Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Where do you reckon the Pats will go first round in the draft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

adrian522 wrote: »

If we get Freeney and Abraham in the FA. Most likely the secondary to begin and then who knows after that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interesting, I was thinking WR for New England but they've picked up 2 in the last few days.

Pats not willing to pay $3m bonus to Lloyd in 2013 so only way he stays is if he re-structures his contract.

Patriots hosting Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Patriots start getting busy in FA after the initial flurry of moves as usual. Always looking for value in the latter days if free agency. Unfortunately this year's money wasn't as crazy as previous years and there seemed like a lot value in the early days we missed out on.

Ill be happy even after the Welker fiasco, if we keep Vollmer and Talib, sign 2 of the 3 vets we had into visit, keep Lloyd or sign a WR of equivalent talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

CB or Safety were always going to be the priority needs in the draft for me.

I'm interested where the safeties end up going. While I think SF will go D-Line first, I'd love to see someone like Elam drop to the top of the 2nd.

Hazys wrote: »
    Patriots start getting busy in FA after the initial flurry of moves as usual.

Ya, they always have a traditional non-existant first day in FA. But they've been busy boys today alright.

Abraham confirmed.

• Advertisement

Patriots start getting busy in FA after the initial flurry of moves as usual. Always looking for value in the latter days if free agency. Unfortunately this year's money wasn't as crazy as previous years and there seemed like a lot value in the early days we missed out on.

Ill be happy even after the Welker fiasco, if we keep Vollmer and Talib, sign 2 of the 3 vets we had into visit, keep Lloyd or sign a WR of equivalent talent.

Strangely enough reading a fair few reports the Pats gamble on holding out has paid off as certain markets we are interested have been zapped enough to get bargain prices. When I get home I will find the article that shows one of the experts reckons we can manage Talib, Abraham, Vollmer, Freeney, Wilson and Lloyd if he re-structures and still have room for movement.

I'm interested where the safeties end up going. While I think SF will go D-Line first, I'd love to see someone like Elam drop to the top of the 2nd.

I wouldn't surprise me if he did. I think what makes this years draft pretty interesting, is the depth. There aren't any real stand out over hyped players. But teams are more likley to pick up some decent quality players in later rounds. Than they would have in previous years.

CB Kyle Arrington has reached an agreement in principle with the Patriots to stay for another 4 years,

TO. wrote: »
    CB Kyle Arrington has reached an agreement in principle with the Patriots to stay for another 4 years,

I think he was desperate to stay and I reckon the front office got good value from this. While he had been very poor at times playing CB, he has done very well playing in slot coverage.

Freeney just entered the building hopefully like Abrahams we get him signed up.

Freeney just entered the building hopefully like Abrahams we get him signed up.

A player that Brady has the highest regard for, that is a defensive player I want. Landing Freeney would be fantastic.

Danny Woodhead has gone to the Chargers...damn

But he would have been an expensive luxury with Vereen and Washington...the Pats prob saw this coming hence the Washington signing

Danny Woodhead has gone to the Chargers...damn

But he would have been an expensive luxury with Vereen and Washington...the Pats prob saw this coming hence the Washington signing

I think when Vereen showed us what he really could do, in that play off game against the Texans, Danny's future looked uncertain.

First Wes and now Danny, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness to see these good guys gone.

@greggrosenthal The exodus of Patriots that look like Patriot fans is complete.

lol

I think when Vereen showed us what he really could do, in that play off game against the Texans, Danny's future looked uncertain.

First Wes and now Danny, I can't help but feel a tinge of sadness to see these good guys gone.

Danny has been fantastic for us but Vereen when he has got on the field has looked great and he has a waaay higher upside that we haven't seen yet

• Advertisement

Danny has been fantastic for us but Vereen when he has got on the field has looked great and he has a waaay higher upside that we haven't seen yet

And after his 3TD destruction of the Texans, why he wasn't used against the Ravens shall forever baffle me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Really sad to see Woodhead go, seemed like a great guy. We're running out of short white guys :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

A player that Brady has the highest regard for, that is a defensive player I want. Landing Freeney would be fantastic.
    Its gonna suck seeing Freeney in a Pats uniform. Still, I wish him well. He's been a great servant to the Colts over the years.

Reports on Arrington have his 4 year deal valued at $16 million, with $8.5 million in guarantees. There is also $6 million signing bonus.

Andy Hart ‏@JumboHart NFL tackles be warned! RT @Chan95Jones: Excited to be heading over to Albuquerque NM next week to train MMA with my brother @JonnyBones !

Hart Re-tweeting Chandler Jones.

Just noticed this:

Dennis Farrell ESPN ‏@Dennis77Farrell Starting to hear rumblings that the New England Patriots are set to make a big trades

I'm intrigued.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

And after his 3TD destruction of the Texans, why he wasn't used against the Ravens shall forever baffle me.

He fumbled. You know Bill doesn't like that. That or he got eaten in the film room. Loved Woodhead was great seeing a guy like that take the most of his opportunity. Incredible pass blocker for his size, used to really surprise rushers because he could get underneath them. You could also tell that he was the RB that Brady trusted the most, don't think Brady really trusts RVB.

Two favourite moments would be the following,

then him and Brady leading the comeback versus the 49ers.

Dumervil just took a wage cut and is staying in Denver that means Freeney will now also be going cheap and Pats surely now top of his list. Starting to look like a win for the Pats. And with Delmas staying with Detroit on the cheap means we could also get Wilson cheap. Fingers crossed that happens.

Apparently Pats made an offer for Woodhead...so did 8 other teams...he probably got serious money off the Chargers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Just noticed this:

Dennis Farrell ESPN ‏@Dennis77Farrell Starting to hear rumblings that the New England Patriots are set to make a big trades

I'm intrigued.....

That could be the Victor Cruz thing popping up again. He's available to sign from today as he changed agents on Tuesday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement