Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

JCTO wrote: »
    If you read PFW OTA updates there was concern with Jimmy's two minute drills. For the most part in the 7v7 and other walkthroughs he looked good but under pressure in the 2 minute drill he was struggling at times. PFW weren't the only reporting on the issue. And with Bill and co you know how much pride in how we run 2min drill and hurry up offenses. I wouldn't say it is a major concern but signing Flynn will hopefully get Jimmy on par by giving him a healthy kick up the ass. After all we need him firing on all cylinders if he is going to replace Brady.

I was listening to the PFW podcast and Paul & Andy ect were ripping the piss outta the ESPN trolls and how the really tried to milk Jimmy throwing a few Ints. I haven't read the PFW updates but on the podcast they weren't making a big deal out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Vandango wrote: »
    Anybody making a big deal out any QB throwing a few Int's at the end of an OTA practice, is probably just overreacting a tad.

True and in fact last year, Jimmy wasn't particularly impressive during OTA's or during camp. Then he steps onto the field during preseason and impressed. He looked calm, assured and in command of the huddle. So much so, he blew Mallett off the roster. Because he showed more promise and ability than Mallett had in 3 years. I hope the GOAT doesn't miss any games, but if he does, come September I believe Jimmy G will be ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,928 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

True and in fact last year, Jimmy wasn't particularly impressive during OTA's or during camp. Then he steps onto the field during preseason and impressed. He looked calm, assured and in command of the huddle. So much so, he blew Mallett off the roster. Because he showed more promise and ability than Mallett had in 3 years. I hope the GOAT doesn't miss any games, but if he does, come September I believe Jimmy G will be ready.
    Well he does have a 101.2 QB rating for his time on the field in the regular season so you'd gotta have hope for him at the very least.

If he is playing though I'll be gutted because Brady shouldn't be missing any games.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If he is playing though I'll be gutted because Brady shouldn't be missing any games.

I think we all would feel that way. But I have a feeling he mightn't miss any games. Because unlike our owner, Brady's a fighter and if the ban isn't overturned, he could take it outside the NFL and get an injunction. If that happened, the regular season could be well over before everything is resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

I was listening to the PFW podcast and Paul & Andy ect were ripping the piss outta the ESPN trolls and how the really tried to milk Jimmy throwing a few Ints. I haven't read the PFW updates but on the podcast they weren't making a big deal out of it.

Where did I say they were making a big deal out of it? Where you got that from this:
    There has been mixed opinions of how Jimmy is performing in the OTAs so far also.

Is beyond me. I never mentioned the severity of it at all. Even my when I responded:
    pressure in the 2 minute drill he was struggling at times. PFW weren't the only reporting on the issue. And with Bill and co you know how much pride in how we run 2min drill and hurry up offenses. I wouldn't say it is a major concern but signing Flynn will hopefully get Jimmy on par by giving him a healthy kick up the ass. After all we need him firing on all cylinders if he is going to replace Brady.

I am starting to think people in here are starting to read into things in posts that were never posted in the first place.

• Advertisement

I also never mentioned ESPN.

We as Pats fans need to get real. Jimmy is still an untested inexperienced QB. We have not seen him control a Regular season game start to finish. Like every Pats fan I hope he is ready and from what he has shown us he has potential to be ready and I do like him a lot and think he could be our long term replacement

But I am not about to go 100% in and say ah sure he is grand we will be alright. He could go out there and and rock the place and win some or all of the games or he could go out there and tank. We don't know if he is truly ready and we would be fools to go all in and say he is right now. We will know on opening day if he is truly ready to go.

Where did I say they were making a big deal out of it? Where you got that from this:

Where did I say you did? I said I heard the podcast, I said they were ripping the piss out of ESPN who were making a big deal of the issue and I said I didn't read the PFW OTA reports.
    I am starting to think people in here are starting to read into things in posts that were never posted in the first place.

Well that's a bit ironic, because you just misinterpreted me.
    I also never mentioned ESPN.

We as Pats fans need to get real. Jimmy is still an untested inexperienced QB. We have not seen him control a Regular season game start to finish. Like every Pats fan I hope he is ready and from what he has shown us he has potential to be ready and I do like him a lot and think he could be our long term replacement

But I am not about to go 100% in and say ah sure he is grand we will be alright. He could go out there and and rock the place and win some or all of the games or he could go out there and tank. We don't know if he is truly ready and we would be fools to go all in and say he is right now. We will know on opening day if he is truly ready to go.

We don't know how it will fare out but signs so far look good. As someone already said, he wasn't great during last seasons OTA's & camp, observers were saying he's only a rookie and it will take him time to absorb the Pats offense and transition from college.

Then the preseason started and he got everyone's attention. He looked far better in a couple of games, than Mallett or Hoyer ever did during their time with the Pats. No he hasn't started a game, but when given some limited opportunities during the regular season, he looked good.

I think most of us feel we've found Brady's successor, we won't know how he'll fare if he has to start the season. But going on the flashes I've seen, I think he'll do well. He's a very smart hardworking kid and I think he'll be well prepared when September is here.

Where did I say you did? I said I heard the podcast, I said they were ripping the piss out of ESPN who were making a big deal of the issue and I said I didn't read the PFW OTA reports.

You quote me twice for absolutely no reason and it looked liked you were responding to me with those posts. Especially the over reaction comments and big deal comments when they had nothing to do what I wrote. That is how I saw it. If I am wrong so be it.
    Well that's a bit ironic, because you just misinterpreted me.

Sure ok
    We don't know how it will fare out but signs so far look good. As someone already said, he wasn't great during last seasons OTA's & camp, observers were saying he's only a rookie and it will take him time to absorb the Pats offense and transition from college.

As we all know yup.
    Then the preseason started and he got everyone's attention. He looked far better in a couple of games, than Mallett or Hoyer ever did during their time with the Pats. No he hasn't started a game, but when given some limited opportunities during the regular season, he looked good.

He did look good but pre-season games are not a true measure and until he starts a regular season game we need to air on the side of caution rather than throw all our eggs in the basket.
    I think most of us feel we've found Brady's successor, we won't know how he'll fare if he has to start the season. But going on the flashes I've seen, I think he'll do well. He's a very smart hardworking kid and I think he'll be well prepared when September is here.

I believe the same thing and like Jimmy but as I said he has yet to prove to us he is ready. We can talk about garbage time or pre-season games all day long but until he starts we have no true measure.

It is funny though you mentioned OTAs and Interceptions not being a true measure for a QB but in the same boat you could say the same about anything they do in OTAs good or bad.

No one denies Jimmy has potential and we all hope he works out based on what he has showed us. But until the Steelers game I wont take anything he does in Camp or pre-season as a true measure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

10991431_10153415202302372_4045093185948961819_n.jpg?oh=b40f0f9c6b6b1c75bd394a99128bf366&oe=55EDE74D

Rings been presented tonight. Tom hasn't knocked out Kraft yet so alls going well :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm hoping that's kraft daughter and not his wife!

• Advertisement

I'm hoping that's kraft daughter and not his wife!

Its his Girlfriend Ricki Noel Lander

Ricki-Noel-Lander-Robert-Kraft-girlfriend-pics.jpg

The G.O.A.T.

4EphLV.jpg

7AMubU.jpg

Nink sends a message to the haters....

6vYXhe.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Nink shaved!? :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

money does buy happiness @JCTO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Man, when you see the 4 rings on Tom's hand, and the 6 rings on Bills; what a coaching/QB legacy.
    In an era that is designed to prevent dominance, those two guys are just incredible.

Man, when you see the 4 rings on Tom's hand, and the 6 rings on Bills; what a coaching/QB legacy.
    In an era that is designed to prevent dominance, those two guys are just incredible.

Incredible and unequalled.:cool:

Btw Corvus, loving your new avatar.

Nink shaved!? :(

He seriously needs to get his man-beard back.

Btw Corvus, loving your new avatar.

Send me a generously filled brown envelope and I will also make a custom avatar for you.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Posted on Brady's Facebook page...

7LBmyq.jpg

• Advertisement

Easy be that nice when your millionaire Brazilian supermodel wife is holding your hand :(

Nobody could be happy, like a baby with his bottle

gronkkkas.png?a3e7be

My pointless collection grew considerably larger today.

qI8aBRbl.jpg

These were very hard (and expensive :o) to get as a complete set. A fool and their money etc.

My pointless collection grew considerably larger today.

qI8aBRbl.jpg

These were very hard (and expensive :o) to get as a complete set. A fool and their money etc.

I thank you also for making me in fact forcing me to start my collection. Damn you anyways like I need to be dropping money on these things :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,424 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Are Pats fans getting sick of the Gronk shtick yet? Seems like he is really cashing in on his image recently.

A little, he's not that funny at all, at least not intentionally but he appears to be pretty genuine in everything he does so its hard to hate him.

Somebody who is starting to rub me the wrong way is JJ Watt. Everything he seems to do lately is just in the hope it will go viral. I've a feeling he'll be insufferable on Hard Knocks.

Hazys wrote: »
    Somebody who is starting to rub me the wrong way is JJ Watt. Everything he seems to do lately is just in the hope it will go viral. I've a feeling he'll be insufferable on Hard Knocks.

I love the time he said he was gonna spend the offseason in the woods, training hard, alone, in a log cabin.

And then Corvus post pictures of his luxurios + 4,000 square foot luxury log cabin, with a garage the size of a small factory. And all a two minute drive from civilisation.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

D9Male wrote: »
    Are Pats fans getting sick of the Gronk shtick yet? Seems like he is really cashing in on his image recently.

Yep, I've grown tired of it at this stage.

It was fine for a while because it was fun to see someone unashamedly enjoying their fame and wealth in a goofy kind of way as if to suggest they didn't know what to do with themselves.

But now it just feels like he's trying to act out a caricature of himself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement