Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,928 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Had beautiful weather here since we arrived last Friday, 97 F/36 C yesterday was the hottest I think.

This morning I woke up to wet roads and it's been raining all day. Temperatures have dropped but it's still warm, could turn into a tough game for the players with a slippery ball if the weather continues as is. Got tickets at the front of the upper stand in the middle which shouldn't be too bad.

There is a luckbox who we all know who sold his tickets and was intending not to go but suddenly he is going and has box seats instead I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

eagle eye wrote: »
    Had beautiful weather here since we arrived last Friday, 97 F/36 C yesterday was the hottest I think.

This morning I woke up to wet roads and it's been raining all day. Temperatures have dropped but it's still warm, could turn into a tough game for the players with a slippery ball if the weather continues as is. Got tickets at the front of the upper stand in the middle which shouldn't be too bad.

There is a luckbox who we all know who sold his tickets and was intending not to go but suddenly he is going and has box seats instead I believe.

The one day the weather decides to change :)

That luckbox would be me but sadly I had to give up those free tickets also as I am leaving the office now to hit Northern MA and there is a chance I wont make it down by kick off so I didn't want the ticket go to waste with me scrambling to get there. Doesn't look good in the corporate world. This opening game for me was not meant to be :( I do love my new promotion though and the boss liked my sacrifice for the team. That is something right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

El Pres detailing his confrontation with Sal Pal today:

https://embed.radio.com/clip/59541179/?ref_url=http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/zolak-bertrand/&ads_ga_page_tracker=UA-17434257-42&rollup_ga_id=UA-2438645-53&r20id=20629#

Pretty crazy Sal Pal is having a book signing at Foxboro today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

bruschi wrote: »
    you can watch them on NFL network if you have gamepass, just look at the schedule, and then go to the time log on the live NFL network channel

I tried that earlier alright and couldn't find it listed.
    Do Your Job: https://vimeo.com/138839749
    Password = pinkstripes

America's Game: https://vimeo.com/138813878
    Password: captainamerica

With my crap internet it took me three hours to view it, but hey I got to see it so thanks for that JaMarcus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Anyone else think America's Game was a bit disappointing? Felt if was a bit all over the place myself, the structure just felt wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Seemed very rushed compared to other seasons. Maybe just cos it is so fresh, and a lot of things happened that season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/COlRRiTWwAAW_W6.mp4

Don't think I'll ever get tired of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

I miss Revis and Browner, the secondery looks awful.

Have to say our front 7 haven't exactly lit it up either. They started ok but they haven't done sh1t in this second half. Big Ben with 5-6 seconds to find the open man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'll take that for the first game, plenty of work-ons to address but overall decent enough. Certainly better than the pummeling we took last year in Miami.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Watched the game this morning.
    All the positives are on offense, no surprise.
    Brady was Brady. Edelman did a great job, Gronk is just an unstoppable force, and Lewis had an excellent start.
    Happy enough with the OL, was expecting a tougher night.

Defense is going to be the pre-Revis/Browner/Talib defense. We're going to give up big plays, the pass rush isn't going to be good enough (how many 5+ secs did Ben have) to make up for the lack of quality in the secondary. Tough night for Butler, who had a really difficult job on a top receiver (Brown, no point crowing to the crowd when you're leaving with a L) but was at least close enough where he could have make some plays. Was more disappointed in our highly paid safety who didn't really make a play all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Haven't got to watch the game yet, came on here to check reaction from during and after the game and feel the tone is that offensively we were very good, Brady excellent etc but that the D was pretty awful. Went on to nfl.com and they saying it was a great all round performance, look every inch superbowl champions :)

Have to watch it myself later!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I think the Steelers and Mike Tomlin are being a little pathetic to accuse the Patriots of cheating about the headsets, they are obviously forgetting thatthe Jets had the same issue in Heinz Field a few years ago and that the NFL controls the headset communications.

They were also complaining about unwritten rules last night too, which i always think is massively pathetic thing to do and one of the reasons baseball sucks: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/headsets-werent-all-the-steelers-were-complaining-about-post-game/
    In many ways, it’s like their formation games against the Ravens in the playoffs last year, as their knowledge of the rules is apparently greater than their opponents’, giving them an advantage. In short, they know the rule book better than you do, so don’t complain.

I don't think this will be the last time the Patriots will be accused of cheating this season but honestly I think its great for us. The Patriots own so much real estate in opposition Coaches and Player's brains right now it's hilarious. Teams are beaten before they step off the bus as they will spend so much of their energy and focus on worrying about spies, cheating or whether Ernie Adams is hiding in the bushes with binoculars, etc that they are taking their eye off the ball on what really matters. Also if they don't take responsibility for their loses and just blame it on being cheated, they will never improve for the next time we play them.

How many snaps did Easley last for? Two or three?

It was 7 actually. Anyone hear the nature of the injury?

infacteh wrote: »

7 according to Mike Reiss

Hazys wrote: »
    II don't think this will be the last time the Patriots will be accused of cheating this season..

I have watched a fair bit of the NFL Network today and nobody has suggested that about the headset issue. I'm glad it happened though because it brought the issue into the spotlight and showed some of the dummies out there that this happens all the time around the league. Of course the brainless tin foil hat trolls will still see conspiracies everywhere. Yet these idiots don't even realise, that the communication equipment is supplied by the NFL and so any issues that arise is really on them.

Former Ravens coach Brian Billick was interviewed on NFL Network and he said it's a complete non-issue and it happens around the league all the time. He even mentioned that he once picked up a pizza delivery boy on this headset during a game in Baltimore. This is the statement the NFL released on the headset issue..

"In the first quarter of tonight's game, the Pittsburgh coaches experienced interference in their headsets caused by a stadium power infrastructure issue, which was exacerbated by the inclement weather," Signora said. "The coaches' communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues."

Being the NFL though, they failed to mention there that the Pats were also having problem with the headsets they were using. Bill even mentioned the problem during the post game presser and the team was even going to change out Brady's helmet, but then the issue was resolved.

Watched the game this morning.
    All the positives are on offense, no surprise.
    Brady was Brady. Edelman did a great job, Gronk is just an unstoppable force, and Lewis had an excellent start.
    Happy enough with the OL, was expecting a tougher night.

Defense is going to be the pre-Revis/Browner/Talib defense. We're going to give up big plays, the pass rush isn't going to be good enough (how many 5+ secs did Ben have) to make up for the lack of quality in the secondary. Tough night for Butler, who had a really difficult job on a top receiver (Brown, no point crowing to the crowd when you're leaving with a L) but was at least close enough where he could have make some plays. Was more disappointed in our highly paid safety who didn't really make a play all night.

I agree the only positives were on offense. Brady was perfection and Lewis had a very good debut, but the fumble in traffic was a big boo boo. My only issues on offense was the pointlessness in using Bolden in short yardage in the end zone. He's always been ineffectually in that position. We missed a power back like Blount to smash it in. The O line rookies performed well and credit to particular to the rookie centre. Solder remains at concern for me and some of his plays smacks of a lack of concentration at times.

Defensively we were dire the whole night. Our run defense was non-existant and we sure missed the likes of Wilfork in the middle. If Spikes also hadn't of screwed up a few months back, his run stuffing would have been invaluable last night. As you said Munster, last night we look like we're back to the pre-Talib days in the secondary and that's a big worry. McCourty reminded us of how we overpaid for his services and Easley could been heading towards draft bust territory if he doesn't start making a big contribution this season.

But it's early days and adjustments can be made. I expect the O line to face a sterner test against the Bills front and their run game will really test us. But at least their passing game shouldn't stretch us the way the Steelers did last night. Overall it was good to get the win last night against the Steelers and very pleasing to see Brady looking better than ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,146 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is Blount back next week or has he another game to go?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is Blount back next week or has he another game to go?

He only got a one game ban so he's back next week.

So after the media storm the Steelers created, they are not going to file a complaint. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/11/steelers-wont-file-formal-complaint-about-headset-issues/

So basically they realized that they were acting like whiny b1tches after they got beat and now they have decided to shut up.

"Excuses are the tools of the incompetent." - Mike Tomlin, 2011 lol

• Advertisement

Our one Patriots behind enemy lines just turned up to work with his Super Bowl ring...

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/gotta-love-tedy-bruschi-casually-showing-up-at-espn-today-wearing-his-pats-superbowl-ring/

NFL released another brief statement on the headset issue...

"Every team's game day communications personnel are required to work with the NFL communications consultants to ensure wireless equipment is free and clear of interference and address any problems," the league said in a statement. "Technological and stadium infrastructure issues of this type happen at many stadiums around the league and whenever there are issues of this nature, we do a thorough review."
    http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25298180/steelers-choose-not-to-file-complaint-with-nfl-over-headset-issue

The part in bold is the part the haters won't like....:pac:

That secondary is enough to give you nightmares.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

That secondary is enough to give you nightmares.

They were dire alright, but hopefully they'll make the necessary improvements & adjustments in the coming weeks. And if they don't, it'll be all on Brady once again. Crazy to think he was virtually perfect last night and we still could have lost the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,928 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gotta say I enjoyed last night. To see Tom Brady making it look like he had endless time to throw the ball was sensational. Gronk's first td was just so uplifting for the whole crowd.

I couldn't believe that insane decision by the Steelers to have a trick play on the first drive when they were marching down the field ominously. Who the hell comes up with a WR throwing the ball when you are getting down the field so easily?

Love the chant in the third quarter 'Where is Roger'. There was a lot of stuff going on last night, there was raising of the Superbowl flag, the answer to the NFL investigation and the concern over the quality of the team this season.

It was just great to be there for all of that. I have a picture of the field before the game started that I'll put up later. I think you will all like it.

That's what worried me most coming away from it, I think the secondary will improve, but have no faith it will get to a level required in the crunch games.

Fletcher.....

Saw this today and made me chuckle.

frabz-If-You-Spend-More-Time-Hating-The-Patriots-Than-You-Do-Rooting-F-b52b50.jpg

infacteh wrote: »

It was 7 actually. Anyone hear the nature of the injury?

Just spotted this on twitter by Rapoport...

73439_7.jpg

If true, that's a relative minor injury and I'm relieved because it looked worse when he went down. So he could be back for game three or at worst game four. Hopefully he can then stay on the field for the season and start earning his 1st round pick status.

Indeed, I expect big things from Easley this year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

He'll just get injured again. Don't get your hopes up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement