Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is he on trial for those murders currently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Is he on trial for those murders currently?

No doubt scumbag will appeal to today's verdict, so the other trial can't commence until that process is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Epic Parody and did JE11 just call #12 his sister?

JCTO wrote: »
    Epic Parody and did JE11 just call #12 his sister?

I don't think that was intended, because near the end it looked like Brady was making the Han Solo comment and Minitron responded with the Chewbacca sound.:D

• Advertisement

Looks like it's Steelers on opening night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

paulie21 wrote: »
    Looks like it's Steelers on opening night

Sweet, no Le'veon Bell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Schedule is out

346203.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I have three major issues with that schedule....

1. Abbreviation of September as "SET"
    2. Abbreviation of October as "OUT"
    3. Abbreviation of December as "DEZ"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The unfortuante parts of the schedule for me are:
    • Short week to face the Broncos
    • Earliest possible bye week
    • Last 2 games of the season away from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭PIORUN

Hazys wrote: »
    The unfortuante parts of the schedule for me are:
    • Short week to face the Broncos
    • Earliest possible bye week
    • Last 2 games of the season away from home.
    bye weeks than early are ridiculous. Can't see why they can't delay them until almost mid season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bills to Broncos in 6 days, ouch

Glad to see that Mayo has restructured and it should add another $3.18 million in cap space. He's missed 25 games in 2 years due to injury and he's a homer, so it's no surprise to see that he was flexible. Hopefully now he can put his run of bad injuries behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,927 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'll be at the season opener. First time ever in Gillette(was in the old Foxboro stadium many times) and also first TNF game for me. Really looking forward to it now. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'll be at the season opener. First time ever in Gillette(was in the old Foxboro stadium many times) and also first TNF game for me. Really looking forward to it now. :D

I might be there myself have the 2 days booked off in work and just waiting on confirmation of the my tickets. Let me know if you fancy meeting up.

And I still haven't had a chance to get over to our 'new' stadium :(. Delighted for you though.......

59DAbd.gif

JCTO wrote: »
    I might be there myself have the 2 days booked off in work and just waiting on confirmation of the my tickets. Let me know if you fancy meeting up.
    Absolutely, I don't know if we'll get to meet at the game but I'm there for three weeks. Planning to get to a Minutemen game too and a BC game. Deffo arrange to meet up at some stage.

And I still haven't had a chance to get over to our 'new' stadium :(. Delighted for you though.......

Thanks for that.

You just got to bite the bullet and spend the cash on the flight and ticket and there will be no stopping you. Worry about the accommodation and transport afterwards.

You just got to bite the bullet and spend the cash on the flight and ticket and there will be no stopping you. Worry about the accommodation and transport afterwards.

I really thought I'd make it over last year but it wasn't to be :(. The way things are for me on multiple fronts atm, I can't see me getting over until 2017/18 at the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Tom F**king Brady.

• Advertisement

No surprise to see that we have now exercised the 5th year option on both Hightower & Jones.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/04/reports_patriots_pick_up_5th-year_option_for_chand.html

Wow can't believe Malcolm Brown was there at 32

I'd imagine it's the reason we didn't trade out.
    Couldn't turn that opportunity down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Absolute steal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

so much first round talent fell to the second round as well. hopefully we get another steal. Eddie Goldman, Jalen Strong, DBG. Landon Collins etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

So Malcolm Brown.....

I'm actually happy enough with that choice, seems like decent value for the bottom of the first.

I'd imagine it's the reason we didn't trade out.

Bill intimated as much when interviewed afterwards. It looked like we never expected him to be still available at 32. I've even read a report that he could have gone at No. 7 to the Bears. So it's fantastic to get a top defensive player who fills such a big need for us, so late in the 1st round. I'm excited to see what a fully fit & ready to go Brown and Easley could bring to our defense in September. Matt Patricia must be a very happy man right now.
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/malcom-brown?id=2552483

when asked if he had a message for Patriots fans, Brown revealed that his goals may be a bit higher than simply being Wilfork’s replacement. “You’re about to get the best player you’ve ever drafted,” he said. “Just be ready for when I touch the field.”
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/04/30/patriots-stick-select-malcom-brown-with-first-round-pick/9LdnFtAI6kqqidtBkVpBlL/story.html

In his excitement he obviously forgot about TB12, but I love his message to the fans and his confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I guess what i was seeing on twitter was true the Pats were trying to trade out of 32 but then the Colts picked.

Pats definitely thought he wouldn't be there at 32 with Colts picking at 30, especially since we ran for like 5,000 yards on them in two games last year.

DT is a gaping hole for them but instead of drafting a 320lb DT...they draft a 180lb WR when they already have Hilton and Johnson...mind blown

I can't wait to run for another 5,000 yards on them this season...clowns

Patriots.com just released a war room video of BB's reaction to the Colts' pick:

Pats definetly thought he wouldn't be there at 32 with Colts picking at 30, especially since we ran for like 5,000 yards on them in the AFC Championship.
    That was my immediate though when they drafted a WR, and then we pick up a 3-down starting DT.
    Still think we look below par in the secondary, but the front 7 are looking good/promising.

• Advertisement

I guess what i was seeing on twitter was true the Pats were trying to trade out of 32 but then the Colts picked.

And then when we picked Brown, Colts fan sites went into meltdown. Some good reading in the link below :D.....

http://forums.colts.com/topic/38051-and-ne-takes-the-big-stud-dt/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement