Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Where did you get those from? That is top notch, love hearing the players and coaches during games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Love those videos :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO. wrote: »
    Love it:

Great stuff TO., loved Minitron running down to the crowd, totally amped in the last clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

NFL Films has access to the player mics and they produce multiple shows here in the US that have the same or slightly varying videos, like Inside the NFL, Turning Point, etc.

Full length here: http://www.nfl.com/videos/inside-the-nfl/0ap3000000459067/Inside-the-NFL-Ravens-vs-Patriots-highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

What a game against the Ravens, and Brady putting in another phenomenal GOAT performance. Even the big hits from the Ravens couldn't knock him off his rhythm. And If he's stays in this sort of mood, I won't worry about who we play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

So Ray Lewis goes on a rant about Tom Brady, stating he'd be nothing without the 'tuck rule'.
    Does Tom shout back about Ray Lewis not serving jail-time (in which case it'd be 'Ray who?') via whatever made up rule got him off?

Nah. Tom just breezes past it.
    "Everyone has an opinion," Brady said Thursday, according to WEEI.com. "I think Ray is a great player. He's a first-ballot Hall of Famer. I was fortunate enough to play against him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its over 22 minutes long but its worth it for every second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its over 22 minutes long but its worth it for every second.

Reminds me how much crap the media 'experts' talk!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Its over 22 minutes long
    I thought it was a bit short ;)

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    Reminds me how much crap the media 'experts' talk!

A lot of guys just wanted to be the first to call it the end of Tom, so at some point they could claim 'I said it at time'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Watched this last night at about the same time, arsed about trying to copy and paste the link on the phone and then fell asleep. You beat me to it!

Yeah worthwhile watching it back, you do forget some of the games this season. God il have the jitters on Sunday night...

BKWDR wrote: »
    God il have the jitters on Sunday night...
    They've started with me already!

We are favorites, and I expect us to win; but I was impressed with the Colts last week. Yeah Manning was injured (not sure of the extent of the injury) but their offense made a lot of high caliber (on paper) players look very bad.

They nullified the Broncos pass rush, Talib looked like a bad rookie, and showed a commitment to the run.

Should be a good game.

Are there any reports on Gray playing or will he be IA ?

Just looking at that youtube video of him tearing it up.

I am not going to count my chickens on this game. The Ravens game (even though i personally thought it would be close) has taught me not to think any game is a dead cert or close to it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

BKWDR wrote: »
    Are there any reports on Gray playing or will he be IA ?

Just looking at that youtube video of him tearing it up.

I am not going to count my chickens on this game. The Ravens game (even though i personally thought it would be close) has taught me not to think any game is a dead cert or close to it.

I think his omission the last day was totally game plan orientated. They left out Fleming Gray Devey and White. 4 "jumbo" package players. It was clear there was no run gameplan whatsoever, so him being left out wasnt a surprise in that game (previous ones though I'd query). I think he will be active this week though. Bolden, Blount, Vereen and himself, but then you are missing Stork so Devey and Fleming might both be activated this week. Hard to know really, but I do think the gameplan both offensively and defensively will be vastly different this week.

Yeah Manning was injured (not sure of the extent of the injury) but their offense made a lot of high caliber (on paper) players look very bad.

Manning was pretty dire during the month of December - throwing 3 TDs and 6 Ints. So he was well off going into the Colts game. His form was one of the main reasons a Colts win wouldn't have and didn't have surprise me at all. We all know it's a team game but from a hype viewpoint, Brady is 3-0 playing Luck and the average winning score has been 48-23. But past games mean nothing and I think 8 of Belichick's playoff losses, have been against teams we've beaten pretty well in the regular season. So we can have no room for complacency.

We've ran the ball down the Colts throat the last two games and I'm hoping for something similar. But no doubt the Colts will be working on their run defense as a priority. The good thing is, even if we can't run it, we all saw what happened against the Ravens. We put it all on Brady's shoulders and he put in a masterclass performance & legendary win. Now I think it will be a closer game and anything could happen. But if Brady is in the mood we saw last Saturday, then I'm not worried about who we play.

But past games mean nothing and I think 8 of Belichick's playoff losses, have been against teams we've beaten pretty well in the regular season. So we can have no room for complacency.
    2010 ...........
    Dec 6th: NE 45:3 Jets
    Jan 16th: Jets 28:21 NE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

2010 ...........
    Dec 6th: NE 45:3 Jets
    Jan 16th: Jets 28:21 NE

Dec 29th Patriots 38 Giants 35
    Feb 3rd Patriots 14 Giants 17

Oct 4th Patriots 27 Ravens 21
    Jan 10th Patriots 14 Ravens 33

2010 as Jets above

2011 lost to the Giants twice

2012 lost to the Ravens twice

Nov 24 Patriots 34 Denver 31
    Jan 19th Patriots 16 Denver 26

So we have played the team who has knocked us out of the playoffs in every year in the regular season too, winning 3 and losing 2. but losing all five rematches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Stop I have enough of a bad feeling as it is!

Is Stork definitely out? He will be a big loss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Vontae Davis and Greg Toler both questionable for the Colts

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

kryogen wrote: »
    Is Stork definitely out? He will be a big loss

Yeah, Stork is out.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Vontae Davis and Greg Toler both questionable for the Colts

Hopefully Davis will be out for the game and this isn't just a smokescreen. Now if T.Y. Hilton could come down with a dose of the flu & diarrhoea today, that would be nice.

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, Stork is out.

A very, very bad time of the year to be losing our starting Center.:(

CHOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Hazys wrote: »

Fix your post dammit so people can she this greatness. I will remove this post when you fix it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

A very, very bad time of the year to be losing our starting Center.:(

doesn't both me as much now. We lost him pretty much at the start against the Ravens and our Line played well against that strong Ravens D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

doesn't both me as much now. We lost him pretty much at the start against the Ravens and our Line played well against that strong Ravens D

Thought they were playing better after he went off tbh, which is not to say their prior difficulties were down to him.

Trent Richardson didn't make the trip with the colts.... Fwiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

We had no run game at all though, hadn't even game planned for it. They also used quick passes to protect Tom. Without Stork I feel the gaps won't be there for the run game as much which is more important against the Colts. They played the pass well last week, I know Manning was poor but good coverage is good coverage and an O line that can create gaps for the rb would be a huge help tonight.

I worry about how often they will be able to get to Tom through the middle now, hopefully Solder has one of his better games too cause thats the last thing needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was having a few drinks with an Eagles fan last night. Kept telling me we'll be like the Eagles of the early 2000s for losing championship games if we lose tonight. Thats not a comparison you would want

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement