Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

paulie21 wrote: »
    Was having a few drinks with an Eagles fan last night. Kept telling me we'll be like the Eagles of the early 2000s for losing championship games if we lose tonight. Thats not a comparison you would want

The difference being we actually appreciate our Quarterback though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

kryogen wrote: »
    We had no run game at all though, hadn't even game planned for it. They also used quick passes to protect Tom. Without Stork I feel the gaps won't be there for the run game as much which is more important against the Colts. They played the pass well last week, I know Manning was poor but good coverage is good coverage and an O line that can create gaps for the rb would be a huge help tonight.

I worry about how often they will be able to get to Tom through the middle now, hopefully Solder has one of his better games too cause thats the last thing needed!

Stork is not the reason we had no run game. Even with him in there we couldn't run the ball. The Ravens Dline stacked the box and used pressure all through the game. As I said previously keeping Tom Brady on his feet even if it was only a few seconds was key going into the Ravens game and it will be the same against the Colts.

Colts have a decent Defense but I don't think they will have the same ability to take away our run game. And if our Oline perform again tonight I feel the run game will get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

TO. wrote: »
    Stork is not the reason we had no run game. Even with him in there we couldn't run the ball. The Ravens Dline stacked the box and used pressure all through the game. As I said previously keeping Tom Brady on his feet even if it was only a few seconds was key going into the Ravens game and it will be the same against the Colts.

Colts have a decent Defense but I don't think they will have the same ability to take away our run game. And if our Oline perform again tonight I feel the run game will get going.

I wasn't saying he was the reason we couldn't run, I am saying we had no intention of running so his loss was not as important v the Ravens, pressure was taken off the O line by the employ of trick packages and quick passes.

I feel that as we will no doubt be looking to run the ball more tonight his loss will be felt more.

As always the main thing is protecting Brady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Seriously hope last week's performance on defence was just rustiness. We will be in serious trouble of it isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Just came online, did a speed test and I'm getting a whopping 0.9Mbps. So it looks like once again, I'll be following the game via the Pats Website game updater.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Anyone in Galway where this game could be watched tonight?
    Or am I posting in the right thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dh1985

Try the front door. It showed the game last Saturday. On one of the screens up at the backend of the ground floor bar. Good screen. No sound though but I suppose you could get liquored up and do your own commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Im thinking of watching it in the dail they'll have it on. Watching the game at home atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Just came online, did a speed test and I'm getting a whopping 0.9Mbps. So it looks like once again, I'll be following the game via the Pats Website game updater.:(

If you're in the same situation for the Super Bowl, I'll house you for the night in Dublin if you can make it - assuming we make it that far!

Jonas Gray active tonight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

If you're in the same situation for the Super Bowl, I'll house you for the night in Dublin if you can make it - assuming we make it that far!

Your offer is much appreciated JaMarcus, but I should have it sorted before the SB. I've already got the ISP switching process underway, just waiting for a Vodafone engineer to call out next week to get it up and running.
    Jonas Gray active tonight :)

Thank the lord, hopefully he can inflict the Beast mode 2.0 upon them again tonight.

• Advertisement

Inactives:

Chris Jones
    Zach Moore
    Brian Tyms
    Josh Boyce
    Bryan Stork
    Jordan Devey
    James White

Inactives:

Chris Jones
    Zach Moore
    Brian Tyms
    Josh Boyce
    Bryan Stork
    Jordan Devey
    James White

Hope Tim Wright sees some action, he could be a big player in the red zone, great dual threat with Gronk at that position

With only LaFell, Edelman and Amendola Active at WR possibility we will see Wright in the mix

Pre mature i know but GB and seahawks both looking very beatable

A two score lead would be nice. Force luck to air it more. Play a nice contain defense and wait for a mistake.

We should be further in front, have seen earlier what can happen when chances are not taken and stupidity is allowed to creep in.

Need to get something on the opening drive to keep the pressure on Luck, stick with the run, it will open up the play action for later when we will hopefully see MiniTron and Gronk have a bit more room to work with

We need to put this game to bed. We are not doing enough to finish it off. Stupid mistakes are starting to get in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Run, run, and run some more!

Will we see gray?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Your offer is much appreciated JaMarcus, but I should have it sorted before the SB. I've already got the ISP switching process underway, just waiting for a Vodafone engineer to call out next week to get it up and running.

Thank the lord, hopefully he can inflict the Beast mode 2.0 upon them again tonight.

We had the same problem with Vodafone and they never resolved it. 3 months dicking around... Switched to UPC in the end.

empacher wrote: »
    Will we see gray?

Maybe at the end if he is lucky. Ever since he was late for practice it seems like he was destined never to play again.

TO. wrote: »
    Maybe at the end if he is lucky. Ever since he was late for practice it seems like he was destined never to play again.

He's hardly being kept as a perfectlt fresh rb for the superbowl; like an explosive weapon that hasnt being game planned for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

REVIS ISLAND WOOO!!!!

Another 20yards and blount breaks his divisional game.

empacher wrote: »
    He's hardly being kept as a perfectlt fresh rb for the superbowl; like an explosive weapon that hasnt being game planned for?

I honestly think he is done and will only be used when neccessary as in when no one else can go. Blount is on fire right now and Vereen offers us the passing option out of the backfield really no need for Gray right now when you look at it.

Time to sit the starters. Preferably all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Congrats lads

We're onto Seattle

Great season now whatever happens :) Delighted with another AFC title

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    Congrats lads

We're onto Seattle

Via Arizona.

Don't know about you guys but it hasn't sunk in yet this is the AFC championship and we are bowl bound. Win or lose (hopefully a win) this has been a fooking mad season and can't wait for the game in 2 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement