Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Another wonderful skill from Brady that often goes unsung.

Remember this piece of history? Picture quality is a bit crap, but you all know the play.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

My favourite moment of recent years.... hard to look beyond 45-3 on Monday Night Football back in 2011 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

For me it was the 1990 season when I got into the Pats. It was week 15 versus the Redskins in foxboro when I went from having a slight interest in the redskins due to getting the jersey from an uncle to then watching the underdog the Patriots in that Red jersey and white helmet with Pat Patriot logo. My love for the underdog turned me that season into a full blown Pats fan and Football fan. I think it was channel 4 at the time who showed the highlights of it.

Here is some footage of the 1990 season against the Seahags. We were sh1t but look at those awesome uniforms and helmets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

One of my fave clips ever, everything that being a Patriot is all about right there

Another one, great drive

This is one of my fondest memories

• Advertisement

One just for the fans. Nothing beats a TD celebration, like a Pats TD celebration in the December snow.:D

Was a big fan of that tackle by Watson on Bailey that was posted earlier that was on my list :D Also this also from another big guy. Dan Connolly's return against the Pack. As a lineman this warms my heart :D

The 1996 Season also for me was a season I remember so well for two reasons. The Patriots making Super Bowl XXXI and my two favorite Quarterbacks at the time going head to head Favre and Bledsoe. It was also a season full of now NFL legends.

I see Brian Hoyer was answering questions after the Browns OTA's and he was asked what it was like being Brady's backup.
    "In my opinion, [Brady's] the best," Hoyer said. "I got to see how he approaches things, how he runs the team, how strict he is on himself and really holds himself to the highest standard. I've seen what it takes to be the best and every time I go out on the field, I try to do the same."
    What he said on Belichick and the Pats organisation...
    "Playing for that organization, you learn football the right way," he said. "I learned so much there, way more there in my first year than I ever learned in my whole football career leading up to that. So you definitely learn a lot about football and not just offense, but also defense, situational football, things like that."
    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/05/cleveland_browns_otas.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hoyer was always a nice guy, I hope things go well for him in Cleveland.

Speaking of Brady's punt earlier on in thread who could forget Doug Flutie's last action in the NFL retiring with the Pats.

• Advertisement

^ ^ ^

Forgot about that, what is it with the Pats QB's and their expert kicking abilities. :D

Looking back at the OTA's this week, the no show by Spikes was a strange one I found. The other player absent was Bolden. It might be early to say this, but I have a gut feeling Blount will be edging out Bolden for a roster place at the end of camp.

On a positive note, Amendola looked real speedy and shifty running routes. And on Tuesday, our rookie Aaron Dobson made the play of the day. Making a fine catch in traffic down the sidelines.

* drools in anticipation *

Chandler Jones has packed on an extra 10 pounds of muscle mass that he targetted in the offseason. He now weighs in at 270.
    “I had a great offseason. I put on a lot of weight, a lot of muscle actually,” Jones said during an interview with Patriots Football Weekly. “My biggest thing wasn’t just putting on weight. Some guys will put on weight and they’ll run slower. I feel like I really haven’t missed a step with the 10 pounds added. The weight was good. It’s muscle mass.”

“Being more familiar with the calls. For a call to be called and me to know it like the back of my hand,” Jones said. “So, if I was to hear a call, boom I’d be right there — be ready. Not just on the field, but off the field. Just having the film study and things of that nature.”

He says all of that work should help him make an even bigger impact on the field this season. In fact, he’s not ruling out a J.J. Watt-type jump in production.

“I feel like a lot of that production comes from guys being more familiar with the game,” Jones said. “You go into your rookie year, and your rookie year you get those pregame jitters. Now, I’m going into sophomore, you’re more fluid and more comfortable even communicating with guys next to you. Less thinking and more just green light — going. So, I’m excited to attack this Year 2.”

http://nesn.com/2013/05/chandler-jones-added-weight-in-offseason-says-patriots-fans-should-expect-19-sacks/

He seems hungry and really focussed....

7sjYSs.gif

Chandler Jones has packed on an extra 10 pounds of muscle mass that he targetted in the offseason. He now weighs in at 270.

http://nesn.com/2013/05/chandler-jones-added-weight-in-offseason-says-patriots-fans-should-expect-19-sacks/

He seems hungry and really focussed....

Posh Seal has something to say in response to Corvus salivating over a muscly 270 pound guy.

ultra-gay-seal-mem-like-a-sir-homosexual.png

TO. wrote: »
    Posh Seal has something to say in response to Corvus salivating over a muscly 270 pound guy.

ultra-gay-seal-mem-like-a-sir-homosexual.png

4Ed7Qj.jpg

Try reading that without doing De Niro's voice :D

In all seriousness though its good to see Jones try put himself into the elite Rushers by bulking himself up to beast mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So back surgery now for Gronkowski. Shame to see such a talented player so injury prone. He's had long-term problems with his back as well which is a worry.

Despite reports from some sources, for me there is no such thing as 'minor' back surgery. Things can get very complicated, very quickly when working on the spine. Quite often surgical intervention can and does make matters worse. So Gronks second back surgery is a worry. The fact that it's also a different site that his previous surgery, is also very worrying.

At this stage I seriously hope the Pats will be realistic and forget about getting Gronk back before the first 6 games of the season. Personnally I would target the Steelers game on November 3rd (Week 9). The week after is a bye week, so it would give Gronk a chance to get some play time under his belt followed that extra rest week. Taking the cautious approach is the only game in town now imo.

Reports from OTA's that Ridley and Vereen have packed on some serious beef.

Speaking of Ridley, love the visor he was wearing yesterday.

8iEvE3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Despite reports from some sources, for me there is no such thing as 'minor' back surgery. Things can get very complicated, very quickly when working on the spine. Quite often surgical intervention can and does make matters worse. So Gronks second back surgery is a worry. The fact that it's also a different site that his previous surgery, is also very worrying.

At this stage I seriously hope the Pats will be realistic and forget about getting Gronk back before the first 6 games of the season. Personnally I would target the Steelers game on November 3rd (Week 9). The week after is a bye week, so it would give Gronk a chance to get some play time under his belt followed that extra rest week. Taking the cautious approach is the only game in town now imo.

You're 100% on the mark here. Back surgery is never 'minor' often you can repair the damage but some people never have the same flexibility or movement again.

The best thing here IMO would be to sit him out for a while and take it easy. If you rush him back it could finish him but because Gronk is a beast I trust he can and will come back he just needs to give his body more time to recover now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, never want to mess with a back injury.

We wont need him during the regular season, sure it'd help to have him there but, we'll make the playoffs without him.

I dont mind if they barely play him till week 17, as long as he's available in the playoff run.

I see rookie T.J. Moe has torn his Achilles and will be having surgery next week :(. Pretty píssed of because he's a promising young talent and he would have been the natural replacement for Amendola if he got injured. What is it with our jinxed receivng corp.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭resdubwhite

Reports that Dennard was carted off today.

Christ on a bike.

Aside from knowing Dennard hurt his shoulder, there has been no further reports about it. It apparently looked very nasty though which is worrying. Dennard's a great kid, became a starter last season and could have a huge year 2 jump. Providing the gods above can have him ready in time. :(

Must be the hardest OTA's in memory for Brady. The receivng corp were dropping more balls on Tuesday, than knickers in a Texas Whore House.
    To put it in context, the most experienced receiver he has right now is Ridley. Who has the grand total of 9 career receptions with Brady.

Crazy when you think about it. If he gets these guys in shape for September and racks up the stats he normally does? Then it would be nothing short of phenomenal imo.

On the defensive side, Ras I Dowling has stood out on quite a few plays. Of course the key is will he be healthy come September?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

On the defensive side, Ras I Dowling has stood out on quite a few plays. Of course the key is will he be healthy come September?

It would be a nice unexpected bonus, if Dowling could stay healthy and become the player we thought he would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

Tebow! Ha!

PS: I'm a Pats fan, not trolling. I just find it hilarious.

Brilliant move. Been saying it a while now. Somebody needs to fix him and why not the Pats. Low risk as fans wont chant for him and he gets to learn from a great coach and QB. He may actually turn into a proper QB now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

At least we won't have to deal with idiots saying Tebow deserves to start. Tim can sit on the sidelines and learn from one of the best in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Surely Tebow deserves to start ahead of Brady :P

In all seriousness delighted that he has found a team. Knowing Bellichek & the Pats I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to flip him for some picks in 2 years time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Surely this will be Montana-Young for a new generation? ;)

As if this forum needed another reason to go into hyperdrive. Will Tebow bridge the love gap here for the Pats?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement