Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Vandango wrote: »
    That year Brady showed us why he is so unique. No other QB in the league would have ended up in an AFC title game, with the nightmare loss of targets he had in 2013.

For me, that season was MVP worthy. Not because of his overall numbers, but his ability to succeed with the tools he had and raise them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Looking at Dion Lewis from a fantasy perspective, is he likely to be your starting RB this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

No. Bolden will get the snaps this week while Blount is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone see America's Game yet? Thought it was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

BizzyC wrote: »
    No. Bolden will get the snaps this week while Blount is out.

Thanks. To be honest, I think either would be a risk. Pats RBs are very hard to trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

paulie21 wrote: »
    Anyone see America's Game yet? Thought it was very good

No, where did you watch it? It's not on Gamepass or torrent yet......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

infacteh wrote: »
    No, where did you watch it? It's not on Gamepass or torrent yet......

NFL Network website. It's in six 7-11 mins parts though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Chatter in the wacky thread has been banned about the articles but one question I have which is driving me insane. So many keep saying the articles did actually name sources but I am failing to see where someone was mentioned by name. things like "Packers staffer" or "Bills insider" etc etc pop up but do you guys see actually legit sources in there or am I the only one missing where names were used?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

JCTO wrote: »
    Chatter in the wacky thread has been banned about the articles but one question I have which is driving me insane. So many keep saying the articles did actually name sources but I am failing to see where someone was mentioned by name. things like "Packers staffer" or "Bills insider" etc etc pop up but do you guys see actually legit sources in there or am I the only one missing where names were used?

I didnt see any names at all. It was all sources, or a close insider. The only time they named names was for the likes of Hines Ward or Mike Martz etc, ones who already have been publicly quoted. There was no new substantial information at all that I read.

I didnt mind the SI one so much, at least it had some sort of substance and reporting about it, but the ESPN one was horrifically poor. Really bad tabloid-exc stuff that really spoke about absolutely nothing. The only thing is, it doesnt seem to be gathering much talk, as I think everyone is utterly fed up with all this crap. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but in comparison to deflategate stuff, this has had little talk in the media.

bruschi wrote: »
    I didnt see any names at all. It was all sources, or a close insider. The only time they named names was for the likes of Hines Ward or Mike Martz etc, ones who already have been publicly quoted. There was no new substantial information at all that I read.

I didnt mind the SI one so much, at least it had some sort of substance and reporting about it, but the ESPN one was horrifically poor. Really bad tabloid-exc stuff that really spoke about absolutely nothing. The only thing is, it doesnt seem to be gathering much talk, as I think everyone is utterly fed up with all this crap. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but in comparison to deflategate stuff, this has had little talk in the media.

I agree with the ESPN article was nothing more than cringe worthy and SI article definitely much better. ah sure at this point as Bill has been saying on to Pittsburg.

• Advertisement

First TD tomorrow we will see more of this hopefully:

Fook sake Stork put on short term IR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

wasnt it a concussion he was originally out with? must be be pretty serious to have him on short term IR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

phatkev wrote: »
    wasnt it a concussion he was originally out with? must be be pretty serious to have him on short term IR

It is very worrying. Stork was believed to be coming back from a concussion when he got another one in practice. I'm concerned for his long term future and health after seeing this IR move. If the guy can't through camp without concussions, it doesn't bode well for him getting through an NFL season. Bloody typical to, he's a great kid, very talented and was a complete steal in the draft. I just hope he can sort out these concussion issues.

JE11 comes out with some amazing stuff:

Jonas Gray is now on the fins practice squad didn't see that news yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

^ ^ ^

I can't hear any audio on that clip.:(

I don't know if any of ye watched Do Your Job last night. But wow, what an excellent piece of work by NFL Films. They really do put out top quality stuff. I had goosebumps a couple of times relieving the SB and the segment on Bill making his no timeout call at the end was brilliant. You could really sense him studying the opposite sideline and feel him calling on the kind of pure gut instincts & wisdom, that a lifetime in the game has given him. NFL Films should take a bow for doing a magnificent job.

^ ^ ^

I can't hear any audio on that clip.:(
    It's working for me.

• Advertisement

It's working for me.

Got it sorted. The problem is on my end. I can't hear anything when I play that in Chrome. But it plays perfectly in Firefox.:)

Has the new America's Game about the 2014 Pats come out yet? I checked every where on the Gamepass programme guide and I can't see anything.

I don't know if any of ye watched Do Your Job last night. But wow, what an excellent piece of work by NFL Films. They really do put out top quality stuff. I had goosebumps a couple of times relieving the SB and the segment on Bill making his no timeout call at the end was brilliant. You could really sense him studying the opposite sideline and feel him calling on the kind of pure gut instincts & wisdom, that a lifetime in the game has given him. NFL Films should take a bow for doing a magnificent job.
    "Will the Quarterback position be evaluated this week".
    Bills reaction is just priceless. It's a case of "you dumb f@*k, I'm not even gonna respond to an idiot like you".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Has the new America's Game about the 2014 Pats come out yet? I checked every where on the Gamepass programme guide and I can't see anything.

You can watch it in clip format on NFL.com, but it's hard to figure out what order to watch them in. That's how I watched Do Your Job too

"Will the Quarterback position be evaluated this week".
    Bills reaction is just priceless. It's a case of "you dumb f@*k, I'm not even gonna respond to an idiot like you".

Great stuff from Bill and the subtle wee smirk on his face after he said that was priceless.:D

infacteh wrote: »
    You can watch it in clip format on NFL.com, but it's hard to figure out what order to watch them in. That's how I watched Do Your Job too

Ah feck, I was hoping to watch it in one sitting.

Love this one: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-americas-game/0ap3000000524466/America-s-Game-Patriots-playoff-journey

They show the college football clip of the illegible receiver move from Nov 8th.
    Reporter: "Have you ever seen that before?"
    Harbaugh: "No. Nobody has ever seen that before."

The build up to opening night earlier this week...

Reporter: "Coach, are you glad to have Brady back?"

Bill: "He never went away."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Do Your Job: https://vimeo.com/138839749
    Password = pinkstripes

America's Game: https://vimeo.com/138813878
    Password: captainamerica

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Ah feck, I was hoping to watch it in one sitting.

you can watch them on NFL network if you have gamepass, just look at the schedule, and then go to the time log on the live NFL network channel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement