Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Bill is trying to ship Demps. Apparently in discussion with a couple of teams to try trade him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Not much chance of it happening, but if we were able to go triple dip and pick up Marquess Wilson somehow, I'd be over the moon. Genuinely thought he was the best WR in college football entering the season, but the whole Mike Leach situation was a) unfair on him, and b) handled shockingly by Wilson. Would be willing to take a chance on him because talent wise, I still think he's the best of them all.

We just traded Jeff Demps + a 7th round pick for LeGarrette Blount :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Jesus Christ the Bucs were taken for a ride there. What does Kraft have on the Glazers?

Didn't see that coming. Makes for an interesting backfield in camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Delighted we got rid of Demps, but I don't think another RB was a particular need.

Delighted we got rid of Demps, but I don't think another RB was a particular need.

When the RB in question is Blount off course it is necessary. Dude has talent and the a rotation system in our backfield will keep all our backs fresh and ready to go We go from having a mediocre backfield in a long time to finally getting set with 2 quality youngsters to now having 4 solid backs. Ridley Vereen Washington and now Blount. Can't go wrong. Also means Washington will be fresh to return kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Getting anything at all for Demps is good going.

Blount has talent but by all accounts he is thick as two short planks. Buc's got frustrated with his complete inability to learn a play book.

But that being said he and a 7th rounder for a guy who isn't fully committed to football is a good bit of business.

TO. wrote: »
    When the RB in question is Blount off course it is necessary. Dude has talent and the a rotation system in our backfield will keep all our backs fresh and ready to go We go from having a mediocre backfield in a long time to finally getting set with 2 quality youngsters to now having 4 solid backs. Ridley Vereen Washington and now Blount. Can't go wrong. Also means Washington will be fresh to return kicks.

Nothing wrong with any of that, I just was factoring in Bolden instead of Blount when I made the earlier comment. Bolden was going so well last season and then the PE ban came along. Bill wasn't to pleased and he was virtaully benched when he came back. I reckon the hard competition will be between Bolden and Blount. But you're right, either way we will have a very good bunch of solid running backs.

• Advertisement

good article here about Boyce also:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4742808/rapid-reaction-wr-josh-boyce
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The Patriots entered the 2013 NFL draft with arguably their greatest need coming at wide receiver. Considering Bill Belichick had drafted only 10 receivers in his past 13 drafts -- and three of them were seventh-rounders, with another really more of a special-teams-only player -- one of the intriguing aspects of the draft was how Belichick would approach the position. The team's lack of success in drafting and developing receivers was an additional layer to the storyline.

In selecting Texas Christian receiver Josh Boyce in the fourth round, which followed up the selection of Marshall receiver Aaron Dobson in the second round, the Patriots now have two smart, athletic options to develop at the position.

It's been a challenge for rookie receivers to break through in the team's system, but Boyce and Dobson have some of the key traits and characteristics to potentially succeed. It starts with smarts. Similar to Dobson, that's one of Boyce's biggest assets, along with his combination of height (5-11), weight (206) and speed (4.38 in the 40-yard dash). He's a versatile receiver, but projects mostly to the outside.

All that said, there is a reason that prospects slip to the fourth round, and Boyce's drops and poor production against top competition were considered knocks against him. A foot injury also could have been a factor.

Still, when it comes to Boyce, there is upside because of his combination of physical gifts and smarts, and it will be up to the coaching staff -- and coach-on-the-field Tom Brady -- to cultivate it. The Patriots' receiver position is undergoing an overhaul, and in Dobson and Boyce, the Patriots have injected two of the most athletic receivers in the draft.

Solid moves from this perspective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Not surprising to see you guys snag TJ Moe - had the best shuttle and 3 cone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Really like the Moe, Grissom and Stankiewitch signings. They could work out well. This is all the ones I've come across so far.

TJ Moe, WR, Missouri

Zach Sudfeld, TE, Nevada

Cory Grissom, DT, South Florida

Matt Stankiewitch, OC, Penn State

Kenbrell Thompkins, WR, Cincinnati

Ryan Allen, P, Louisiana Tech

Quentin Hines, RB, Akron

Brandon Ford, TE, Clemson

Stephon Morris, CB, Penn State

Elvis Fisher, OT, Missouri

Chris McDonald, OG, Michigan State

Brandon Jones, CB, Rutgers

Josh Kline, OL, Kent State

Kanorris Davis, SS, Troy

Ben Bartholomew, FB, Tennessee

Dwayne Cherrington, DL, Mississippi State

eagle eye wrote: »
    Quentin Hines, RB, Akron

This kid's a bit of a freak. Remember reading about his pro day, he put up incredible numbers.
    Hines had an outstanding pro day at Akron, benching 225 for 24 reps, and performing a 42 1/2 inch vertical leap, an 11'1 broad jump, and running a 4.34 40- yard dash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Have to say, I'm pretty happy with all the moves over the weekend.

They made some good moves to adress areas of need and even got rid of a useless Demps for some potential backfield help.
    The question is though whether this spells the end for Bolden...

I can't see us keeping 5 backs on the active roster, and you'd have to imagine Ridley, Vereen and Washington being the main rotation of backs.

BizzyC wrote: »
    I can't see us keeping 5 backs on the active roster, and you'd have to imagine Ridley, Vereen and Washington being the main rotation of backs.

The competiton will be between Bolden and Blount for the final spot I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

I'm worried about the long term affects of the hit on Ridley. For that reason alone having a blount and Boldin there is a big plus.
    He cannot afford to take another hit like that in his career and in my opinion Pollard got away with it again.

When I think of blount I remember that TD he got against Green Bay a couple of seasons back.

rating the players that came in. obviously its way too soon to look at them, and I would take the ratings from the NFL with a pinch of salt given that so much of it is based on pro day and combine performances.
    the tape for all of them looks impressive.

Think Beuharnis (sic) could be a real find. Wil probably replace Koutvides or possibly white on the roster to begin with. Love the aggression in his game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I'm worried about the long term affects of the hit on Ridley. For that reason alone having a blount and Boldin there is a big plus.
    He cannot afford to take another hit like that in his career and in my opinion Pollard got away with it again.

When I think of blount I remember that TD he got against Green Bay a couple of seasons back.

rating the players that came in. obviously its way too soon to look at them, and I would take the ratings from the NFL with a pinch of salt given that so much of it is based on pro day and combine performances.
    the tape for all of them looks impressive.

Think Beuharnis (sic) could be a real find. Wil probably replace Koutvides or possibly white on the roster to begin with. Love the aggression in his game.

as much as I think Pollard is a dick, what did he get away with 'again'? His tackle on Gronk was legitimate, just his ankle rolled. He didnt even touch Welker, he was chasing him. And it was a legitimate tackle on Ridley. As far as I can make out now, Ridley would have been the one called for a flag due to leading with the head. It was one of those things that happen, but I dont blame Pollard for Ridley being injured.

I agree with your point though the Blount could be used as the heavy set option for the goal line packages for hitting hard thorugh the line, and leave Ridley and Vereen do the speed work.

IMO.

Pollards hit on Brady was no different from the hit Wilfork put on JP Losman.

Now I know Vince only got a 10k dollar fine but still they found it in their hearts to blame him for the injury to Losman.

I've looked at the hit on Ridley a couple of times now. I thought it was reckless at best. Like I said, I think that hit has the potential to derail a very promising career.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Pollard hit on Ridley. And you can take that from someone who coaches the game and has been in it over 10 years and done clinics in the US on tackling. Pollard breaks down into the right stance to iniate the tackle on Ridley. Rather than Ridley adjust his body to drop his shoulder on Pollard he drops his head right down and is nearly leading with the crown of his helmet. Ridley was 100% at fault in that hit. You are told as a tackler or ball carrier if you can't see what you are hitting you are doing it wrong or if you see green(grass) you are doing it wrong.

5PmAJv.png

As you can see by the pics Pollard is always looking forward and not once does he drop his head. His tackling stance is actually fairly clean also. Can't blame Pollard on this even if he is a knob end.

• Advertisement

As much as I don't like Pollard, the injury to Ridley was his own fault. Look at the slow mo and you can clearly see Ridley dropping his head before the impact. The crown of his helmet clearly strikes the right front/side of Pollards helmet. Here is the moment of impact..

8dRnTY.jpg

Now here's the gif of the impact...

ykpfikf.gif

Pretty obvious who's at fault, there is nothing wrong with Pollards body postion. His head is up and he was going to hit with the right shoulder before Ridley struck him with his crown of his helmet. If you ask me, Ridley was trying to flatten Pollard there. But that is also an instinctive reaction by many players, to try and bulldoze forward by dropping the head

Now look at Ridley's body postion and you can see why he knocked himself out. His eye's are down, the head was dropped low before the hit and we all seen the net result. He should have lead with his shoulder, but he didn't. Dropping his head was stupid and dangerous and as much as I don't like Pollard. I'm not going to blame him for what happened.

It also doesn't matter what RB is on the field or who you bring in. If a player drops his head so low that the point of impact is the crown of the helmet? Then he will sooner or later end up in serious trouble. Now if Ridley doen't learn from that, then he will be in trouble. But I think he will, so that coupled with the new rule changes will hopefully prevent a repetition of it happening again. Ridley knocked himself out of the game, it was a key turning point for us and he was just starting to motor before that.

TO, I see we almost made our posts at the same time there. :D

TO, I see we almost made our posts at the same time there. :D

Great minds and all that :D

I'm really excited about our new WR's Boyce and Dobson, we have been waiting years to draft guys like these. All going well, these guys could become something special. Both did really well in their Wonderlic scores and Bill has already praised their footballing brains. So hopefully they will absorb the complex playbook without to much difficulty. I also see that Boyce pumped out 22 reps during the bench press at the combine :eek:. That's phenomenal strenght for a WR.

Speaking of the combine, I see our new boy Jamie Collins set a new Broad Jump record, when he cleared 11 feet 7 inches :eek:. He also did a 41.5 inch vertical jump, which is just 1 inch below the record. Can't wait to see his athleticism in action on the field. With all the new WR talent arriving, it's also no surprise to see that Jeremy Ebert has now been released.

Yeah. Fair enough.

Never saw the angle where he dropped his head from behind pollard.
    I take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Jeremy Ebert, Malcolm Williams, Tony Fiametta, Brad Herman and Tracy Robertson all cut today.

The roster is now at 73, so there's room for another 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I love guys that beat adversity so when I read this I found a new young man that I want to succeed. It just fits that he was a udfa. Its long but its well worth the read.
    Kenbrell Thompkins is a former wide receiver at the University of Cincinnati and a former junior college All-American with scholarship offers from every top college program in the country. He’s also a former drug dealer, a former juvenile delinquent and a former stereotype of an African American male raised in a single parent home in one of America’s worst neighborhoods, Liberty City in Miami, Fla.
    Kenbrell Thompkins is a man of God and a father, who hasn’t been in trouble with the law since 2008. More than anything else, Kenbrell Thompkins is a man righting the wrongs of the adolescent he once was — a man trying, ever so desperately, to clear the final hurdle in an unlikely, uphill journey to the NFL.
    TOUGH TIMES IN TOUGHER PLACES
    “My mother raised six kids — five boys and one girl,” Thompkins said. “We were raised off of 61st Street and 12th Avenue. If you do the research on that street, it’s the home of the infamous John Doe Gang.”
    Led by Corey Smith, now a death-row inmate at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Dade County, Fla., the John Doe Gang was one of the largest drug syndicates in the country in the 1990s. The JDG operated as a poor man’s mafia, infamously known for executions, holding civilians hostage and bloody turf wars with rival drug runners during Thompkins’ childhood.
    With his mother working two jobs in order to support six children and his father not a constant in his life at the time, Thompkins’, and far too many other young men in Liberty City, was brought up in the streets — streets run by men like Corey Smith and the JDG.
    “I never really saw my mom that much, so everything I learned was from running the streets and adapting to what was going on around me,” Thompkins said. “Growing up in Miami, Fla. — in the area I grew up in — it was nothing but violence. Violence and drugs. I woke up to it and I went to sleep to it, so I thought that was the right thing to do and I ended up getting adapted to it. It became second nature to me.”
    The overall lack of guidance nearly cost Thompkins his life at age 7, when he accidentally shot himself in the arm while playing with a handgun. If the gun discharged at a slightly higher angle, he’d likely have suffered a fatal wound to the chest.
    By his teens, Thompkins was consumed by a lifestyle forged from a lack of guidance and the violence he was born into.
    “Middle school was when I started hanging with the wrong crowd and doing things that I shouldn’t be doing, as far as selling drugs, smoking marijuana, stealing and picking fights — thinking it was the right thing to do at the time.”
    By his 19th birthday, Thompkins was arrested seven times, three of which were drug related. But through all the tumultuous hardships, drugs and arrests, he somehow managed to keep football in his life.
    “I always played football growing up,” Thompkins said. “It was the sport that I always loved. It was the sport that my mom always had her kids participate in and I learned early on that I was very good at it.”
    Thompkins attended Miami Northwest High School, a national football powerhouse, where he bounced back and forth between playing the sport he loved and being expelled.
    After starting as a freshman, Thompkins was academically ineligible to play as a sophomore and was later expelled for violating school policy. He was allowed to re-enroll prior to his junior football season, only to be expelled again later in the year.
    Thompkins managed to stay out of trouble for the rest of his junior year, which he spent at an alternative school. He re-enrolled at Northwest for the third time prior to his senior year and finished his high school football career. Not long after the season concluded, Thompkins was expelled for the third time, after being arrested on armed robbery charges.
    Shortly afterward, Thompkins — 18 years old — was arrested for the seventh time in a three year span. He served a 28-day jail sentence for possession of cocaine with the intent to sell.
    Since leaving jail after his sentence, Thompkins hasn’t been in any trouble with the law — no arrests, no drugs. Not even a parking ticket.
    THE AWAKENING
    For many of its young men, there are only three ways out of Liberty City. In Miami’s most violent neighborhood, football is often the only positive departure. Handcuffs or a coffin are the other options.
    Despite hailing from the same neighborhood that produced the likes of Chad Ochocinco, Melvin Bratton and Antonio Bryant, Thompkins never viewed his athletic ability as a way out of the darkness he’d been surrounded by since his youth.
    Shadowed by a rap sheet with seven arrests and an association with drugs, Thompkins was barely recruited coming out of high school. His only scholarship offer was from Morgan State University. Although he signed a letter of intent to play for Morgan while serving a 21-day sentence in juvenile hall for his armed robbery charge, Thompkins never reported to the university, and his NCAA eligibility clock never started.
    Everything changed when his younger brother Kendall received a scholarship to play receiver at the University of Miami, a moment Thompkins refers to as one of the most important days of his life.
    “When he [Kendall] earned that scholarship to the University of Miami, it did something to me,” Thompkins said. “Growing up he always looked up to me to guide him and steer him the right way and, as much wrong as I’ve done by running the streets and getting into trouble and going to jail, he never did that. He never chose the route I chose; he stayed in school and earned a scholarship.”
    Inspired by his brother’s success, Thompkins made the decision to abandon the streets that created the troubled boy he used to be, and dedicated himself to football, the game that made him the man he is today.
    After a year out of football, Thompkins decided to leave Liberty City in pursuit of a chance at the junior college level. Because Thompkins was still on two years’ probation, he needed the approval of a judge to leave the state of Florida.
    Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy gave Thompkins the opportunity he needed, the permission to leave all he’d ever known behind — a chance to leave the darkness and find the light.
    “It’s always good when you give a kid like Kenbrell, whose seen nothing but violence and drugs in his life, a chance and they come back later on down the road to thank you,” Murphy said. “Helping troubled kids like Kenbrell get their lives back on track and make the most of opportunities is what has kept me doing this job all of these years.”
    FINDING THE LIGHT
    “That’s when I went to junior college and God made miracles for me,” Thompkins said. “[Junior College] is where I found my way with God and put my faith in the Bible and started reading about it each and every day.”
    Thompkins enrolled at Palomar Community College in San Marcos, Calif. in the spring of 2008, before transferring to El Camino Community College in Torrance, Calif. to play football in the fall.
    Finally away from the demons that followed him in Liberty City, Thompkins was able to devote himself to football for the first time in his life.
    “I made sure I put it [the dream of playing in NFL] first in my life every day,” Thompkins said. “I went to El Camino to make sure I did well in school, to make sure I lived right [and] to make sure I did whatever it takes to prove to the world that my past doesn’t define the man I am today. I went to El Camino on a mission.”
    Thompkins quickly burst onto the scene under the tutelage of legendary junior college coach John Featherstone. With 1,032 yards receiving and nine touchdowns in 2008, Thompkins earned All-American honors as a freshman. More importantly, he maintained above a 3.0 GPA and avoided any legal troubles.
    The nation’s elite football programs quickly took note of Thompkins’ meteoric rise. Florida was the first major program to offer Thompkins a scholarship. Most of college football’s upper-echelon followed suit. Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, California, Florida State, Kansas State, LSU, Oklahoma, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas Tech and UCLA all pursued Thompkins by the end of his sophomore season at El Camino.
    As a sophomore at El Camino, Thompkins was voted team captain and awarded the No. 1 jersey, which is the highest honor an El Camino player can receive. No.1 is awarded in honor of former tight end Devin Adair to the player that best demonstrated Adair’s qualities: leadership, courage, commitment and an unselfish concern for team ahead of one’s self.
    Thompkins lived up to the billing, hauling in more than 1,000 yards receiving for the second year in a row. He left El Camino as the school’s all-time leader in receiving yards.
    Thompkins wasted little time in choosing the next stop of his journey. Persuaded by the Volunteers’ impressive performance against No.1 Alabama and enticed by the chance to continue his career alongside his El Camino quarterback and roommate Matt Simms, Thompkins signed a letter of intent to play for the University of Tennessee. Volunteer head coach Lane Kiffin, who had become an adored father figure for Thompkins, was the biggest factor in his commitment.
    NEW CHALLENGES ARISE
    While back in Liberty City preparing to pack up for Knoxville, Tenn., Thompkins — who graduated early from El Camino — was presented with yet another hurdle.
    “I remember I was in my car with my nephew when the Lane Kiffin story came across on ESPN and I was in shock that he was leaving,” he said.
    Before Thompkins and Simms ever arrived on campus at Tennessee, Kiffin bolted for the sandy beaches and higher pay rates of the University of Southern California.
    With Kiffin gone, Thompkins made the difficult decision to leave Simms and Tennessee. Thompkins was allowed to leave UT, with the stipulation that he could not attend another university in the South Eastern Conference. He would not be released from his letter of intent, which meant he’d likely be forced to sit out one year at whichever university he chose to play for — and there was a possibility he’d lose an entire year of eligibility.
    Thompkins then decided on the Oklahoma Sooners, where he was to be given a scholarship once he enrolled and was officially released from Tennessee. That too never materialized, as Oklahoma has a strict policy against admitting students with a lengthy history of legal troubles. Despite nearly two years without a run-in with the police, Thompkins’ past was haunting him once again.
    With little time remaining before spring practice, the No.1 rated junior college receiver in America found himself without a home. However, opportunity knocked in the form of a phone call from an NFL family member.
    “My cousin, Antonio Brown, who plays for the Pittsburg Steelers, played for Central Michigan under Butch Jones,” Thompkins said. “He asked me how I would feel about attending the University of Cincinnati and playing for his former coach. I decided to call coach Jones, they brought me on a visit and I ended up committing on the spot.”
    Like the rest of his journey, Thompkins’ time at UC wouldn’t go as planned.
    Thompkins immediately worked his way toward the front of a receiving-corps that included future NFL players Armon Binns and DJ Woods. Unfortunately, he was informed late in the summer that he’d have to wait a year to showcase his talents.
    Because Tennessee would not release him from his letter of intent and the national letter of intent appeals committee denied his request to become immediately eligible, Thompkins was informed that he’d have to sit out the 2010 season — just two days prior to UC departing for camp. However, because of the unique circumstances surrounding his de-commitment from Tennessee, he was not stripped of a year of eligibility.
    Thompkins viewed the redshirt season as an opportunity and immediately went to work, on and off the field. He earned a 3.9 GPA in his first quarter at UC, spent extra time in the weight room nearly every day and, most importantly, stayed out of trouble. Three full years clear of any legal issues, Thompkins no longer resembled the troubled teen he had been.
    “When you look at him and you talk to him, he doesn’t look like what he’s been through,” said Antrione Archer, director of player development at UC. “When I first met him he still had a little rough around the edges, but you could tell he was in the process of really finding his identity and being comfortable with the man that he was becoming.”
    Thompkins missed the entire summer of his junior season with a nagging right leg injury, which severely hampered his speed and overall performance in 2011.
    On Aug. 17, 2011, less than a month before Thompkins was set to make his debut for UC, his life was changed forever with the birth of his first child, Kenbrell Thompkins II.
    “He’s more motivation for me each and every day,” Thompkins said. “When he was born, it really woke me up and I knew it was really time to step up and be a man. God has really blessed me, and fortunately he blessed me with a son, someone I have to look at every day and to give me the reason to live right and do right.”
    Thompkins was able to return to action for UC’s first game of 2011, scoring a touchdown in the Bearcats’ 44-14 rout of North Carolina State. Because he missed the entire summer, Thompkins never reached full fitness in 2011. By the time he began to reach full strength, UC starting quarterback Zach Collaros had gone down for the season with a broken ankle. He finished his junior season with 536 yards, two touchdowns and no legal issues.
    Thompkins — described by teammates as a leader on and off the field as a senior — was finally able to showcase his talents in week three of the 2012 season. With UC facing perennial power Virginia Tech in a nationally televised game, Thompkins dominated the Hokies’ man-coverage schemes. He hauled in seven catches for 134 yards, including a game-changing 37-yard touchdown. UC defeated Va. Tech 27-24.
    Unfortunately for Thompkins, the remainder of UC’s season was plagued by inconsistent quarterback play and, after a mid-season quarterback switch, Cincinnati’s offense became significantly more run-based. Thompkins ended his senior season with 541 yards and two touchdowns. He graduated from UC in December 2012.
    “His numbers don’t tell the true story of his talent,” Archer said. “He can play.”
    THE FINAL HURDLE
    Regardless of Thompkins’ numbers, which were restricted by things outside of his control throughout his UC career, he still possesses the talent of an NFL receiver.
    Thompkins was selected to play in the Texas vs. The Nation game and received an invitation to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.
    Thompkins stood out on the first day of practice at the Texas vs. The Nation game, shining in a group of wide receivers described by former University of Miami head coach Howard Schnellenburger as an extremely talented group.
    Despite not cracking the top five receiver rankings in any particular drill at the combine, Thompkins impressed scouts with a solid workout and extremely precise rout running skills.
    Depending on the source, Thompkins is projected as anywhere from a fifth-round draft pick to an undrafted free agent. Despite more than five years with no legal troubles and no indication of the behaviors of his former life, several NFL scouts remain hesitant about Thompkins because of possible character issues.
    Archer, who spent a significant amount of one-on-one time with Thompkins at UC, doesn’t believe an NFL team could find a higher character player in the draft than Thompkins.
    “He’s not a character issue at all,” Archer said. “If anything he’s an inspiration. I’m getting goose bumps just talking about it. For him to overcome everything and have this opportunity, he’s not a guy that has issues any team should worry about.”
    As far as Thompkins is concerned, overcoming the reputation left behind by the actions of his past is the final objective of the mission he began at El Camino college five years ago.
    “To this day, my vision hasn’t changed, but to this day I’m still stereotyped,” Thompkins said. “I haven’t been arrested or in any trouble with the law since 2008, but I’m still stereotyped over my past. It’s something I have no control over, but I’m here today to tell you that the man I once was is no longer standing here. The person I am today is a humble guy, a guy that is willing to learn and a guy that is willing to do whatever it takes to live right and prove the world wrong.”
    Thompkins has scheduled workouts with the Miami Dolphins, the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Cincinnati Bengals in the coming weeks.
    In his own words, “Kenbrell Thompkins has everything to prove.”
    http://www.newsrecord.org/sports/article_32f369fa-974f-11e2-83c2-0019bb30f31a.html

Just looking at the TJ Moe signing and the more I look at the guy, the more I like. At 5'11" and 204Lbs, he's a bigger, faster and stronger version of Wes. Done really well in his Wonderlic score, which suggest he has brain cells for the Pats playbook. He pumped out a phenomenal 26 reps :eek: during the bench press at the combine. The higest amongst all WR's, but his 40 Yard dash wasn't great. His 3 cone drill was excellent though. I didn't realise he was a team captain also, which is something Bill always likes to see.

• Advertisement

I see the Pats have now terminated the contract of Brian Waters, from the Reserve/Did Not Report list. He's now a free agent and good riddance to the príck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement