Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It was a classic... tense throughout & tons of drama -

* Very slow start for the Seahawks offensively
    * Couple of dodgy interceptions from Brady
    * 1st half heats up, 4 touchdowns, all square at half-time,
    * The Seahawks go 10 points up at the end of the 3rd
    * The guy who was working in Footlocker at the start of the season making monster catches for 100 yards and a TD
    * The Pats comeback and go ahead score
    * The amazing fluke catch - unbelievable - I thought Giants David Tyree catch... here we go again
    * The most ridiculous play call in NFL history - I couldn't believe what I was seeing as the Seahawks went shotgun with no Lynch in the backfield - mind boggling
    * The goal line interception
    * The melee at the end

Incredible game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

What a finish...I actually had to watch the Int on replay as I couldn't watch BeastMode punching in the game winning TD...

I was very worried at half time, as the Seahawks seemed to be making big plays whenever they needed them, but thankfully our D was stout when they really needed to be.

That juggling catch by Kearse was giving me some serious David Tyree flashbacks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pretty amazing by the rooking Butler. Read him interviewed this morning and he said he knew exactly what the Seahawks were going to do on the final play.
    “I knew they were going to throw it,” said Butler. “From preparation, I remembered the formation they were in and I knew they were doing a pick route.”

Kearse was supposed to pick the corner trying to stay with Lockette. Wilson threw. Butler burst through the poor pick and made an easy catch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just woke up to my friends snapchats... Not only was he killing me with his stadium shots but he made the Kraft after party. I **** you not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just woke up to my friends snapchats... Not only was he killing me with his stadium shots but he made the Kraft after party. I **** you not

sweet - free cheezewhizz all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pretty amazing by the rooking Butler. Read him interviewed this morning and he said he knew exactly what the Seahawks were going to do on the final play.
    Just watched the game here again. The last play he played perfectly.

Normally in pick plays, both DB's line up alongside each other (making a pick inevitable), but Butler very cleverly lines up 3 steps deep. He ends up lining himself up perfectly, so he's running straight at the ball, whereas Lockette is coming at an angle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

How valuable was that getting seattle 5 yard penalty at the very end. It would've given, potentially, seattle the ball back after a safety?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

How valuable was that getting seattle 5 yard penalty at the very end. It would've given, potentially, seattle the ball back after a safety?

Yeah, really stupid from the Seahawks that. It was a really nervy situation for the Pats and the Seahawks just gave them a get out of jail for free pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

Fantastic game last night - it had pretty much everything including an unforgettable ending. I'm glad the patriots won. Edelman was great again, what a warrior he was last night. The Gronk was kept quiet enough I thought. Brady was the key man last night tho, talk about game management, keeping cool under pressure. 10 points down in the last quarter is unprecedented I believe.

On the seahawks side the story looked like it was all set up to be about the rookie who went from shoe salesman to wide receiving demon in the superbowl in three months. There is surely a Blindside story in there somewhere, incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

willabur wrote: »
    The Gronk was kept quiet enough I thought.

It was quality over quantity from Gronk.
    We went for lots of quick passes to the smaller guys (Vereen, Edelman, and Danny had a combined 25 catches).
    And then Gronk had 6 catches for 68yds and a TD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Out of interest what would New England have likely done without that 5 yard penalty. Tried to run (or pass :eek:) for a play, or deliberately taken the safety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Snowed in today. Staying at home. Unexpected day off work after the Super Bowl.

Niiiiiiiiice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Out of interest what would New England have likely done without that 5 yard penalty. Tried to run (or pass :eek:) for a play, or deliberately taken the safety?

QB sneak for an inch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Probably the best part:
    “No. I’ve got a lot of football left.”

—Tom Brady, asked if he understood what a fourth Super Bowl title means for his legacy.

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Love his desire to win tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It was quality over quantity from Gronk.
    We went for lots of quick passes to the smaller guys (Vereen, Edelman, and Danny had a combined 25 catches).
    And then Gronk had 6 catches for 68yds and a TD.
    Yeah I'm bragging here :D
    eagle eye wrote: »
    You know what we haven't used in quite a while, the dink and dunk offense. And I think it could be just the answer to this Seahawks D.

Tried the sneak, which would have been reviewed upstairs lost likely, then a referees announcement which would have been...
    (a) "2nd down" (i.e. Pats win the Superbowl)
    (b) "safety", and we would kick it back to Seahawks with about 15 seconds, and them needing a FG to win. Don't think my heart would have been ready for that

Good interview with Butler, seems like a real humble kid who can't quite believe what just happened: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12267303

Hazys wrote: »
    Good interview with Butler, seems like a real humble kid who can't quite believe what just happened: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:12267303

They interviewed him straight after the game and it seemed like he was in shock.

Great t-shirt....
    SUPERTRON_tshirt_template_2048x2048.png?v=1422880468

• Advertisement

They interviewed him straight after the game and it seemed like he was in shock.

I missed cos i was in a bar, trying to find the interview on youtube now.

A very emotional Edelman talking about his dad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Some fantastic photos from last night here: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/01/us/gallery/super-bowl-xlix/

Edelman firing off on the the Haters; Dilfer, Young, Carter get a roasting. Nice to see from a Pats player.

http://media.weei.com/a/101507872/julian-edelman-super-bowl-champ-joins-mfb-2-2-14.htm

Some fantastic photos from last night here: http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/01/us/gallery/super-bowl-xlix/

The Lane one :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm sure the greatest quarterback sneaker of all time - Tom Brady, would probably beg to differ on that. But he used his wily skills to change the snap count and draw the over hyped Bennett offside. It was masterful stuff.

Hazys wrote: »
    The Lane one :eek:
    Yikes!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yikes!

Horrible stuff and you never want to see that happen to any player, on any team.

Sherman put a big target on his back with the U Mad Bro nonsense back in 2012. So it has to be done....

6NPsqF.gif

Note to self Rich, don't ever piss the GOAT off.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

One thing a lot of people over looked last night especially non Pats fans was Tom Brady's decisions. As I have stated many times before I despise awards but if anyone deserved that MVP it was Brady. The experience showed last night and his decisions were impeccable. The only one flaw was the first Int that was a bad throw but other than that his experience shone through. For me these things made him earn it:

- His quick releases. Incredible how fast he realised the ball last night.
    - His awareness adding to the above. Showed us why he is the best Pocket QB in the game.
    - His snap counts fast clean and sharp as Corvus mentioned drawing them offside at the end.
    - Putting the ball on the money when it was called for.
    - Getting it done.

We really have witnessed the Greatest QB of all time. Simple no denying it now.

• Advertisement

JCTO wrote: »
    We really have witnessed the Greatest QB of all time. Simple no denying it now.

Don't worry. Plenty still will.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement