Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

eagle eye wrote: »
    No matter who wins on Sunday week one fact that will be true is that the only two head coaches ever hired by Bob Kraft, since he bought the Patriots almost 21 years ago, will have won five superbowls between them.

Just a glimpse of how important an owner is.
    or how lucky..if Drew Belsoe never got injured then Brady probably wouldn't have been given a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Someone tell Ray Lewis that, it would work better then his tuck rule quote :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

PIORUN wrote: »
    or how lucky..if Drew Belsoe never got injured then Brady probably wouldn't have been given a shot.

Tom Brady has nothing to do with how Pete Carroll has done in the NFL.

Tom Brady has nothing to do with how Pete Carroll has done in the NFL.
    True but Kraft taking credit for Carrolls super bowl win(s)..come on..

Kraft didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He didn't take credit and nobody is saying he should either. I'm simply pointing out that the two head coaches hired by the owner of the Patriots have both won Superbowls and if the result I don't want to happen in this one does occur then the two head coaches he hired will be multiple Superbowl winners.

I'm giving him credit for being able to identify great coaches.

He didn't take credit and nobody is saying he should either. I'm simply pointing out that the two head coaches hired by the owner of the Patriots have both won Superbowls and if the result I don't want to happen in this one does occur then the two head coaches he hired will be multiple Superbowl winners.

I'm giving him credit for being able to identify great coaches.

ok good point. Parcells was the other coach he had , albeit not hired by him, who a couple of SB's under his belt. No pressure on the next head coach they hire so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Stork back in full combat today.

Vanolder wrote: »
    Stork back in full combat today.

Terrific news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Sorry to see that TO. seems to have closed his account. No doubt it was probably due to some of the utter tripe and nonsense in the other thread. Hope the rest of ye don't follow him. Ignore the hate lads, success and dominance just breeds hate and it's to be expected really.

• Advertisement

He does that now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

This story is just getting boring and blown way out of proportion. It's about time the nfl commented on the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

me89 wrote: »
    This story is just getting boring and blown way out of proportion. It's about time the nfl commented on the situation.
    I really disliked the way it was initially tweeted out.
    [paraphrasing]Pats been investigated, could result in loss of draft picks.[/paraphrasing]
    Does it have to be leaked out? Does it have to be tweeted before the investigation begins (knowing the stir it would cause)? Do we really need wall-to-wall coverage?

If the Pats are guilty, then they would deserve the scrutiny and backlash.
    But the whole 'circus' thing is just OTT.
    I mean Tom's eye is still a bit red, and yet it got very little coverage; legal OL plays got in-dept analysis, yet gouging gets virtually passed over.

Hoping we can 'move onto Seattle' soon.

This one made me chuckle regarding the press conference with Tom and the analysis after
    My wife walked in, watched for a minute, shook her head, and said "I can't believe you give me **** for my reality TV."
    I couldn't really argue. This is some soapy, trifling **** right here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭ChicagoJoe

It's a bit of an irony that as the Seattle Seahawks try to become the first back-to-back champions in 10 years that they'll have to face the last team to pull off that feat the Patriots. If you live in Dublin I seen this morning the Portobello pub just past Rathmines is advertising they will be showing the game probably with some promotion from Bud or something. What others around Dublin ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ChicagoJoe wrote: »
    It's a bit of an irony that as the Seattle Seahawks try to become the first back-to-back champions in 10 years that they'll have to face the last team to pull off that feat the Patriots. If you live in Dublin I seen this morning the Portobello pub just past Rathmines is advertising they will be showing the game probably with some promotion from Bud or something. What others around Dublin ?

Usual haunts, Sinnots , woolshed Kearneys

www.americanfootball.ie/where-to-watch-superbowl-xlix/panthers/

I watched the ravens 9ers game in the Portabello, not a bad night they didnt get the numbers so closed downstairs so less screens , arrive early if you want to *watch* the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Went to Peadar KEarneys last year, good fun. Where's the best spot for it in Dublin?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Went to Peadar KEarneys last year, good fun. Where's the best spot for it in Dublin?

If the Pats weren't playing i probably would take a look at watching it in the Odeon at the Dublin Rebels party....10e a ticket there's a thread in this forum for a free beer etc. Sounds like a good set up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

BKWDR wrote: »
    Usual haunts, Sinnots , woolshed Kearneys

www.americanfootball.ie/where-to-watch-superbowl-xlix/panthers/

I watched the ravens 9ers game in the Portabello, not a bad night they didnt get the numbers so closed downstairs so less screens , arrive early if you want to *watch* the game.

I'll be avoiding the Portobello from now on. Called ahead to specifically ask if they were showing the Pats Colts game on Sunday. They said yup, sure are, on all the screens etc.

What they didn't mention was they'd have the sound turned off and you'd be forced to listen to a ****ty band for the first half, and even ****tier club music for the second half.

I'll be avoiding the Portobello from now on. Called ahead to specifically ask if they were showing the Pats Colts game on Sunday. They said yup, sure are, on all the screens etc.

What they didn't mention was they'd have the sound turned off and you'd be forced to listen to a ****ty band for the first half, and even ****tier club music for the second half.

To be fair though thats kinda standard for a Saturday night game, they wanna get bums on seats. But the superbowl is popular as they see it to make a mint on an otherwise dead night (sunday). There was sound and no band on the previous years on superbowl night

I actually booked into the hotel in the Portabello because to get a taxi home would cost about 35-40e and we got B&B in the hotel for 40e which sealed the deal.

• Advertisement

Oh I'm sure the Super Bowl will be fine as it's the main attraction, I was just annoyed as I'd called ahead.

Though I suppose they did spare me having to listen to Phil Simms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Reporter: What are your thoughts of Richard Sherman declaring himself the best player in the NFL at the position?

Revis: That's great

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO.. wrote: »
    Sorry guys. I let certain people frustrate me and I closed my account when I wasn't thinking straight. Anyway, back to talking football.

Good stuff TO.. it's good to have you back.:)

TO. just sent me an email. That's not him, it's some sad fool taking the piss.

Imitate-gate?

TO.. wrote: »
    Sorry guys. I let certain people frustrate me and I closed my account when I wasn't thinking straight. Anyway, back to talking football.

Lads I'm just confirming that this is a fake account/Troll.

I set the bait and they took it hook line and sinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

10374079_10153053778302372_6035822568590934734_n.jpg?oh=da2f7c520f3f5c174f767061aa86bd3b&oe=5524D27B&__gda__=1428522754_222fe234a48b9b9eb0e4da6f90b08040

Superbowl jerseys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

He sent me the same...how do report it the boards admins to get it banned if possible?

if you got a pm you want to report there is a report function for it same as reporting a post. Cant remember exactly where it is but definitely one there when you open the message

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Hazys wrote: »
    He sent me the same...how do report it the boards admins to get it banned if possible?

if you got a pm you want to report there is a report function for it same as reporting a post. Cant remember exactly where it is but definitely one there when you open the message

I've been in contact with the real TO. Lads it sorted, the fake TO.. has been site banned. He lost the plot after I posted this......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93981771&postcount=7407 And that's when the PM nonsense started. Thankfully he was stupid enough to login and react accordingly. Send me a PM if you want any more info.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement