Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Well guys!

Wooooooo oooo hoooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

We never make it easy do we!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

BKWDR wrote: »
    Wooooooo oooo hoooooo

Well said, it needed saying and you say it so eloquently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Safe to say that I won't be sleeping for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Great tweet by Andy Hart.
    "The Butler did it"!!

• Advertisement

Great tweet by Andy Hart.
    "The Butler did it"!!

Priceless.

I don't know if many of ye listen to the PFW in Progress podcasts, but Fred, Paul, Andy and Eric are great craic.

Priceless.

I don't know if many of ye listen to the PFW in Progress podcasts, but Fred, Paul, Andy and Eric are great craic.

Emm, maybe not Eric ;P
    New intro rocks.
    Can't wait for Tuesday's show.

At the moment I just wish there was a Channel4 + 2 :)

Emm, maybe not Eric ;P
    New intro rocks.
    Can't wait for Tuesday's show.

Ya, I was going to leave out Eric but I hadn't the heart to do it.:D
    At the moment I just wish there was a Channel4 + 2 :)

Probably just as well there isn't. Watching it the second time took a lot out of me...

6pwxRV.jpeg

Personally I wish the media would leave the "non run call" the reason they lost to a HUGE goal line INT

BKWDR wrote: »
    Personally I wish the media would leave the "non run call" the reason they lost to a HUGE goal line INT

I wouldn't even worry about that nonsense. There weren't banging the drums for us in 2007 & 2011 when we lost 2 Superbowls to a couple of completely flukey plays.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile the GOAT is back on his throne....

7rGaSH.jpg

That pic is missing a fourth ring :)

That pic is missing a fourth ring :)

Dude, I Photoshopped the 4th ring onto his right hand. His left hand is full with the three other rings.:)

Dude, I Photoshopped the 4th ring onto his right hand. His left hand is full with the three other rings.:)

I failed to see the third ring 😊

I failed to see the third ring 😊

The one on his pinkie finger is kinda hard to see alright.

Night gents

What a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Right lads might as well ask these questions since it doesn't look like I'm getting any sleep tonight?

1: Who do you think will appear on Americas game?

2: Who will we face on the Thursday night season opener at Foxborough?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Right lads might as well ask these questions since it doesn't look like I'm getting any sleep tonight?

2: Who will we face on the Thursday night season opener at Foxborough?

America's game - Our great owner Mr. Kraft, Bill, The GOAT, Vince, Gronk, Minitron, Revis Island, Devin......man it's hard. Feck it, put the whole team on it.

Who we face on the Thursday night game? Our home opponents next season will be Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Pittsburgh. So it will be one of those.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Trent Dilfer ;P

Trent Dilfer ;P

Lol had completely forgotten about what he said

• Advertisement

America's game - Our great owner Mr. Kraft, Bill, The GOAT, Vince, Gronk, Minitron, Revis Island, Devin......man it's hard. Feck it, put the whole team on it.

Who we face on the Thursday night game? Our home opponents next season will be Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, Pittsburgh. So it will be one of those.

Hmm hard to pick a good storyline matchup amongst those. Maybe Sexy Rexy first game as Bills coach so he can kiss Belichicks rings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Congrats. Was a great game. Thought it was all over when the Pats curse of poxey catches went against them but they needed a big play in defence and got it at the very last. Enjoy the moment as Brady won't be around in a few years and replacing him will be a massive task.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Congrats guys, well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Every pre-season I ask for undrafted gems and I got this contribution.

My Ravens need defensive backs, do us a favour and cut him ;)
    My top UDFA for the Patriots is Malcolm Butler. He literally came out of nowhere from the Division II West Alabama Tigers. He's 5' 11" & 190 Lbs and his natural instincts and ball hawking ability jump of the screen at you. After the first preseason game, I thought this guy could make the roster. By the second preseason game, I knew he was making the roster.

49565_tempKDN_6718--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg
    *He will be wearing the No. 21 for the season and not the No. 29 jersey pictured here.

This guys play making caught the eye throughout camp and he did something not many defensive backs have done, he generated more headlines than Revis. He then continued his excellent play right through the 4 preseason games. He is always on his man, always on the money. If he ends up as the starting CB opposite Revis, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. So watch out for number 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

whoo hoo, what a win...I was just getting off the couch to turn the tv off as I assumed Lynch was going to stroll in it, I was baffled as to why the Pats hadn't called a time out up to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Congratulations to The Patriots and Patriots fans. Another great Super Bowl (tough to sleep after that). I think overall you guys were the best team on the night (just) and the best team in the NFL this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Congrats to the Pats. Incredible superbowl from start to finish. Woke up this morning not sure if I actually saw what I saw. I thought Edelman showed everything that a great baller should, he was immense. Truly left it out on the field in all phases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Anywhere I can watch it back online now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Have the full game recorded at home can't wait to finish work and watch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Epic game, lots of great performances, Brady, Edelman, Amendola, Ninko, the LB's. Ran it alot closer than ii expected, and I was a bag of nerves for the whole 4th quarter!

Plus I had LaFell as first scorer @ 13/1 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement