Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Stev_o wrote: »
    And after his 3TD destruction of the Texans, why he wasn't used against the Ravens shall forever baffle me.

He fumbled. You know Bill doesn't like that. That or he got eaten in the film room....

confused.png Sorry you're wrong there. No Patriot player fumbled in that game against the Texans. But there were a few fumbles on the Texans side. Vereen put in a stellar performance that was lauded around the NFL. Vereen also became only the third player in postseason history, to have two receiving touchdowns and one rushing score in the same game.

And this beautiful throw and catch capped it all off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Elvis has left the building. Broncos fooked up the filing of Dumervils contract and he is now officially a free agent. Many rumblings say the have gone over the cap without relising it. Bill B get on the phone to Elvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

Stev_o wrote: »
    He fumbled.

Nope, never happened. None of our running backs fumbled in the 2012 post season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TO. wrote: »
    Elvis has left the building. Broncos fooked up the filing of Dumervils contract and he is now officially a free agent. Many rumblings say the have gone over the cap without relising it. Bill B get on the phone to Elvis.
    I ask the question in the FA thread I think it was. When I seen their signings and knowing what how much Mannings is hitting the cap with this year I thought they had to be close to the cap.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I ask the question in the FA thread I think it was. When I seen their signings and knowing what how much Mannings is hitting the cap with this year I thought they had to be close to the cap.

So many rumours about the cap space so who knows if that part is true. Either way Elvis is a free agent as the paperwork didn't get filed in time. Broncos blaming NFL though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So now we wait and see will Elvis enter the buliding.

It gets worse for Denver:

Read---> RT @Jeff_Legwold: Dumervil's release gives #Broncos huge dead money hit. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal

It gets worse for Denver:

Read---> RT @Jeff_Legwold: Dumervil's release gives #Broncos huge dead money hit. Limits ability to bring him back with a "new'' deal
    Lmfao, thats just so ridiculous its funny.:D

This made me laugh

Peyton's Head ‏@PeytonsHead Elvis Dumervil agrees to contract but we don't fax paperwork done in time so he's released? Who the f*ck is running this place, the Jets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Apparently Emmanuel Sanders has signed an offer sheet from us. Unless the Steelers match it, he'll be a Patriot.

• Advertisement

Wilson deal done.

Lovely. Our first no nonsense, hard hitting safety since Rodney. Here's hoping he has the same impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Gronkastic wrote: »

Nope, never happened. None of our running backs fumbled in the 2012 post season.
    Except for the ktfo against the ravens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Wilson and McCourty will be a serious tandem.

Now lets get Talib signed and break Dennard out of jail and we are sorted!

I don't know how I feel about Wilson. On one hand its a big upgrade at the position but on the other hand I really wanted us to draft Matt Elam. I really think this kid is going to be a star in the NFL.

Lovely. Our first no nonsense, hard hitting safety since Rodney. Here's hoping he has the same impact.

This guy will make our backfield a scary place for receivers, which is something we've lacked for sometime alright.

I was also just reading Adrian Wilson is coming in for a visit. At 230 he's a big, scary, hard hittng strong safety and would make an intimidating additon if all goes well.

Looks like you got your wish from last night. :D

I wonder how this will affect Gregory? I found him very dissapointing a times last season.

Apparently Emmanuel Sanders has signed an offer sheet from us. Unless the Steelers match it, he'll be a Patriot.

This would be a very good signing if we pull it off, but I fear the Steelers will be desperate to keep him and will match the offer. They've already lost Wallace and I can't see them rolling over on this one.

Contrary to reports in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Patriots have not officially signed receiver Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. Adam Schefter reports that the Patriots are still only considering the possibility.

Further breakdown on the Amendola contract: He received a $6 million signing bonus and $4 million of his base salaries are fully guaranteed. The yearly salaries are $2 million this year (guaranteed), $3 million in 2014 ($2 million of which is guaranteed), $4 million in 2015, $5 million in 2016 and $6 million in 2017.

• Advertisement

Reports coming in that the Pats and Talib have agreed to a 1 year deal.

Talib signs :D:D:D

Reports coming in that the Pats and Talib have agreed to a 1 year deal.

YES!!!!! That's great news.

Talib's 1 year deal is worth $5 million. He had three other offers including a 5 year deal from the Patriots. Looks like he took the 1 year deal and bet on himself earning a bigger deal after next season.

Getting him at only $5 million is a fantastic piece of business from the Pats . Especailly when you consider the cost of tagging him would have been $10.854 million. Talib now has every motivation to go and have a great 2013 season.

Afternoon Gents. Some really nice work by Pats so far this FA. Freeney or Dumervil would be nice now if we could bag one of them.

Freeney or Dumervil would be nice now if we could bag one of them.

Would cap it off very nicely alright.

Abraham has not signed for Pats all the reports yesterday saying he did seem to be wrong

Looking back through twitter a fair few of the main analysts reported it but nothing of it officially and he is still visiting teams and is undecided.

As it stands the Pats are still in Negotiations with Freeny, Abraham, Vollmer, Lloyd. An offer was discussed with Sanders but the Pats are hesitant apparently which Id say has a lot to do with if we don't match the Steelers offer and still sign him we hand over a 3rd round pick for him so Id say getting a re-structure with Lloyd is first and then deciding whether we want to match the Steelers offer or hand over a 3rd round pick.

Stallworth was in a hot air balloon accident this morning and is in a stable condition in hospital. Suffered burns after hitting a power line. Bizarre.

• Advertisement

Stallworth was in a hot air balloon accident this morning and is in a stable condition in hospital. Suffered burns after hitting a power line. Bizarre.

Just read that and first word came to mind was bizarre. I went on to google hot air balloon accidents and there was a recent one in Egypt recently 6 dead and I thought to myself fook that am I ever getting in one. Accidents in them are very common from minor to major.

Get well soon Stallworth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement