Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

eagle eye wrote: »
    I won't be booing Kraft in Gillette after reading that statement.
    Those words from Mr.Kraft were just what a lot of us angry fans needed to hear. Very classy for him to apologise to us fans and to Brady himself. It's now abundantly clear to me that Bob loves & respects Brady so much, he was willing to take an unjust punishment if it meant the NFL would do the right thing for Brady. So I really appreciate those words from Mr. Kraft earlier and he has won back my respect completely.:) #GoPats #GoBob

we would have literally saved hours of debates and going to and fro if ye pair had to have seen it our way months ago! :p:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Krafts words ring hollow with me. My opinion at the time hasn't changed. Even thinking that it would help Tom wasn't a good idea. If he felt his team and QB were innocent, then you fight it.

And again, this is 'his' commissioner. He backed him during the Ray Rice issue when there was serious calls for Goodells head, and then saw Rodger lead this hunt against the Pats. And having conceded the fight a few weeks ago, he's now surprised by Goodell? I kinda expected the ban to be upheld as I felt Goodell was on a charge and wasn't going to change his mind no matter what.

I'm not forgetting what Kraft has done for the organisation. I never will. But his backing of Goodell and the other 31 owners, instead of his own team/QB/fans was poor judgement to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bruschi wrote: »
    we would have literally saved hours of debates and going to and fro if ye pair had to have seen it our way months ago! :p:pac::D

But I still don't see it your way. I'm still annoyed that kraft did the u turn and that he was naive enough to think Goodell had any shred of decency. Wanting to leave the lawyers outside the room and resolve things honourably was only wishful thinking. His words last May came across as siding with the billionaires club. Some fans thought he had a secret deal and backed him, my instincts told me Goodell would shaft him and he did.

But Kraft's statement today showed me something different and I liked what I saw. I've also no doubt he felt he owed us píssed off fans an apology for what he did last May and it was big of him to do it. His apology to Tom was also telling, he knows he left Tom to fight it alone when he backed down last May. So it was only right he publicly apologised.

I'm pleased with that and some of the strong stuff he said about the league. And if can resurrect any case on his part against the league, then I want him to do so. He knows he fúcked up and I can put that behind me. But let him now stick 100% with his fans and with the team. I now want him to play his part in destroying Goodell and humiliating the league for their corrupt bullshít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Swings and roundabouts really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

But I still don't see it your way. I'm still annoyed that kraft did the u turn and that he was naive enough to think Goodell had any shred of decency. Wanting to leave the lawyers outside the room and resolve things honourably was only wishful thinking. His words last May came across as siding with the billionaires club. Some fans thought he had a secret deal and backed him, my instincts told me Goodell would shaft him and he did.

But Kraft's statement today showed me something different and I liked what I saw. I've also no doubt he felt he owed us píssed off fans an apology for what he did last May and it was big of him to do it. His apology to Tom was also telling, he knows he left Tom to fight it alone when he backed down last May. So it was only right he publicly apologised.

I'm pleased with that and some of the strong stuff he said about the league. And if can resurrect any case on his part against the league, then I want him to do so. He knows he fúcked up and I can put that behind me. But let him now stick 100% with his fans and with the team. I now want him to play his part in destroying Goodell and humiliating the league for their corrupt bullshít.

I feel the same way. I am very pleased with what Kraft did, but I still can't believe he did what he did back in May. Some seemed me to think that there was a hidden deal, that we were overreacting. But Goodells two fingers to kraft yesterday proved us angry skeptics were right. There was no deal and Kraft realised how much he screwed up by backing down. I'll take him on his word that it was all for Brady and not his business buddies and I'll also take his apology. Now let him get back to the fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Realalemadrid

Tough situation now for Brady. The point being missed in all this now is; If the ban is upheld and the Patriots lose 3 or 4 of the opening 4 games then Brady's chances of winning another ring takes a serious hit.
    However if he misses the first 4 games and Garuppolo wins 3 or 4 of the games, there is a good chance he won't get back in the team!

Or maybe I'm going nuts*.

*Probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tough situation now for Brady. The point being missed in all this now is; If the ban is upheld and the Patriots lose 3 or 4 of the opening 4 games then Brady's chances of winning another ring takes a serious hit.
    However if he misses the first 4 games and Garuppolo wins 3 or 4 of the games, there is a good chance he won't get back in the team!

*Probably

Should Garoppolo win week 1, you can be sure that the Bledsoe-Brady succession narrative will be done to death until Brady returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

*Probably

Garoppolo could go 4-0 throwing 12 TD's and 0 INT's and Brady is rightly still walking back into the team to be fair.

*Probably

Brady will walk right back into the team. Unlike the Bledsoe Brady debate back in the day Brady has been to 6 Superbowls and won 4 of them and is a shoe in HOF. Bledsoe's career doesn't compare to Brady's now so even if Jimmy Blows it up Brady will be starting when he is back.

*Probably

Yes I think you are going nuts.

As the lads have said, it won't even be a question. Never mind it being Brady, but just look back at his recent form. He's just coming off the greatest Superbowl performance by a QB ever. And all done against one of the greatest NFL defenses ever. With the way things have gone this offseason and knowing what Brady is like when he's fired up. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up having to look past Jimmy G for Brady's eventual replacement. I don't think that will happen, but with Brady you can't rule anything out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Should Garoppolo win week 1, you can be sure that the Bledsoe-Brady succession narrative will be done to death until Brady returns.

Just to clarify, I'm saying NFL Network et al. will go to town with the narrative not I'm predicting that it will happen

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I'm saying NFL Network et al. will go to town with the narrative not I'm predicting that it will happen

ESPN will probably spin it into a TMZ style story like they seem to be doing lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Good article here in the Washington Post that cuts to heart of the deliberate efforts by the NFL to obstruct the whole investigation and appeal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/the-nfls-basic-due-process-is-the-real-issue-in-the-deflategate-controversy/2015/07/30/ebda3b02-3666-11e5-9d0f-7865a67390ee_story.html

paulie21 wrote: »

We better post it to Harbaugh, so he won't have to whinge about being outfoxed by a perfectly legitimate play again. Roger dodger can then go and have the play banned for him.

On the first day of camp, Brady shows the WR's how it's done with a sweet one handed catch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

On the first day of camp, Brady shows the WR's how it's done with a sweet one handed catch....

Must have been stickum that Brady used :P

Must have been stickum that Brady used :P

Rice spotted in Boston last weekend, probably sent a batch over to Tom.:pac:

Blount reportedly failed his conditioning test the other day...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505018/article/legarrette-blount-reportedly-fails-conditioning-test

For me, it's pretty much unacceptable to see a RB failing the conditioning test. The lead back spot is up for grabs in camp, so it doesn't send out a good message to Bill at all. Maybe Grey will take advantage of this and get back in Bill's good books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Butler seemingly having a brilliant camp. Bill said he has been impressed with what Dobson has done in the off season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Blount reportedly failed his conditioning test the other day...

The test he failed was to run twenty 50m sprints, each in under 8 seconds. He only managed 12.

As a moderately fit person, that's not a huge ask, as a professional athlete :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Check out @AroundTheNFL's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/628700299079872512?s=09

Transcript of brady appeal. Happy insomnia....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I've read through the transcript up to Lunch, Goodell is clueless, completely loses track of the question trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Right I've literally read the first two pages and I see that troy Vincent is listed as NFLPA witness. But didn't he hand down the punishment to Tom Brady ? Maybe this is normal but how can he not have a conflict of interest ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Having read most of the report I'd be stunned if ye don't have Brady under centre Week 1.

Goodell really is a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've read just Jeffrey Kesslers opening remarks and all I kept saying was "that's a interesting point."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I'm in Boston for the next 9 days. Is it possible to go to a Patriots training session? If so, how much would it cost? I'm based 10 minutes outside the city. Thanks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Irish94 wrote: »
    I'm in Boston for the next 9 days. Is it possible to go to a Patriots training session? If so, how much would it cost? I'm based 10 minutes outside the city. Thanks.

http://www.patriots.com/trainingcamp

that should answer all your questions. Enjoy, would love to be there!

There is some rate of attrition going on in camp atm. I think there were 24 or 25 players not participating yesterday due to knocks and injuries. The WR corp has been particularly decimated. I can't remember seeing such a high level of players banged up. They had a shorter offseason than everyone else so hopefully they'll get the right rehab, to make sure a slight niggle doesn't into a couple of months out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Matt Flynn released. Ryan Lindley signed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement