Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hard to blame Revis. Imagine how tempted you would be by a job that pays more and offers an extra month's holidays.
    You're a terrible man:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We let Lawyer Milloy go and we won a Superbowl two years later, we then let Ty Law go and everybody said it was the end of the road but we came back and won the next season again.

Revis and Browner were pretty awesome for us but we will find players to fill the void. They mightn't be just as good but for me the most important player to sign is the one we did, Devin McCourty, there are plenty of options out there to make our secondary decent. Chris Culliver is a player I'd like to see the Patriots bring in if it's at the right price,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Kryo closed his account?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Fcuk Sake. How did we not resign Sheard at that money. He played hurt last year. I think he could be an excellent addition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

DE/OLB Jabaal Sheard signed by Pats to a 2 year deal worth 11M. 5.5M guaranteed.
    Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF 2m2 minutes ago

Jabaal Sheard made a tackle resulting in a defensive stop on 8.9% of his run defense snaps, the highest of all 3-4 OLBs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

**** all money left to sign people. 8 million for 2 starting cbs. Assuming DT OL is the focus of the first two picks.

Hate to say it but mayo needs to restructure or get traded.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

https://vine.co/v/O9ujiulnhVE

Sheard working Solder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

empacher wrote: »
    Hate to say it but mayo needs to restructure or get traded.

Wilfork and Mayo were the two logical priorities for restructuring/cutting because they tied up the most money.

In 2015, Mayo’s has a base salary of $6.25 million. $4.5 million of that is guaranteed for injury until he passes a physical. So if Mayo is cut before he passes his physical, they would owe him the $4.5 million.

As soon as Mayo passes his physical, the injury guarantee disappears and that’s when the front office could approach Mayo to restructure his deal.

But it could be July before Mayo is expected to pass his physical and that realistically become an option. So right now we can't do anything with the Mayo contract.

https://vine.co/v/O9ujiulnhVE

Sheard working Solder

I really like this signing and I'll take more of that thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Who is chimdi chewka?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Who is chimdi chewka?

A no more than average CB who played for the Raiders. He is quick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Who is chimdi chewka?
    He was a Raiders ST'er and a pretty good one and backup CB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sheard looks like a fantastic pickup and great value.

So what do you guys think are our pressing needs by position that need to be addressed in FA and through the Draft?
    1. CB
    2. DT (Would love for Vince to come back if the price is right)
    3. Interior OL
    4. Recieving RB

I like that we picked up two verteran minimum WRs. It was terrible last year that our 4th WR was Tyms and he really had no competition for his spot or even a 5th WR to push him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Kryo closed his account?

anyone know why or did something happen on here? pity to see another fan go (even if most of the ones who go here have come back!)

bruschi wrote: »
    anyone know why or did something happen on here? pity to see another fan go (even if most of the ones who go here have come back!)

Looks like he had some issues in the soccer forum maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Suh and Wake could well retire Brady next season guys - you have been warned!

donfers wrote: »

Yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Amendola restructures and creates an additonal $2.1m in cap space

Hazys wrote: »
    Amendola restructures and creates an additonal $2.1m in cap space

Good to hear, that's another necessary move we can tick off the list. We couldn't be paying Edelmans back-up more than him.

donfers wrote: »

Keep dreaming, because Suh did fúck all last November when we battered the Lions 39-9. The Lions couldn't even manage a sack, a pressure, or even a QB hit between them. Actaully in that respect, it was quite similar to our 41-14 battering of the Phins back in December

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The Fins are a better team with Suh, no doubt.
    Both Suh and Revis can make game winning plays, and maybe push both teams towards the playoffs.
    But I just cannot see the overall value in either contract when you don't have a quality QB. For me, the Pats will win the division.

Revis was a big factor in our push to the SB last year. We played a tough schedule and won 12 games (prob 13 if we needed to win game 16).
    But it was TB12 that drove us though the playoffs and the SB win.

Browner gone to the Saints and with that, we enter the 2015 season with our No.1 & No.2 CBs gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Not going to lie, pretty annoyed with our offseason so far.

Not going to lie, pretty annoyed with our offseason so far.

absolutely. the least you want to do after a superbowl is minimum stay as strong. But now we are seriously weakened with the moves that have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I'm struggling to remember an off season when pats fans on here have been happy.

Tristram wrote: »
    I'm struggling to remember an off season when pats fans on here have been happy.

Did you miss last year? Because this time last year, most if not all of us, were over the moon after signing Revis & Browner. And all because in one swoop, we sorted out our biggest problem - the Secondary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

Tristram wrote: »

The Pats Nation everywhere was on cloud 9 this time last year. Many were predicting our freshly strengthened secondary, combined with Brady, finally meant a Superbowl win was now likely. And they were proved right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Here's hoping that our pass rush can step it up and take some of the pressure off of the secondary next year.

Here's hoping that our pass rush can step it up and take some of the pressure off of the secondary next year.

Hopefully so and I want to see a healthy Easley stepping up, earning his first rounder status and causing some disruption in the pocket. I also want to see a much stronger run stuffing presence on the D line. Being able to stop the teams who run the ball well is very important, especially in the postseason. And while I think we need a more disruptive & penetrating pass rush, with a stouter run defense. I don't want to see us moving back to a more exclusively based zone scheme.

The biggest worry for me is, we just lost two corners who delivered great man coverage against teams top WR's. No matter how strong our front seven is, if we go back to a zone dominated defensive back field. Then we are running the risk of returning to the days of teams converting 3/4 3rd & longs at will.

If you take Chung for example, I think he did surprisingly well last year because of the great man coverage from our top two CB's. But in the past, he was dire at times when we played zone more. So if we revert to that, then I think his play will suffer a lot next year.

If you look back to the Packers game, on one snap Rodgers was running around and had 11 seconds to find a man. But he couldn't find a man open because the coverage of Revis & Browner was excellent. Our Safeties could then tie up the middle of the field.

Even looking back to the SB, I think Wilson didn't even complete a pass until late in the 2nd quarter. Our down field coverage was that good. Against headless chicken style running QB's who buy time with their feet, great man coverage down the field is what I think really causes them problems. And if we make it to the Superbowl next year, these are most likely the style of QB we will be facing again.

• Advertisement

Will Ayers get a deal?

I didnt notice the Akim Ayers deal with St Louis until now, seemed to have got hidden within all the other moves. 2 year $6m deal. Not a huge loss, but still, a noticeable one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement