Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Interestingly Welker got married last year in Colorado, Aspen to be exact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Dowling to Cardinals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

TO. wrote: »
    Dowling to Cardinals

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's obvious the Pats have put a fixed value on Welker and aren't budging. They don't and never have done bidding wars and I think the Broncos will pay him anything to grab him. I was prepared for him to go, but losing him to a conference rival is just totally crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I was prepared for him to go, but losing him to a conference rival is just totally crazy.

For me, it's part of the reason Welker deserved to get paid -- not just because of what he can bring you, but you're taking him off the market for others too.

If BB really didn't think a guy like Manning wouldn' want the best slot receiver to play the game, then he fcuked up royally TBH.

• Advertisement

?

Rich Eissen mentioned it:

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen Vatican Cardinals choose Francis I, Arizona Cardinals choose Rashard I. Per League Source.

Ignore me he most likely means Mendenhall. The draw backs of reading **** while on a phone.

It's obvious the Pats have put a fixed value on Welker and aren't budging. They don't and never have done bidding wars and I think the Broncos will pay him anything to grab him. I was prepared for him to go, but losing him to a conference rival is just totally crazy.

Exactly what I said before about the Patriot way. The Pats are slowly becoming that stubborn person we all know among our group of friends. You know the one who is so set in their ways they can't see the clear out come of certain decisions that everyone sees is coming. Whatever about not wanting to give Welker letting him go to a now big rival is ridiculous and its sad that the Patriot way gets in the way of common sense.

RT @MikeGiardi: A source close to the situation telling me that Welker has gone back to the Patriots to see if they'll match the offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Right decision by the Pats not to budge here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

The Pats are supposedly interested in Cruz and made contact but they don't want to deal with his agent. Ill try and dig out the report but while it sounds dubious it wouldn't be nuts for the Pats to give up a first rounder for Cruz. Apparently the Vikings are interested too.

• Advertisement

The Pats are supposedly interested in Cruz and made contact but they don't want to deal with his agent. Ill try and dig out the report but while it sounds dubious it wouldn't be nuts for the Pats to give up a first rounder for Cruz. Apparently the Vikings are interested too.

Yup he has Tom Condon as his agent and Condon and the Pats don't like each other that much. Goes back to disputes over Ben Watsons contract in 2006. Condon said some very stupid things about the Pats.

Yup he has Tom Condon as his agent and Condon and the Pats don't like each other that much. Goes back to disputes over Ben Watsons contract in 2006. Condon said some very stupid things about the Pats.

Ah right. Well Cruz only changed to Condon in the past few days. Apparently he's a Giant "friendly" agent. It would seem like a stupid thing for Cruz to do as the Giants aren't giving him what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah that went on for quite a while but he is Brandon Lloyd's agent so it seems that the feud is over.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah that went on for quite a while but he is Brandon Lloyd's agent so it seems that the feud is over.

I don't think it ever went away even after signing Lloyd common sense and $$$$$$ helped that a long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The protracted negotiations last year were a portent of things to come. Edelman was starting ahead of him early last season until he got injured. The Pats were absolutely right to start prepping for life after Welker at that time. If Welker goes and we land Cruz, then I'll be happy. But letting him go without a quality replacement would be nuts. Of course he might still come back to the Pats, to show what the Broncos have offered. Unlikely they'll match it, but I'm still looking on the postive side and hoping they will.

Per Schefter: Welker is a Bronco.

And he's gone. Per Schefter, Welker is now a Bronco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

blah

two year deal and all ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

:mad::mad::mad::mad: That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

2 years/12 million.

what the actual ****.

• Advertisement

BB isn't stupid. Something is going on. Brady hasn't given up that money for nothing.

2 years 12million? Ah for fook sake. I fooking hope he has a masterplan for someone like Cruz now. If he settles on bargain basement replacement I will go fooking nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Wes Welker lands a two-year, $12 million deal from the Broncos. Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker. Have fun, Peyton.

Hardly would've broke the salary cap to keep him.......

Doesn't even seem like a great deal for Welker

Masked Man wrote: »
    2 years/12 million.

what the actual ****.

Yeah wtf!!! When i read it first i thought it was 2 years at $12m a year which would have been too much but 6 million a year! thats nothing.

Something is up

I won't mind as much if we keep both Vollmer and Talib, but if we lose one of those as well I'll be raging. I'd also want to retain Lloyd and Edelman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Its going to be horrible watching Peyton passing to Wes.
    You just know hes going to come back to haunt us:(

RT @AdamSchefter: Patriots began pursuing Rams free-agent WR Danny Amendola during the three-day negotiating window last weekend.

Might be a good pick up for the 3/4 games we get out of him.

Brian Hartline got $6m a year.

How do the Patriots think Wes Welker is worse than Brain Hartline?

On the same thinking, how do the Broncos think Welker is only worth $6m a year? They must have been laughing when he came to the table with his demands.

Schefter has just said Patriots have already contacted Amendola over the weekend. Looks like he is where we are going to settle. I like Amendola but I like Welker even more especially at 12m over 2 years. Still can't believe this.

Edit: JMR getting there ahead of me :D

• Advertisement

The fact that NE weren't offering anything close to that kind of deal is mind-blowing tbh. That's not a lot of cash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement