Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Jesus, get Brady out!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

kryogen wrote: »
    Great season now whatever happens :) Delighted with another AFC title

Absolutely. This is where I wanted and thought we could be before the season started. I had one bad wobble of a week where I thought the sky had fallen, but am delighted it was highly premature and should have had more faith in the team. I don't see anything to fear in Seattle. It'll be a good match up.

Get Brady off the field now tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well lads the Gods shined on me and Gamepass decided to work perfectly for the game :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tom Brady

20 post season wins

More then 21 current franchises have in their entire history.

GOAT and can put this debate to bed with victory in Arizona

6Ahcip.jpg

• Advertisement

Another record awaits Tom then, a 6th Superbowl appearance. More then anyone else I believe?

Delighted with the game tonight AFC Champs and the big one to get excited about!

Phew. Only for "tuck rule" Brady would have lost that game tonight.

kryogen wrote: »
    Another record awaits Tom then, a 6th Superbowl appearance. More then anyone else I believe?

Yes it's a record - 6th Super Bowl appearances. Yet another postseason record for Brady to own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Well done lads, well deserved. Always felt it was going to be a stroll for yee. Good luck in two weeks.

• Advertisement

BB smiled, and said the line of course :)

Weird when he smiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You gotta believe we can do it after that. This is the team the media said was done after three weeks. I'd love to see them all crawl under a rock now but they won't they'll just ride it and say they called it early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dh1985

Earl thomas dislocated shoulder also. Cant be a bad thing

eagle eye wrote: »
    You gotta believe we can do it after that. This is the team the media said was done after three weeks. I'd love to see them all crawl under a rock now but they won't they'll just ride it and say they called it early on.

That pre game hype video that was floating around last week sums it up perfectly for me in terms of people writing the team and Brady off early in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

We're being investigated for deflating the footballs last night. Haters probably going to get some mileage out of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

paulie21 wrote: »
    We're being investigated for deflating the footballs last night. Haters probably going to get some mileage out of that

Edit: Just read the non story. The league will find nothing wrong just watch. The refs hand the balls to the Pats right before kickoff all 12 of them. Meaning the ball attendant would have had to stood there deflating footballs. Even still footballs have been deflated for years though nothing new there.

Of course the loss of draft picks is being thrown in there according to Bob Kravitz's sources. Got to love these guys and their sources.

Like the ball would have made a difference to the Colts anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Letting it sink in now about last nights win. WOW. Blounts game was just brilliant. Reminded me of the massive points he put up against the ravens last season in a break out game.

What is the story with Gray. Thrown in at the end for a few snaps. Has he fallen out with BB?
    Was great to see Brady so pumped , especially with the crowd in the fourth quarter

And the jitters will start now again with the super bowl.

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Patriots-react-being-AFC-Champions/ae94ff1d-58ff-4960-8c4b-6165168b8902

FF to the end , Edelman on Brady...

"I truly love that man, [chuckle], i do, it's great to have him part of this team"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

BKWDR wrote: »
    What is the story with Gray. Thrown in at the end for a few snaps. Has he fallen out with BB?

I don't understand why everyone is so loved up on Gray. Yes, he had a magnificient game against the Colts in the regular season, and I do love his running style, he seems to run with patience, and hit the hole at the exact right time, alot like Le'Veon Bell, but it was only one game!

The lad has bounced around practice squads for the last couple of seasons. BB has a RB in Blount who has proven successful and relieable in the past, BB will stick with Blount until he makes a few fumbles.

I think Gray has good potential, but I don't think he's going to dislodge Blount anytime soon. I imagine his emergence just paves the way for ridley to hit free agency.

infacteh wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone is so loved up on Gray. Yes, he had a magnificient game against the Colts in the regular season, and I do love his running style, he seems to run with patience, and hit the hole at the exact right time, alot like Le'Veon Bell, but it was only one game!

The lad has bounced around practice squads for the last couple of seasons. BB has a RB in Blount who has proven successful and relieable in the past, BB will stick with Blount until he makes a few fumbles.

I think Gray has good potential, but I don't think he's going to dislodge Blount anytime soon. I imagine his emergence just paves the way for ridley to hit free agency.

I think it stems from when he did have the good game against the colts, then was late to practice and has seemed to be non existent ever since.
    Blount is Blount, just wondered what the back story on Gray is all

TO. wrote: »
    Of course the loss of draft picks is being thrown in there according to Bob Kravitz's sources. Got to love these guys and their sources.
    This is one of the reasons why Twitter is an awful reporting tool.

So what if he got the report that they were checking this out; why not wait until they confirm/deny that it's an issue before hyping this up?
    No doubt he got the extra few Twitter followers that he wished to get.

Such a rush to get any bit of news out there, even if it's just speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's the definition of a story if the NFL is investigating the Patriots for potential rule-breaking, TO. Hard to understand this irrational rage at the media for reporting what is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Weren't we cheating last week too with the illegal formations and our deceptive unsportsmanship?

Complete click bait "story". Don't the refs touch the ball before every single play? Aren't the refs and NFL employees in the charge of the balls? It'd have to be some conspiracy to pull off deflating balls that are under the supervision of NFL employees? Not to mention, why go to so much effort to cheat when deflating the balls benefits both teams? Also, why didn't we do it against the Ravens when our gameplan was much more passing heavy?

This leaves me only to say...

IMkqO.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Syferus wrote: »
    It's the definition of a story if the NFL is investigating the Patriots for potential rule-breaking, TO. Hard to understand this irrational rage at the media for reporting what is happening.

It makes no sense. One football was removed. An Indy reporter is the only one who got the lead. His source says they could lose draft picks over it. The only reason this is out now is because some hack wants exposure and this is gold dust for him.

would it surprise me if this is a nothing event? Absolutely Not. Would it surprise me if it makes no difference to people and this will put another wave of cheating to the team regardless of innocence? Nope. This is going to run and the media will keep this crap going during Superbowl week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Have to say, well played Rob Ninkovich last night. It probably didn't get him on the stat sheet, but he was constantly putting Luck under pressure last night. Always steps up in the big games.

More worryingly, I don't think Chandler Jones was mentioned last night. It seems to be a repeat of last season, he starts off well, but then jsut fades away as the season goes on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Syferus wrote: »

What are you banging on about. Irrational rage? You need to lay off whatever it is you are smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Congrats on the win last night. Class of the AFC since the KC game.

Tom Brady is now officially as good as Mike Lodish.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Lodish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

infacteh wrote: »
    Have to say, well played Rob Ninkovich last night. It probably didn't get him on the stat sheet, but he was constantly putting Luck under pressure last night. Always steps up in the big games.

More worryingly, I don't think Chandler Jones was mentioned last night. It seems to be a repeat of last season, he starts off well, but then jsut fades away as the season goes on.....

Yeah Jones needs to pull a good game out his behind in the SB. Been pretty quiet the past two games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement