Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I usually wish former players the very best with their new team but in this instance I hope he is an epic fail in Denver.

Then we can use the fact that Brady is just so much better than Manning and made Welker look good.:D

I smell a Manning Vs Brady Thread coming on :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This thread now makes me feel like this...

6dvdMa.jpg

Yes I've made my contribution to this, but can we just forget about would have, could have, should have, regarding Wes. What's done is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

TO. wrote: »

I smell a Manning Vs Brady Thread coming on :D
    Really should be one stickied for handiness sake!

I smell a Manning Vs God (Brady) Thread coming on :D

Fyp. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Im reading that only 10 million of amendola's deal is guaranteed, if true, then it's win win win for the three partys involved.
    Amendola has the opportunity to earn decent money if the incentives are met.
    Pats can let go of/bench Amendola without it hurting the salary cap too much.
    Welker gets guaranteed money with a top team.

The only loser out of the deal are us pats fans :(

• Advertisement

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Really should be one stickied for handiness sake!

bradyvsmanning.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Really? Have to say i disagree. I'm staggered he has gone for such low money and that other big teams weren't willing to pay him more. If the best teams have some great no.1 option at receiver (Thomas in the case of Denver) surely they will often be double-covered, hence freeing up a bit more room for Welker to do what he does best. Fair enough, there are top teams whose strengths lie elsewhere, but plenty of other big teams could do with that option he gives a QB. He HAS gone to a big contender after all, i'm surprised others were not queuing up for him myself, he's tough as nails and he's still got 2 or 3 years at the top imo. Manning must be creaming himself, surely other QB's at contending teams would feel similar. I can't understand the money, even considering his age.

I don't think most of the top teams would really want him for $6m+ a year. He's not a player who'll really help take away safety coverage as he'll usually just have a nickel CB marking him.

Donald Jones and Leon Washington visiting Pats as we speak.

Leon Washington signs.

Probably the end of Danny Woodhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Fyp. :D

I'm an atheist :pac:

Eagle eye, you know if that happens people will just say Manning succeeded despite Welker being past it. This argument will never get resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Losing Woodhead and Welker would really really suck from a fan perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Leon Washington signs.

Probably the end of Danny Woodhead.

Wouldn't say no to Woodhead signing up with the Giants.

Leon Washington signs.

And here he is......

5yWVHP.jpg

If you have the twittermebob you should follow Zoltan Mesko dude is funny as f**K
    Zoltan Mesko ‏@ZoltanMesko Would it be weird if I posted a pic of myself, poolside, in a speedo, holding two chihuahuas??? Thinking about it...

BEKJfKFCcAAvLnP.jpg

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer In addition to Adrian Wilson, Patriots will host ex-Falcons DE John Abraham on a visit tomorrow.

Apparently Abraham has already signed for the Pats:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/1abo2j/john_abraham_to_patriots/
    So this is my brothers account, I'm just a lurker, but this needs to be posted
    My girlfriend just met John Abraham and he said he just signed with the pats. He showed her the email on his phone and everything. This is nowhere in the news right now.
    pic because it happened: http://imgur.com/fSkPwoY
    edit: This was at the airport in Florida heading up to Logan tonight.

http://imgur.com/fSkPwoY

fSkPwoY.jpg?1

^ ^ ^

I was just reading he was he was coming in for a visit, wow that was quick. Looks like the Falcons couldn't take the cap hit. He had a 10 sack season in 2012 and has only missed 2 games in the last 6 seasons. He really would be bring a great veteran prescence.

As you said above TO, I was also just reading Adrian Wilson is coming in for a visit. At 230 he's a big, scary, hard hittng strong safety and would make an intimidating additon if all goes well. That said, I'm much more concerned right now with the CB position and Dennard situation. I hope they are not moving McCourty back to CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I would worry about Amendola's durability too.

I wonder how Eric Decker's usage will change in Denver now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

This thread now makes me feel like this...

6dvdMa.jpg

Yes I've made my contribution to this, but can we just forget about would have, could have, should have, regarding Wes. What's done is done.

Yours was a reasoned contibution though, I on the otherhand may have gotten a bit too overly passionate yesterday. And I'm sorry for using some harsh language towards Wes.

Anyway, I'm nominating you to be the next Pope. :D

Dwight Freeney in New England also. And strong possibility of signing him and Abraham. What a solid addition to that Pass rush if we get both.

• Advertisement

Gronkastic wrote: »
    Yours was a reasoned contibution though, I on the otherhand may have gotten a bit too overly passionate yesterday. And I'm sorry for using some harsh language towards Wes.

Anyway, I'm nominating you to be the next Pope. :D

Now that me and you got our first official spat out of the way I never gave you a proper welcome. Welcome aboard. Until you experience your first heated debate and shake it off on here you are not a real AF forum material. You did so and now officially join the ranks in my eyes. The force is strong in this one. :D

Dwight Freeney in New England also. And strong possibility of signing him and Abraham. What a solid addition to that Pass rush if we get both.

You are indeed the bearer of much good news recently. :D

Gronkastic wrote: »
    I on the otherhand may have gotten a bit too overly passionate yesterday. And I'm sorry for using some harsh language towards Wes.
    Now that me and you got our first official spat out of the way I never gave you a proper welcome. Welcome aboard. Until you experience your first heated debate and shake it off on here you are not a real AF forum material. You did so and now officially join the ranks in my eyes. The force is strong in this one. :D

And once again peace and harmony was restored to Waltons Mountain and all was good.

* gets coat *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I would be thrilled with Freeney, Abraham and Wilson, though I have to imagine our chances of acquiring all three aren't great.

Any news on Talib or Vollmer? Have they even visited any other teams?

I would be thrilled with Freeney, Abraham and Wilson, though I have to imagine our chances of acquiring all three aren't great.

Any news on Talib or Vollmer? Have they even visited any other teams?

Id say we will get Freeney and Abraham and leave Wilson unless one of the 3 wants to take a cheap short term package.

And nothing on Talib or Vollmer. No news is good news right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Id say we will get Freeney and Abraham and leave Wilson unless one of the 3 wants to take a cheap short term package.

I hope so anyway :o

Apparently the interest in Freeney is "serious", and not just a due-diligence excercise. Hopefully we don't let him leave without a contract, because the Broncos were sniffing around too.

I agree, Wilson would be the lesser of our needs. Young Tavon Wilson had a very good rookie season. He brings some muscle to the safety postion and should only get better in 2013.

I hope so and I'm crossing my fingers, toes and testicles on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I'd love to have Wilson, Abraham & Freeney but if i had to pick 2 of the 3, it would be Wilson & Abraham. Freeney's production has dropped off massively in recent years, how much is due to positional change i don't know.

Ya, no news is good news on Vollmer & Talib. Most of the cap flush teams have spent their money on their CB and T players, the Patriots team are probably the most flush team left so we have to be favorites for them to resign.

Patriots signed former Bills WR Donald Jones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Patriots signed former Bills WR Donald Jones.

Decent signing but not a game changer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement