Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Full Super Bowl in HD, for those who might want to watch it again.

And again...and again and again and again.... :)

http://vimeo.com/118986356

Password = umadbro

Fair play JaMarcus, btw, love the password.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Fair play JaMarcus, btw, love the password.:D

Not my upload :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Lads I picked myself up the SI Bowl edition and also the Soup Bowl Program. If anyone wants a copy let me know as I am grabbing a few this week to send home. $10 including P&P if anyone wants a hard copy of either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Went down to Gillette today to go and see how bad the lines were to see and hold the trophy. 2 hour long line all day. Should have gone yesterday before work :) Wasn't about to stand in the cold for 2 hours :) Pro shop was mental also.

Another of my favourite pics from the Superbowl. Game over, title in the bag and the lads look like they're vying to do some serious damage.....

5ZzXGh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

the intensity in Gronks eyes, he wants to smash someone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Another of my favourite pics from the Superbowl. Game over, title in the bag and the lads look like they're vying to do some serious damage.....

5ZzXGh.jpg
    Favorite pics? Jesus all I could thing during this was "WTF are they doing, don't give away a penalty". Stupid for any Patriots to get involved.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Favorite pics? Jesus all I could thing during this was "WTF are they doing, don't give away a penalty". Stupid for any Patriots to get involved.

During the game, it was clear the Hawks were the instigators so there was no need to worry. Worst case scenario was a 50:50 ruling by the refs, which meant we would have been back to taking a knee in victory formation.

7YjHPT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

The Seahawks are used to bullying and dominating their opponents. I thought it was great to see, that even with the game nearly over, the Pats weren't taking any ****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

JCTO wrote: »
    Lads I picked myself up the SI Bowl edition and also the Soup Bowl Program. If anyone wants a copy let me know as I am grabbing a few this week to send home. $10 including P&P if anyone wants a hard copy of either.

Pm'd you about this :)

JCTO wrote: »
    Should have gone yesterday before work :) Wasn't about to stand in the cold for 2 hours :)

Oh look, a Pats fan with first world problems.....:pac:

Meanwhile, us poor fans here on the Emerald Isle, would probably swim to Boston for a photo op with the Lombardi.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Jonas Gray spoke very well this week about his up and down season:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4778046/jonas-gray-thought-seahawks-would-pass-at-end-of-super-bowl

On his season and how things changed after his 201-yard performance vs. the Colts: "I had my ups and downs. I had some games where I played well since then. It was one of those things where I had a little issue with team rules, Bill had to make a decision that was best for the team, and sometimes our game-plan works anyway. You never know which running back is going to shine on which day. I think that's just kind of the nature of the beast of the NFL, and also the nature of the beast of having a championship team."

On if it bothered him that Darrelle Revis had played the game after breaking a team rule when Gray didn't: "I couldn't let it bother me. I looked at it as working on my craft every day, doing everything I needed to do, going through experiences like that becoming a better pro. A lot of it probably had to do with Darrelle is a veteran in this league; he's been doing it for a long time. I think it was one of those things where Bill had a lot of trust in him. I don't think Bill looked at it as I did this for Revis, I'm going to do this for Jonas. It was kind of individually he had to make a decision that he thought was best for the team."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Re watching the Bengals game right now, where the season was kick started.

That first drive is still incredible

This is a great read, Peter King sits down with Brady and McDaniels and goes through the 4th quarter, play by play.

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/09/tom-brady-super-bowl-49-nfl/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Moderately interesting analysis of the 8 options for the opening game, and percentage likelihood of each. One persons opinion obviously, but seems reasonable to make Eagles/Steelers fav and Jags a one in a thousand chance.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25051760/patriots-will-host-2015-nfl-regular-season-opener-but-against-who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patriots don't want tough early season games. I'd imagine they want it like last season where they can gamble and not tune everybody up fully for a couple of weeks and hope to avoid injuries as much as possible.

Two more great watches.

Brady tribute, if you've got 15 minutes to kill.

Season review (download) if you've got an hour to kill.

https://mega.co.nz/#!KBwWEY6A!OGsHpWCYAoQen6dBCFLJXXBzIA0SJ1tcYuUidFxy_fc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Good article on NFL.com today about Brady giving the MVP jeep to Malcolm Butler. As it's a gift he's going to have to declare it to the taxman. The "free" $35,000 jeep is gonna cost him $15,000 of his $88,000 (pre-tax) salary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Brady tribute, if you've got 15 minutes to kill.

I had half an hour, watched it twice!!

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »
    I had half an hour, watched it twice!!

I just finished the 2nd video - it's absolutely incredible. Goosebumps all over the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

i haven't had a chance to watch that video yet but I was just thinking about Brady when I was thinking about Manning's situation.

Its become evident that the Patriots' backup QBs do improve from being with us even if they don't get much game time. Last year Cassel,Hoyer and Mallett all started games in the NFL last season. When called upon Cassel and Hoyer showed good work while with the Patriots.

Now coaching has a lot of do with this but you'd have to think that Brady helps these guys a lot too. Just another little reason why is such a great leader.

when you look at other teams its almost often the case that when an elite starter goes down the backup is horrendous. I think the starters' involvement with the backups is hugely important.

Gronk was the captain of a dodgeball team that were playing an exhibition at half time of a Florida Everglades game this week. Hot got to pick his team name which the MC had to announce over the arena.

Of course he went with "Roberto Big Piece and the 69ers".

Gronk's world, etc.

Just looking forward to FA, if I had to select the key signings. Then Revis and McCourty are my priorities.

Revis had a $32 million 2 year deal with us last year. He was paid $12 million this year and when you consider the rate for a top CB is $16 million. He basically took a pay cut in 2014. We can't afford to pay him $20 million in 2015 and we essentially owe him that $4 million for his good faith in 2014. So I think we'll offer him a 4 year deal at the top rate @ $16 million x 4 years + $4 million, which will make it a 4 year $68 million deal.

He seems to have enjoyed it so far in NE and has really bonded with his teammates. Always a consummate professional, I think Revis loved the professionalism, standards & intensity set by the Patriots. And I think his respect & admiration for Bill was clear to see, when he drove into Gillette and apologised in person to Bill when he slept in that time.

McCourty is our defensive QB and must be kept. Personally, I think he is one of the best, if not the best FS in the league. Revis regards him as an outstanding player and loves playing with him and that for me says it all. He loves and is loved by his teammates and his comments after the SB win made it clear NE is his home and he doesn't want to leave. I think we'll offer something like of $42 - 44 million 5 year deal and make him one of the best paid Safeties in the league.

With Revis and McCourty secured in place, I think our defense will only get better and better. When you look back to 2-3-4 years ago, who'd have thought that our Secondary would become the strong point of our defense in winning a SB again.

the guys on PFW were saying pretty much the exact same thing as that alright Corvus, a 4 year $68m deal. It was all pure speculation, but it would seem like a reasonable offer for both parties.

McCourty is important alright. And I hope he gets sorted.

As for others, Vereen is important, only for the fact that there is no one to replace him. He is the Faulk/Woodhead type out of the backfield third down back, and none of the other backs are as good at that.

Wilfork I cant see coming back for the money he is due. Either he restructures, which I am not sure he will, or he could be gone. Will he bookend his career with a Superbowl to start and finish? Who knows, but the interior line is an issue, regardless if he is back or not. Amendola too is another who needs to restructure, and based on the dead space of his contract, it doesnt make much sense to cut him.

bruschi wrote: »
    Wilfork I cant see coming back for the money he is due. Either he restructures, which I am not sure he will, or he could be gone. Will he bookend his career with a Superbowl to start and finish? Who knows, but the interior line is an issue, regardless if he is back or not.

Wilfork is the toughest call of all, I don't think we can afford to pay him nearly $8 million in 2015. After last years restructure, another one might be too tough on his pride. But restructuring is the only way he stays. He knows the business and he knows it's not personal, so he'll either accept it or walk away and bookend his career as you suggest. Vince certainly played very well coming off the injury he had, especially at his age. But even with him back, our run defense was very poor at times and it's a part of our defensive line that needs priority attention before the new season starts. Hopefully he'll swallow his pride and take one for the team.

Wilfork is the toughest call of all, I don't think we can afford to pay him nearly $8 million in 2015. After last years restructure, another one might be too tough on his pride. But restructuring is the only way he stays. He knows the business and he knows it's not personal, so he'll either accept it or walk away and bookend his career as you suggest. Vince certainly played very well coming off the injury he had, especially at his age. But even with him back, our run defense was very poor at times and it's a part of our defensive line that needs priority attention before the new season starts. Hopefully he'll swallow his pride and take one for the team.

this is pretty much what Tom Bradys old man was talking about when he said it will end badly on Tom. Vince has been a legend for New England. A mainstay of the defence. An absolute beast of a player. A leader and one of the most respected players in the league.

But yet its still a business. I'm not sure this will end well to be honest. I'd love for Vince to stay, but I cant see how that happens on the money owed to him as it stands. I also cant see him restructuring, as he has damn all time left so a restructure is just a reduction on a last year of play. He wasnt happy with the last one and nearly gave up on it all, so I am not sure he would do it again. It would be a mighty shame if it ends sour. Hopefully it doesnt. I'd still love him to spend a final year playing, if for leadership and integration of a new interior line set up. He played well in fairness last year.

bruschi wrote: »
    this is pretty much what Tom Bradys old man was talking about when he said it will end badly on Tom.

I think he meant that more towards Tom's own acceptance of it. Well that's how I interpreted it anyway. Brady is the team, the living GOAT, he's Robert's 5th son. So I have no doubt that dreaded day will be dealt with in a classy & sensitive way. I think Tom's dad was predicting the difficulty Tom himself will have, in accepting his time is up.

But that's something we need not be concerned about right now. Twelve days ago we witnessed the greatest Superbowl of all time and the greatest Superbowl comeback of all time, being led by our magical number 12. He's been brilliant this season, but he was just phenomenal in the playoffs. Those two 4th quarter TD drives, against one of the most dominant defenses in NFL history was breathtaking to watch.

All this from a 37 year old QB, a guy who seems to be getting even better :eek:. Christ, he made one sweet duking run & sold a dummy (against the Ravens I think) that was reminiscent of the Urlacher move. It's hard to believe, but his running & footwork seemed better this year than at any point in his career. So if Tom Terrific can stay injury free, I don't think his dad will need to worry for a good few years just yet. If ever there was a QB that breaks the mold, it's Brady and if he's getting an extension when his contract is up in 2017. Well it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• Advertisement

The Patriots sending their Valentines Day love to all of the Pats Nation........

7TiZYA.jpg

The best Valentines message ever.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement