Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Always like the Andruzzi Family. Joe Andruzzi did his bit today to help amid chaos in Boston:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/joe-andruzzi-handles-boston-marathon-attack-the-way-joe-andruzzi-would/

andruzzi.jpg
    Former NFL offensive lineman Joe Andruzzi, a cancer survivor, runs a foundation that raises funds to assist cancer patients and to support pediatric brain cancer research.

As part of the effort, Andruzzi organizes a team of runners every year at the Boston Marathon.

His three brothers who responded to the 9/11 attacks, so it makes sense that he’d be photographed carrying a woman who had been injured in Monday’s bombing.

If that image makes you inclined to contribute to his foundation’s effort, all you have to do is click here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I have two good friends who are fighting to save lives right now in Massachusetts General Hospital. One of them seen some horrors in Iraq, but never expected a war zone in his own home town. Football really is so unimportant right now.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Amendola pledged $100 per catch and $200 per drop from this season to the victims of the bombings on twitter.

Hopefully he has a 100 catch season....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I have two good friends who are fighting to save lives right now in Massachusetts General Hospital. One of them seen some horrors in Iraq, but never expected a war zone in his own home town. Football really is so unimportant right now.:(

My sympathies Corvus. Hope they pull through ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

HigginsJ wrote: »

I took that they are fighting to save lives of others not their own....

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I took that they are fighting to save lives of others not their own....

Does it really matter? Either way the statement of hoping they pull through stays true really whether its his friends or friends saving another.

HigginsJ wrote: »

Thanks bud, they're fine. One is a surgeon and the other works in the ER so the poor souls have been flat out. They were full of praise to the first responsders at the scene of the attacks. Thankfully there was a lot of nurses, doctors and EMS personnel onsite when the attacks happened. And that saved a lot of lives.

I see Danny Amendola has made a lovely gesture to the bombing victims. He has promised to donate $100 dollars for every recpetion this season. And if he drops a pass, then he'll donate $200 dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

BizzyC wrote: »
    Amendola pledged $100 per catch and $200 per drop from this season to the victims of the bombings on twitter.

Hopefully he has a 100 catch season....

On twitter, big Vince offered to match donations if 1000 people donated $10 to his foundation...1000 people donated in a couple of hours...now he wants another 5000 people to donate and his wife will match them.

Robert Kraft is matching upto $100,000 of donations on Patriots.com.

Devin McCourty is donating $100 for every tackle he makes and $200 for every int.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Hazys wrote: »
    On twitter, big Vince offered to match donations if 1000 people donated $10 to his foundation...1000 people donated in a couple of hours...now he wants another 5000 people to donate and his wife will match them.

Devin McCourty is donating $100 for every tackle he makes and $200 for every int.

That is great stuff by all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/18/jermichael-finley-donating-money-for-tds-drops-to-boston-relief-fund/

Jermichael Finley donating $500 for every drop and touchdown, mad respect

• Advertisement

Fair fecking play to him and to use a variation of an old Father Ted saying - "NFL players........a great bunch of lads."

2013 PATRIOTS PRESEASON SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Time TV Coverage
    Friday, Aug. 9 at Philadelphia Eagles 7:30 p.m. ET Patriots Preseason Network
    Friday, Aug. 16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 8:00 p.m. ET FOX
    Thursday, Aug. 22 at Detroit Lions 7:30 p.m. ET Patriots Preseason Network
    Thursday, Aug. 29 New York Giants 7:30 p.m. ET Patriots Preseason Network

2013 PATRIOTS REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE

Date Opponent Time TV Coverage
    Sunday, Sept. 8 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. ET CBS
    Thursday, Sept. 12 New York Jets 8:25 p.m. ET NFL Network
    Sunday, Sept. 22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. ET FOX
    Sunday, Sept 29 at Atlanta Falcons 8:30 p.m. ET NBC
    Sunday, Oct. 6 at Cincinnati Bengals 1:00 p.m. ET CBS
    Sunday, Oct. 13 New Orleans Saints 4:25 p.m. ET FOX
    Sunday, Oct. 20 at New York Jets 1:00 p.m. ET CBS
    Sunday, Oct. 27 Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET CBS
    Sunday, Nov. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25 p.m. ET CBS
    Sunday, Nov. 10 BYE WEEK
    Monday, Nov. 18 at Carolina Panthers 8:40 p.m. ET ESPN
    Sunday, Nov. 24 Denver Broncos 8:30 p.m. ET NBC*
    Sunday, Dec. 1 at Houston Texans 4:25 p.m. ET CBS*
    Sunday, Dec. 8 Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. ET CBS*
    Sunday, Dec. 15 at Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET CBS*
    Sunday, Dec. 22 at Baltimore Ravens 8:30 p.m. ET NBC*
    Sunday, Dec. 29 Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. ET CBS*

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Sunday Dec 8th.
    Expect a serious dent in your Playoff aspirations boys :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Cheers for posting that TO. I've just submitted a barage of holiday requests :D

5 televised games in good. Add in the ones that Sky will be showing (Saints, Texans, Steelers and one of the divisional games all possibilities) and around half our games will be televised this side of the pond.

You know what? Fúck it, I'm going to a game this year.

If you do and its after Sept let me know which one and I will get tickets for it also. We can tailgate and go to game. Myself and the missus are hoping to move into Foxboro. Looking at a couple of places there. Visas are backed up right now so it will be Sept when I move over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'm hoping to do this myself but the only problem is that there is no other Giants fans near me and if I bring the Missus to New York she'll be expecting a ring!!

I might try an organise something but my two mates that are into football are Eagles and Fins fans :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

TO. wrote: »
    If you do and its after Sept let me know which one and I will get tickets for it also. We can tailgate and go to game. Myself and the missus are hoping to move into Foxboro. Looking at a couple of places there. Visas are backed up right now so it will be Sept when I move over.

lucky bastard :mad:

best of luck with it though. :cool:

TO, you must realise from the The Weird, Wacky and Awesome thread that I've ran out of things to break. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

TO, you must realise from the The Weird, Wacky and Awesome thread that I've ran out of things to break. :(

As i was reading TOs posts, i was thinking Corvus is going to freak the fcuk out!

• Advertisement

As i was reading TOs posts, i was thinking Corvus is going to freak the fcuk out!

Me freak out?.................................Never.

4J2tcZ.jpg

You should buy in that cheap breakable china as you are going to need it over the next year :D Hey if you are ever in Foxboro just give me a shout. You are also welcome.

Hey if you are ever in Foxboro just give me a shout. You are also welcome.

Much appreciated TO, I'll have to get working on that. :)

Just thought I post this pic of Edelman visiting with Boston bomb victim and hero Jeffery Bauman. Apparently despite losing both his legs below the knees, he was still able give police an excellent description of one of the bastárds who planted the bomb near his feet. Note the Pat The Patriot hat he's wearing. Edelman's tweet and visit pic below..

64gvRd.jpg

I'm looking at the Broncos game on at the end of November. Gonna head over on the Thursday and come back on the Tuesday - flights and hotel comes in at just under a grand which isn't too bad. I'll put aside a few hundred for a ticket as I'm sure a game of that magnitude will cost a fortune. I'll take you up on that offer of tailgating though. We should organise a Boards Pats Fans tailgate party :D

I'm looking at the Broncos game on at the end of November. Gonna head over on the Thursday and come back on the Tuesday - flights and hotel comes in at just under a grand which isn't too bad. I'll put aside a few hundred for a ticket as I'm sure a game of that magnitude will cost a fortune. I'll take you up on that offer of tailgating though. We should organise a Boards Pats Fans tailgate party :D

Great game to pick. One of my mates from Cali is a Broncos fan and him and some of his buddies are coming over for that game also. Be a cracking tailgate. Going to be some banter.

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing, but I'm seriously starting to get ideas now.

Hope you don't mind me gatecrashing, but I'm seriously starting to get ideas now.

Do it. Boardsie tailgate for that game would be epic.

This is gonna be awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 pepperfoot

honestly . the jets havent been a solid team for the last couple of years. so its not a challenge beating them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement