Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lads we would need some serious coordination here for a Boardsie tailgate. I haven't gone to a Pats Home game since 2001. And yes it was the old Foxboro :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Lads we would need some serious coordination here for a Boardsie tailgate. I haven't gone to a Pats Home game since 2001. And yes it was the old Foxboro :(.

Im sure between the lot of us we can organise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 longhorn2013

Hey guys..going to be in states next October and mad to see an NFL game! Options are the saints v pats in Boston or cowboys v eagles in Philly. Wreckon it could be a shootout in pats game but a great rivalry in Philly! How hard to get tickets for these games and how much roughly!? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

At the end of the day, if we're going to the same game then tailgating will be the easy part because we're guaranteed to be the in the same place at the same time.

We can practise though. I say we get in a few beers in Dublin one of the first few weeks of the season for a Pats game, or even go full hog and organise the American Football forum first beers and extend the invite to anyone who wants to come along.

I'm genuinely serious about heading over for a game so I can't wait for this!

At the end of the day, if we're going to the same game then tailgating will be the easy part because we're guaranteed to be the in the same place at the same time.

We can practise though. I say we get in a few beers in Dublin one of the first few weeks of the season for a Pats game, or even go full hog and organise the American Football forum first beers and extend the invite to anyone who wants to come along.

You might have to have that pint in Dublin without me but when you guys hit MA we can arrange to meet in Boston for a pint also. And anything I can do stateside to organise it for you I will. Im sure Hazy if not busy will jump in also considering he is there also :D

• Advertisement

Great suggestion JaMarcus to meet up for some test run beers in Dublin. I'm down in the whest! But if I'm willing to get to Boston, then I will make Dublin no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If ye guys make over, count me in for tailgating, beers, etc.

Hazys wrote: »
    If ye guys make over, count me in for tailgating, beers, etc.

And the plot thickens. :D

Hopefully we can find someone to trade Jeff Demps to and pick up an extra draft pick in the process. I suspect Bill will trade away the first rounder and pick up some extra picks mid-round. What do you guys reckon?

Hopefully we can find someone to trade Jeff Demps to and pick up an extra draft pick in the process. I suspect Bill will trade away the first rounder and pick up some extra picks mid-round. What do you guys reckon?

Yeah been saying it a while now that we will most likely trade out of the 1st round. Not many pure talent in the draft and plenty of cheaper options lower down so it makes sense to drop out and bulk up in later rounds

• Advertisement

After trading away the first round pick as expected, we now have the following picks.

Second round (52)
    Second round (59)
    Third round (83)
    Third round (91)
    Fourth round (102)
    Seventh round (226)
    Seventh round (229)
    Seventh round (235)

And I'll be staying awake for the rest of the draft now.

After trading away the first round pick as expected, we now have the following picks.

Second round (52)
    Second round (59)
    Third round (83)
    Third round (91)
    Fourth round (102)
    Seventh round (226)
    Seventh round (229)
    Seventh round (235)

And I'll be staying awake for the rest of the draft now.

With this years draft those 2nd and 3rd rounders at going to nab ye really good players I think ye feckin nailed the first round

With this years draft those 2nd and 3rd rounders at going to nab ye really good players I think ye feckin nailed the first round

I think so, the depth and best value is really good between 2nd-4th rounds alright. So pretty pleased with their wheeling and dealing.

Delighted with that bounty of picks. Tonight's going to be interesting - I don't see us using all four but should see 2 or 3 players picked up. Gonna miss it though :(

Gonna miss it though :(

Dude, how or why is mister college football expert missing the draft? Kinda like Santa not being able to make Christmas.

Delighted with that bounty of picks. Tonight's going to be interesting - I don't see us using all four but should see 2 or 3 players picked up. Gonna miss it though :(

Down with this sort of thing.

TO. wrote: »
    Down with this sort of thing.

Good to see you're still with us bud.

Good to see you're still with us bud.

Phone and Tablet are set to this Pats thread only. Should keep me out of trouble until I start coaching in the Fall. Don't want to say something stupid on here and ruin that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

Looks like Corvus and TO got their wish with the 1st round pick trade. It was one sweet deal.

• Advertisement

Dude, how or why is mister college football expert missing the draft? Kinda like Santa not being able to make Christmas.

The missus is coming over. Might be able to catch bits of it, but haven't converted her to a full blown fan yet so the draft might be a bit boring for her! Will have her fully converted by October, don't you fellows worry :p

I'll be happy with a DE/DL, CB and WR tonight. Don't mind if we trade one of the picks. Technically, if you believe scouts, we already have a first round pick in Armstead so this is working out very well :)

The missus is coming over. Might be able to catch bits of it, but haven't converted her to a full blown fan yet so the draft might be a bit boring for her! Will have her fully converted by October, don't you fellows worry :p

If you're going for some Shock and Awe, just make sure it's football related.:D
    I'll be happy with a DE/DL, CB and WR tonight. Don't mind if we trade one of the picks. Technically, if you believe scouts, we already have a first round pick in Armstead so this is working out very well :)

I'd be happy with that selection too. Speaking of Armstead, did one of you guys put up some footage of him in the past? Because in my auld age, I can't seem to remember any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Here ya go, game over.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6EtkIibDU9sBWcmEVmpVzASS-r03r-MstNgWQOI-_ww_bcuLr

tumblr_m1b9lrOKqm1rpjwi7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ly96csfa7G1ql3evwo1_500.jpg

Nate-Ebner-Patriots-Rugby_Wrap_Up-500.jpg

And just in case she likes the big guys.

wilfork172346--300x300.jpg

She better be hot and as they say on the internet pics or gtfo. :D

I would also agree on those selections also and there is plenty of options left in the draft for us to grab.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Here ya go, game over.

And just in case she likes the big guys.

From your personal collection EE eh? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TO. wrote: »
    From your personal collection EE eh? :p
    Lmfao, I just googled them all and sexy.:D

Now we know why EE hasn't been posting much in thread lately, the fecking man's obviously exhausted.

* Flees thread *

Well this thread has taken a weird turn lol

Love the trade especially since they say there isn't supposed to be much difference between the 20-32 picks and the 33-64 picks.

I way prefer this:

Second round (52)
    Second round (59)
    Third round (83)
    Third round (91)
    Fourth round (102)
    Seventh round (226)
    Seventh round (229)
    Seventh round (235)

To:

1st round (29)
    Second round (59)
    Third round (91)
    Seventh round (229)
    Seventh round (235)

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lmfao, I just googled them all and sexy.:D

Things could get awkward when someone discovers "Sexy Vince Wilfork" in your google history! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

I'm torn over the trade. We obviously got loads of value for the pick, but the reason we got that sort of value is because Patterson should have been off the board long before that point. If WR wasn't such a position of need for us I'd be over the moon about it, but Patterson was such a top prospect that I'm going to wait and see how the rest of the picks go before fully making my mind up about the trade. I assume the Patriots war room was thinking somewhat along those lines too, hence why they got so many picks for #29.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement