Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I would say Armstead has more of a chance of making the roster than Kelly...

And more preferable imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

IF Kelly gets back his 2011 form then please and thank you.

If not. No thanks. Don't think he'll be getting paid a load of cash either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Kelly will do really well playing less snaps. I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Wilfork in the middle together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I think Kelly will do really well playing less snaps. I'm really looking forward to seeing him and Wilfork in the middle together.

I agree. The Raiders used him far too much. He is a 2 down DT. Add that to the fact the Raiders are a mess and a team with no harmony no surprise a lot of Raiders players had bad attitudes.

One thing we take for granted sometimes is that Wilfork has become an every down D-tackle and for his size he is 1 of very DT and noses who do that. Im hoping we see the best out of Kelly. He plays less gets paid and is on a good team. It should keep him happy.

Seems Gronk's agent has rubbished Borges's report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

TO. wrote: »
    Seems Gronk's agent has rubbished Borges's report.

This was reported after his agent commented on it.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9143579/rob-gronkowski-new-england-patriots-very-likely-forearm-plate-removed-sources-say

Pus? This is getting worrying now, because that should not be happening this far our from his third surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I wouldn't worry about it. I imagine Gronk gets a lot of pus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

TBH, I'm not worried if he misses the start of the season.
    The past two years his absences from the final game of the season was the problem.

Hopefully we'll keep him healthy in the playoffs this year.

Masked Man wrote: »

Thing is with it, There doesn't seem to be a clear and definitive answer to what actually needs to be done. They all seem to be basing their opinions off the original report and Schefter is the only who seemed to imply he talked to someone else.

Be interesting to see what the official line on this really is. I agree with Bizzy also I think at this stage having him fit for the post season season would be more important than the start of the regular season. Jake Ballard should slot in there nicely and provide adequate cover for Gronk. Brady and Ballard will get plenty of time to work together also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Ballard is the definition of all in. The guy tore up his knee trying to get back into the game. I love the guy and I hope he does really well but I think Ballard losing another step for a slow guy may be a bit too much. Nevertheless I hope he does well. He was a big part of our success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

All I want for Christmas is a fully fit Gronk hitting his peak going into the playoffs.

No doubt we all share that wish.

the Jake Ballard signing is really beginning to look like a masterstroke.

Amen to that.

Big day tomorrow when Dennard faces his sentencing. Prosecution did recommend that he doesn't get any prison time but that is no gaurantee. Loved us drafting him last season and he's shown some real good stuff in the secondary. If all goes well, I've no doubt he'll have a great 2013 season for us. Having him and Talib around would make me a lot happier during games.

Kelly's deal is 2 years, $5 million with a $2 mill cap hit this year. That's higher than I thought it would be, so maybe we are counting on him contributing, and are confident he has something left to give.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Apparently the Patriots submitted an offer sheet for Emmanuel Sanders. I don't know how I feel about this one, as it would make it very unlikely that we get Edelman back.

3rd round pick for a 1 year offer sheet makes me nervous. We would want to be VERY confident of keeping here longer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

So strange its a 1yr deal.

Maybe they are offering a big one year contract that the Steelers can't match and then as soon as he signs, give him an extension.

But why wouldn't they just offer him a front loaded, multi year deal? or is that more complicated with RFAs?

Maybe if you offer a one year contract the value of the contract is all absorbed year one of the Cap making it hard for the Steelers to match. If they offer a multi year contract the cap hit would be spread out over a couple of years.

No way the Pats are giving up a 3rd round pick for a one year load of an above average WR. We gave up a 4th for a premier CB last year.

Steelers only had $2m cap space as of 7 days ago.

Sanders is on a $1.3m tender so potentially they could offer him a $3.3m contract (if they make no more roster moves in 5 days), which seems doubtful.

But i doubt we offer him $3.4m for one season, seems expensive since we wouldn't pay Lloyd that.

But anything more than $1.3m puts the Steelers in more limited cap position.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Adam Schefter is pretty adamant that the money in the contract won't scare the steelers.

• Advertisement

If they want to keep him, they'll keep him. Omar Khan is the best in the business for wriggling cap space.

A 1 year deal is a bit weird alright, but all is probably not as it seems.

Edelman re-signed to a 1 year deal

Happy with that :)

Now if Edelman can stay fit and show some durability for 2013, he might just secure his long term future as a Patriot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I remember of Sanders last year was dropping an awful lot of passes, or am I thinking of someone else?

infacteh wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but all I remember of Sanders last year was dropping an awful lot of passes, or am I thinking of someone else?

From what I've seen, he only had three drops last season.

Denanrd sentence just in - 24 months probation and 30 days in prison starting March 3st 2014. Yippee! We'll have him for the season and he'll miss no playing time at all. Bit of a shock that he got any jail time at all though. Still it's great news all the same.

He also got 100 hours community service, he can travel out of state for work and family reasons. All other travel requires permission in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

That's fantastic news about Dennard.

• Advertisement

Denanrd sentence just in - 24 months probation and 30 days in prison starting March 3st 2014. Yippee! We'll have him for the season and he'll miss no playing time at all. Bit of a shock that he got any jail time at all though. Still it's great news all the same.

He also got 100 hours community service, he can travel out of state for work and family reasons. All other travel requires permission in advance.

You assault a cop you will see time of some degree in the US. Now hopefully he serves his time and gets on with his life and plays out of his skin for the Pats. Excellent for us that he gets to play ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement