Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

There's only one player left now from the previous super bowl wins on the team...man I feel old....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

empacher wrote: »
    I can clear up the mystery for all, was reading the thread in work and didn't lock my phone.

Sorry for any hoping for something fantastic.

That's a relief, cos I felt like a complete thicko when I read the other post.

Still hard to digest that Vince is gone and not coming back.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

10407171_10153163097767372_1999827756033341290_n.jpg?oh=9c8fda4eea96263a969725c7981a2d41&oe=55726FBB

Travaris Cadet RB signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cadet was pretty exciting as a 3rd down back while Pierre Thomas was out. He could be very good and as a cheap pickup it's a very good move imo.

• Advertisement

Bradley Fletcher one half of the Eagles toast brothers has signed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

paulie21 wrote: »

It was him that got absolutely destroyed by Dez late on in the season wasnt it? Didnt look to me (from limited viewing of him) that he is up to much to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

"Sweet, the CB position is sorted, now we can move onto other needs in the draft" - Nobody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pats get the a 3rd rounder comp pick and a 7th for losing Talib, Blount and Spikes and only signing Browner and La Fell last off season.

Funny how it works out, that we lose Talib and we sign Revis but that signing doesnt count as Revis was released by Tampa and then we lose Blount and emm well we resign him.

Pats now have 5 picks in the first 101 picks in the draft and 4 more later round picks, totaling 9...possibly throw in a 10th from the Jets for tampering too. Yes losing Revis is big, even if it was inevitable but that's a lot of currency for the reigning Super Bowl champions who are one of the youngest rosters in the NFL to "rebuild" with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

And I'm expecting Bill will probably move down the draft and pick up extra picks. So I'll be surprised if he doesn't trade away our first rounder.

• Advertisement

Andy Hart from PFW reported on that last month and now the NFL are trying to credit Rapoport with it :rolleyes:. They really are a bunch of saps.

And speaking of Hightower, there's absolutely no need to be rushing him back. Give him all the time he needs and then some. He had a fantastic season last year and he's really become a defensive foundation for us. Stopping Lynch with that banjaxed shoulder was just something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Especially with mayo back. id prefer a pro bowl lb group for the playoffs then week 1

Nice to see the GOAT was playing it safe during his holidays :eek:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

At least it was a perfect entry though, do that wrong and you got problems. I'm guessing Bob sent out a private jet with a free straitjacket included after that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Nice to see the GOAT was playing it safe during his holidays :eek:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

At least it was a perfect entry though, do that wrong and you got problems. I'm guessing Bob sent out a private jet with a free straitjacket included after that.:)

From the above to playing a pickup game with dare I say it the GOAT in basketball

CBN-nWSWcAAgl8h.jpg?ebb40e

It certainly is good to be the king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Well that explains that one...
    Former Patriots defensive lineman Armond Armstead retired due to a medical ailment that had been undisclosed until recently.

As it turned out, Armstead suffered a heart attack before retiring in 2014, according to a recent report from the Sacramento Bee (hat tip to the Providence Journal for alerting the New England media to the report). Armstead is suing USC for giving him painkillers that he alleges caused his first heart attack in March 2011, and the trial will begin April 6. The Bee cited court documents in its report.

It was also revealed Armstead's contract with the Patriots, which was signed in 2013, required him to surgically repair a hole in his heart before he could play. Armstead debuted during offseason workouts but missed the 2013 season due to an infection.

The Patriots cited a medical issue when Armstead retired last July, but Armstead, his family, his agency and the team wouldn't elaborate on that reason. The court documents in anticipation of next month's trial in Los Angeles have uncovered that mystery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Blount suspended for game week 1..

Blount suspended for game week 1..

Clown he is.

And Ridley signs with the Jets. Not surprised to see him gone tbh. Hopefully now he'll make a full recover from his injury and average -15 yards a carry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

And Ridley signs with the Jets. Not surprised to see him gone tbh. Hopefully now he'll make a full recover from his injury and average -15 yards a carry.
    No surprise that he's not resigned.
    It's a one year deal from the Jets, so we clearly had no serious intention of keeping him.
    With Blount and Gray there, it's a 3rd down back we need (unless they have some confidence in White).

I had always said that I was sure Ridley would come back, so I'm surprised at this.

I can't help but feel some disappointment that both Vereen and Ridley are gone. I never thought we'd let both go, particularly Vereen. I think an extra half million per year could have kept him here and when you look at how much we're over paying the likes of Cannon (who was a disaster last year). Then I think it's a false economy letting the likes of Vereen leave and keeping Cannon.

Pre Season schedule:

Week 1 v Packers
    Week 2 @ Saints
    Week 3 @ Panthers
    Week 4 v Giants

Pre Season schedule:

Week 1 v Packers
    Week 2 @ Saints
    Week 3 @ Panthers
    Week 4 v Giants

No confirmations yet, on whether we will do the usual couple of joint training sessions with some teams prior to the preseason game. A lot of love & respect between Bill, Mike and Sean. So I'd be surprised if we don't work out something with the Packers & Saints.

I get why we got rid of Vereen and Ridley but it saddens me we lost both especially Ridley to the Jets especially if he gets back that old form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

So I'm sure most here are aware of the trial result for he who will not be named in this thread....

My question is, what effect does a guilty verdict have on our salary cap hit?

• Advertisement

BizzyC wrote: »
    So I'm sure most here are aware of the trial result for he who will not be named in this thread....

My question is, what effect does a guilty verdict have on our salary cap hit?

This verdict has no impact at all as the murder happened after he signed the contract.

It's the previous 2 murders that, if he's convicted, could get us back 15 million or so in cap space. They were both before he signed his contract with us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement