Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

Mistakes are sometimes made, even by Giants among men.

You would know that if you ever took on a patriot army.
    You won your superbowls.

well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I should repost some of the stuff you post on the After Hours thread but I rise above such childish drivel.

Glad I can fill in your life through your endless stalking. But you have a lot to learn about Boards.ie. I view AH like a lot of users here - as a generally lighthearted, non-serious forum. Why don't you check out my last post in the Politics forum and perhaps learn something.

You might even see how I went from being really lighthearted in AH, to being very serious in the politics forum and all in a matter of minutes. Hard to believe really isn't it.

I think the 18,459 thanks I've got on this site so far, must mean I'm not upsetting too many people around here. But all I can say is, thank god you are not a member of any private forums I'm in.

Lads apparently a few users around here have already put this guy on their ignore list. I suggest we all probably do likewise. It'll be the first person I have ever put on the ignore list, but boy it was worth the wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Glad I can fill in your life through your endless stalking. But you have a lot to learn about Boards.ie. I view AH like a lot of users here - as a generally lighthearted, non-serious forum. Why don't you check out my last post in the Politics forum and perhaps learn something.

You might even see how I went from being really lighthearted in AH, to being very serious in the politics forum and all in a matter of minutes. Hard to believe really isn't it.

I think the 18,459 thanks I've got on this site so far, must mean I'm not upsetting too many people around here. But all I can say is, thank god you are not a member of any private forums I'm in.

The Bills comeback from 32 points down is the greatest comeback of all time, the pats would have had to be behind by 33 and win to claim this coveted feat.

PS: Try stay on topic please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Try stay on topic please

:confused:

Meanwhile earlier in the thread....
    I should repost some of the stuff you post on the After Hours thread

:rolleyes:

Clearly raving imo.

• Advertisement

mongoman wrote: »
    :confused:

Meanwhile earlier in the thread....

:rolleyes:

Clearly raving imo.

In debating the one moral issue that surpasses all others is not manipulating arguments in order to improve your debating position. The quote you take is out of context as it was a PS at the end of the post and thus did not provide the basis of the argument. It was in reponse to Corvus whose original post was rambling about another thread and not the issue at hand.

PS: Do you have any observations about the merits of the Pats comeback against the 49ners in comparison to the Bills ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Can we get off this greatest come back topic.

Good win for the Ravens.
    Think we got the luckier side of the draw with Houston. Ravens defense looked good out there. Tough game coming up for Denver.

Can we get off this greatest come back topic.

Good win for the Ravens.
    Think we got the luckier side of the draw with Houston. Ravens defense looked good out there. Tough game coming up for Denver.

Yeah the draw is kind. I mentioned this here at the start of the season that the Texans and the Ravens are not good enough to beat the Pats in playoff football. The mountain air could prove tricky.

Lads apparently a few users around here have already put this guy on their ignore list. I suggest we all probably do likewise. It'll be the first person I have ever put on the ignore list, but boy it was worth the wait.

Haha, Your not the first women to give me the silent treatment!

In debating the one moral issue that surpasses all others is not manipulating arguments in order to improve your debating position.

Debating? You're having a laugh, because you haven't a clue. I read the rubbish you posted in the Giants thread.
    The quote you take is out of context

You mean like most of your stuff then?
    It was in response to Corvus whose original post was rambling about another thread and not the issue at hand.

He asked whether you are still sore from the Giants thread and warned EE that you stalked him in other forums. That's not rambling, but it is worrying and weird behaviour on your behalf.

PS: Do you have any observations about the merits of the Pats comeback against the 49ners in comparison to the Bills ?

I certainly do, if they had of pulled if of, it would have been the greatest comeback in NFL history. And that's coming from a Niners fan. We got a great win, but just about. I have never seen a team who played so bad in the first half, comeback so strong.

• Advertisement

Debating? You're having a laugh, because you haven't a clue. I read the rubbish you posted in the Giants thread.

You mean like most of your stuff then?

He asked whether you are still sore from the Giants thread and warned EE that you stalked him in other forums. That's not rambling, but it is worrying and weird behaviour on your behalf.

I certainly do, if they had of pulled if of, it would have been the greatest comeback in NFL history. And that's coming from a Niners fan. We got a great win, but just about. I have never seen a team who played so bad in the first half, comeback so strong.

The debate has passed. Move on

The debate has passed. Move on

I think you are highly amusing, btw nobody was debating with you sunshine, now get back under that bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

People in glasses shouldnt throw stones.

Because they'll miss?

This thread has me confused...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I had one person on my ignore list that posted in this thread. Now I have three. One quotes the other and then another quotes that guy.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Been a while since I came in here, was looking for some interesting points on the Texans game this weekend, and possibly Welker's future.
    Load of crap instead, now ignored.

Hope I'm wrong but think Welker will be gone this offseason, hopefully Edelman can step up and stay healthy. Also optimistically am listening to rumours about Danny Amendola, who would be perfect replacement for Welker (again assuming he can stay healthy).

Very optimistic about this weekend, think we can contain the run game and would be delighted to put the game in Matt Schaub's hands

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Ok, I know there seems to be some trolling going on... but how can so many posters not see that woodchopper is 100% right? If the Pats had beaten the Niners, it wouldn't have been the greatest comeback of all time. The Bills came back from 33 points down - more than the deficit the Pats faced. Objectively, that's the highest margin.

Plus they did it in the playoffs, which trumps the pressure of the Pats-Niners game for that 'subjective greatness' you can apply to a comeback. Obviously Superbowl comebacks are the top trump, so some of the great bowl victories involve arguably the greatest ever comebacks, although the initial deficit was much smaller.

No matter how you look at it, it wouldn't have been the greatest comeback of all time.

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    Ok, I know there seems to be some trolling going on... but ......

Please let it go, there's no need to keep going over this, even woodchopper is past it.

Let's keep this about the Pats and the weekends game.

Please let it go, there's no need to keep going over this, even woodchopper is past it.

Let's keep this about the Pats and the weekends game.

Ehh... no, let's talk about what I want to talk about. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Been a while since I came in here, was looking for some interesting points on the Texans game this weekend, and possibly Welker's future.
    Load of crap instead, now ignored.

Hope I'm wrong but think Welker will be gone this offseason, hopefully Edelman can step up and stay healthy. Also optimistically am listening to rumours about Danny Amendola, who would be perfect replacement for Welker (again assuming he can stay healthy).

Very optimistic about this weekend, think we can contain the run game and would be delighted to put the game in Matt Schaub's hands

hadnt heard about Amendola. Assuming its the McDaniels links again. I am more optimistic of Welker staying than I was this time last year. there were doubts about his productivity and worth to the side, but yet again he has shown he is a more than valuable cog in the offence, and I think they need to retain him, if they can work to a reasonable agreement on both sides. I dont think Welker would be nearly as effective elsewhere at this stage in his career
    and I dont think Edelman or anyone else would be an as adequate replacement. Edelman is very useful, and I would be keeping him on the roster, but I still think Welker is key.

As for the weekend, I just hope players dont rely on the regular season game. We have been burned recently by 3 teams we beat in the regular season who beat us in the playoffs, so I dont want that trend to continue, for this match, and should we get through, for the championship game. The texans were not at all impressive in beating the Bengals, and have been only average since thanksgiving, but they are still a good side. foster can do damage, and our secondary is not exactly wonderful either facing Andre Johnson. Should win, but far from a given.

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    Ok, I know there seems to be some trolling going on... but

But what? You decide to join in? Oh the irony.

I'm a lifelong 49'ers fan and If the Pats had of beaten us then it would have been the greatest comeback for me in NFL history. I have never seen a team turn a performance around so dramatically in a game. The shít stirrer in question was also over trolling in the 49'ers thread the other night. A waste of space if you ask me.

• Advertisement

I have also heard nothing about any Pats links with Danny Amendola, aside from the point bruschi made earlier RE:The McDaniels link. At the start of the season, I was pretty certain this was Welker's last season as a patriot, but Edleman's injury issues changed that. As I said in here before, Welker has proved his durability and consistent reliability yet again. So I don't think you can put a price on that. This was going to be Edelman's breakout season to show what he could do as an alternative to Welker. But through no fault of his own, things haven't worked out as planned. So I now think it's a no brainer that Wes stays on as a patriot.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭J. Football

Exactly. Every year, there's so many receivers labelled "the next Welker" because of their skill set (and more often, their size) which leads people to believe that Welker could be replaced. Fact is, only one of them constantly produces year in, year out - and that's the original Welker. He is absolutely perfect for our system and our quarterback loves him and is great friends with him. Above all else, he wants to stay. Pay the man, give him what he wants. He's irreplaceable and we'll find that out the hard way if we let him walk. I love the little bastard.

I don't think there is anyone that wants to see Wes go, but the question is if a deal can't be reached, can we afford to franchise him?
    I'm not sure that we can.

I don't think there is anyone that wants to see Wes go, but the question is if a deal can't be reached, can we afford to franchise him?

Looking at the cap space, I can't see them tagging him again for $11.4 million. I suspect Vollmer will be getting the tag this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Looking at the cap space, I can't see them tagging him again for $11.4 million. I suspect Vollmer will be getting the tag this year.

I couldn't see them tagging Vollmer. He's our 2nd best tackle and he has a dodgy back.

Hazys wrote: »
    I couldn't see them tagging Vollmer. He's our 2nd best tackle and he has a dodgy back.

Well I would have thought the same last August, but since then he's played every game bar one. For a guy who virtually got no reps at training camp because of his back. He's been one of the best performers on the O line and he's our best guy for covering Solder if he goes down. An O line that was under reconstruction this season, can't afford to compete to let him reach free agency. Vollmer in his 4 years as a patriot, has an excellent total of 11.5 sacks allowed against him. Now maybe the Pats might think Marcus Canon has progressed enough to take over. I just don't think he's quite there yet, tagging Vollmer buys us more time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I think it would piss Welker right off if he was to be tagged again, so we couldnt afford to do it regardless of money. I'd hope a deal could be done, there are not many players who need sorting that are on the upper level of the squad. Brady, Mankins, Wilfork, Gronk, Hernandez all have their pay packets. Welker is an obvious omission from those players as one of our better ones. Arrington, Edelman, Woodhead, Chung on their last year if they want to keep I think could do so without breaking the bank, and not even sure they would keep all of those anyway. Talib, I dont know. Vollmer could be a deal breaker. Welker would be my priority. I didnt think it would, I had resigned myself that he would go this year, but something says I think he'll stay.

bruschi wrote: »
    Arrington, Edelman, Woodhead, Chung on their last year if they want to keep I think could do so without breaking the bank, and not even sure they would keep all of those anyway.

Chung and Arrington have to go imo. Both have been quite poor for us at times this season. Woodhead's versatility makes it a no brainer for him to stay.

But what? You decide to join in? Oh the irony.

But what? The other guy was obviously acting the d1ck about it... but he did have a point. And everyone in here seems oblivious to it. That's what.

I'm certainly not trolling and I don't see any irony.

At least you responded to me, unlike munstermagic11. Fair enough - in your opinion it would've been the greatest ever.

It's pretty hostile in here. What's that about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lothaar - Drop it. Now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement