Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Because there have been 1,000s of QB's who have had huge issues with being a QB and never made it. Now some where down to not working hard enough while others worked an incredible amount and still never made it. What sets Tebow apart? I can only assume it's his amazing work ethic. Hopefully EagleEye can clarify that. Tebow isn't the first QB to come into NFL with terrible mechancis, and inability to read defenses and all around poor skills to succeed as a QB. None of those QB's ever make it, wondering why Tebow will be the exception.

Tebow has tremendous work ethic is what EE is saying i'm guessing. The Broncos and Jets did fook all to try fix Tebow and develop him as a NFL QB. Some guys come in from college and start straight off the bat and they fail miserably because they truly never developed enough to make that jump up to the Pros. In some cases some guys developed better stewing on the bench and were then after a few seasons able to make that step up. Aaron Rodgers being example.

If Tebow can ever make it as a NFL QB now is the time since his move to the Pats. Now this all depends on the Pats seeing him as a long term option and giving him time to develop and then Tebow doing all the other hardwork to fix his issues that are fixable. If all of the ingredients don't come together it is safe to say he is done. But until then he has an opportunity to prove everyone wrong. How he decides to use this opportunity is on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

TO. wrote: »
    Tebow has tremendous work ethic is what EE is saying i'm guessing. The Broncos and Jets did fook all to try fix Tebow and develop him as a NFL QB. Some guys come in from college and start straight off the bat and they fail miserably because they truly never developed enough to make that jump up to the Pros. In some cases some guys developed better stewing on the bench and were then after a few seasons able to make that step up. Aaron Rodgers being example.

If Tebow can ever make it as a NFL QB now is the time since his move to the Pats. Now this all depends on the Pats seeing him as a long term option and giving him time to develop and then Tebow doing all the other hardwork to fix his issues that are fixable. If all of the ingredients don't come together it is safe to say he is done. But until then he has an opportunity to prove everyone wrong. How he decides to use this opportunity is on him.

So Josh McDaniels who did **** all to try and fix him will now suddenly do it? I think Denver tried to fix him, but just realised he could never be fixed. Pats will soon realise the same. Lots of QBs who had tremendous works ethics never made it, I'm wondering why EE thinks Tebow is different. It seems to me he thinks he has better work ethic than everyone who's ever not made it in the NFL. If he Tebow is such a hard worker I'm sure he has been getting outside coaching help all the time, yet it seems to have done nothing for him.

So Josh McDaniels who did **** all to try and fix him will now suddenly do it?

Oh I forgot Josh makes up the whole Pats coaching staff silly me.
    I think Denver tried to fix him,

Probably but one season behind Orton was hardly going to be a quick fix and lets face it McDaniels as a HC can't focus on 1 player. The Broncos went what 4-12 hardly the best place to groom a guy with issues.
    but just realised he could never be fixed.

How did McDaniels come to that realisation when he was fooked out? And only had Tebow for 1 season?
    Pats will soon realise the same.

Crystal ball time. If they do they do but until it happens its a matter of opinion not fact and that is the biggest problem with these debates. Folk writing him off saying he is done and using their opinion as the facts.

I'm wondering why EE thinks Tebow is different. It seems to me he thinks he has better work ethic than everyone who's ever not made it in the NFL. If he Tebow is such a hard worker I'm sure he has been getting outside coaching help all the time, yet it seems to have done nothing for him.

Ah here he never said Tebow has a better work ethic than everyone else. Also your reasons to try twist his words to spell out what you are saying is nonsense. It is common knowledge he has a solid work ethic. Every player and coach that has talked about him from High school through college and now pros has said so. But no one is saying he has a better work ethic than everyone else.

Everyone else in this equation is irrelevant anyways as the Pats took Tebow not everyone else. The counter points being put across at this point are getting hilarious. Try find any hole to make a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Belichick 101

4KTi83.jpg

6t4DmU.jpg

7n4YTE.jpg

6AKkVp.jpg

5kT7tC.jpg

6e7s9E.jpg

5eVGEs.jpg

8eGRSJ.jpg

7gRLQe.jpg

57cv9Y.jpg

82c79B.jpg

5fBGQK.jpg

I'd have thought he'd be a pretty important piece. clearly not, obviously all the other coaching staff will be dedicating 100% of their time to make Tebow better. ;)

Probably but one season behind Orton was hardly going to be a quick fix and lets face it McDaniels as a HC can't focus on 1 player. The Broncos went what 4-12 hardly the best place to groom a guy with issues.

Pats won't be a great place either, he'll get no game time and I remember Brady saying he liked to take all the reps in training as well. Not to mention being bheind Mallet as well.

How did McDaniels come to that realisation when he was fooked out? And only had Tebow for 1 season?

McDaniels didn't, Denver did. That's why they got rid of Tebow.

Crystal ball time. If they do they do but until it happens its a matter of opinion not fact and that is the biggest problem with these debates. Folk writing him off saying he is done and using their opinion as the facts.

Of course it's an opinion, I honestly didn't realise I needed to clarify that.

Ah here he never said Tebow has a better work ethic than everyone else. Also your reasons to try twist his words to spell out what you are saying is nonsense. It is common knowledge he has a solid work ethic. Every player and coach that has talked about him from High school through college and now pros has said so. But no one is saying he has a better work ethic than everyone else.

This is what EE said
    I have always felt that he has too much in the way of work ethic, determination and self-belief for him not to make it.

I'm jsut wondering what he thinks Tebow has that lots of other QBs didn't - is it work ethic, determination or self-belief? Maybe a combination of all three.

Everyone else in this equation is irrelevant anyways as the Pats took Tebow not everyone else. The counter points being put across at this point are getting hilarious. Try find any hole to make a point.

The counter-point that he has gotten lots of coaching and he's still not improved is hilarious? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

McDaniels drafted Tebow and claimed he was the best thing since sliced bread - drafting Tebow cost an arm and a leg and seriously undermined the Broncos roster.
    McDaniels said that he would personally 'fix' Tebow's faults - he claimed that Adam Gase and Mike McCoy would be working on 'fixing' Tebow's faults (Gase would be working 'full-time' on it as QB coach). McDaniel's welcomed a variety of private QB coaches all of whom claimed to have 'fixed' Tebow's faults.

Tebow was the third string QB at Denver - everyone bent over backwards to help him improve his mechanics, his footwork and his ability to read defences. None of it worked.

The private QB coaches hired all blamed Denver, all blamed each other, later they all blamed the Jets and now we have a string of coaches (Carlson, Gile, Weinke) who have all claimed to have worked on Tebow over the past three months and all claim to have 'fixed' Tebow.

The problem is that once Tebow gets into a game situation the 'fixes' go out the window. He cannot adapt - he cannot change - he is a one trick pony.

I'd have thought he'd be a pretty important piece. clearly not, obviously all the other coaching staff will be dedicating 100% of their time to make Tebow better. ;)

To be honest now you are just being ridiculous. You make a stupid point about McDaniels doing it solo. I tell you he is not the only piece of the coaching staff and now you respond with this nonsense.
    Pats won't be a great place either, he'll get no game time and I remember Brady saying he liked to take all the reps in training as well. Not to mention being bheind Mallet as well.

As someone who coaches and someone whol will be joining a decent sized HS program this made me laugh out loud and again is nothing short of ridiculous.

McDaniels didn't, Denver did. That's why they got rid of Tebow.

You just keep moving those goalposts. You said McDaniels at first and wasn't he the focus of your last post? Good man.
    Of course it's an opinion, I honestly didn't realise I needed to clarify that.

Yes but your opinion is just that an opinion. You are clearly just trying to get a rise out of EE by misquoting him.

I'm jsut wondering what he thinks Tebow has that lots of other QBs didn't - is it work ethic, determination or self-belief? Maybe a combination of all three.

Again where does this show EE said he was better than every other QB?

The counter-point that he has gotten lots of coaching and he's still not improved is hilarious? :confused:

He has joined one of the best teams in the league with one of the best coaching staff in the league and has been given an opportunity to better himself. Simple as. If you think he is already a write off so be it. Many believe like myself Tebow has been given a new chance to prove himself on one of the best organisations and better himself. If it fails no worries it was low risk to begin with. But we all get it you and Jolly think Tebow is a failure no matter what the debate is so whats the point you even bothering in the first place.

Lots of denver crap and I hate Tim Tebow stuff I care less about.

No offense but you made your feelings known on the subject more than enough and it would be waste of my time to even bother debating McDaniels or Tebow with you anymore.

Some good news from yesterday, Dennard was out on the side field with other rehabbing players. So hopefully the shoulder injury he suffered last week isn't as bad as it looked. Worringly though, Dobson joined Boyce on the sidelines. Boyce is recovering from the foot injury, but why Dobson was there isn't clear yet. I hope he's not yet another injured WR. It's a vital time of the year now for rookies and these guys are missing key reps which sn't good. Still no shape our substance to our receiving corp, which is a big worry.

Amendola is looking good, but I'm already factoring in an injury spell for him in 2013, so who steps in? I might be a bit pessimistic, but fail to prepare, then prepare to fail. Losing Moe was a blow because he would have been good cover. So I don't know about you guys but I'm getting worried about our WR's. The last thing we want is a bunch of journeymen JAGs taking up roster spots.

To be honest now you are just being ridiculous. You make a stupid point about McDaniels doing it solo. I tell you he is not the only piece of the coaching staff and now you respond with this nonsense.

I didn't say McDaniels would do it solo, but I would expect him to have a big hand in it. Clearly the rest was sarcasm, was it that difficult to figure out? I'm sure there will be plenty of coaches on hand to help him, just like there has been for the whole time Tebow has been in the NFL - either ones on teams he played for or his own personel ones. None of them have ever been able to do anything decent with him.

As someone who coaches and someone whol will be joining a decent sized HS program this made me laugh out loud and again is nothing short of ridiculous.

lol - the old reliable "I coach so I am an expert line" from yourself. :pac:
    You just keep moving those goalposts. You said McDaniels at first and wasn't he the focus of your last post? Good man.

I never said McDaniels. This is what I said originally
    I think Denver tried to fix him, but just realised he could never be fixed.

Not sure why you are having trouble understanding the Denver part. It clearly refers to Denver, not McDaniels. Denver realised they couldn't fix Tebow so they got rid of him.

Yes but your opinion is just that an opinion. You are clearly just trying to get a rise out of EE by misquoting him.

And so is EE. I'm assuming he must think Tebow has some superior skills to the majority of Qbs that come into the league in either work-ethic, belief or determination. I'm wonderign why that is. Fair enough he might not think he is literally the best ever worker but he must believe he is one of the best.

He has joined one of the best teams in the league with one of the best coaching staff in the league and has been given an opportunity to better himself. Simple as. If you think he is already a write off so be it. Many believe like myself Tebow has been given a new chance to prove himself on one of the best organisations and better himself. If it fails no worries it was low risk to begin with. But we all get it you and Jolly think Tebow is a failure no matter what the debate is so whats the point you even bothering in the first place.

Of course I think he is a failure, I've watched him play.

• Advertisement

lol - the old reliable "I coach so I am an expert line" from yourself. :pac:

Experience is key to being an expert in anything surely. Having a working knowledge of the sport is also key I would have thought. From a standpoint of coaching and player development my experience is definitely key even on how a program works I have been around a fair few to know. Got to laugh at folk who use that against me. Talk about nonsense. From what you said this stands true and to be honest half the nonsense you have spouted in here I stand by my knowledge over yours. You clearly have no idea how a football program works whether it is high school college or pro. The part I quoted proves that to be true.

Not surprised you came into this thread. Surprised you haven't mentioned spygate yet. Simple fact is the debate with you or Jolly is waste because you clearly dont like Tebow so no matter what is said you will clearly just roll back down the road of he is crap the end. I never liked Tebow as a QB and but do believe with the right coaching and team he can be fixed but you see unlike you I can stand behind my working knowledge of the game. I'm not going to write him off just yet. But hey you keep banging that nonsense drum of yours and making it up as a you go a long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

Gronkastic wrote: »
    In fairness, where in that post you highlighted, did EE actually mention 'the hardest working QB ever'? confused.png

Because there have been 1,000s of QB's who have had huge issues with being a QB and never made it. Now some where down to not working hard enough while others worked an incredible amount and still never made it. What sets Tebow apart? I can only assume it's his amazing work ethic. Hopefully EagleEye can clarify that. Tebow isn't the first QB to come into NFL with terrible mechancis, and inability to read defenses and all around poor skills to succeed as a QB. None of those QB's ever make it, wondering why Tebow will be the exception.

Oh look, shock horror, you never answered my question. Quoting something EE never said.:rolleyes:

The only downer about the Tebow move was, was oh you just knew the shít stirrers and trolls would creep back into the thread.

Simple fact is the debate with you or Jolly is waste because you clearly dont like Tebow so no matter what is said you will clearly just roll back down the road of he is crap the end. I never liked Tebow as a QB and but do believe with the right coaching and team he can be fixed but you see unlike you I can stand behind my working knowledge of the game.
    I actually do like Tebow - I appreciate that he is a fantastic athlete - I thoroughly enjoyed the edge-of-the-seat last minute comebacks and wins from two years ago - I rooted for Tebow to make a success of the NFL. None of this was ever the issue.

The problem is that Tebow has not and will never become an NFL QB - after two years with Denver and seeing everything he was doing and was capable of - that is clear.

You on the other hand have never liked Tebow but feel the necessity to come on here and attmept to ridicule people who actually have some knowledge of Tebow and his abilities after watching him in action (both training camp and regular season) for two years.

The Pats now have Tebow - my guess is that he will be cut during pre-season and the Pats will pocket the money from the jersey sales (not saying that's why they signed him - can't actually figure that one out - but it will be a nice payout for having to deal with the Tebowmania cr*p). In the meantime I will allow myself to be slightly amused as BB and others attempt to deal with the hype.

Experience is key to being an expert in anything surely. Having a working knowledge of the sport is also key I would have thought. From a standpoint of coaching and player development my experience is definitely key even on how a program works I have been around a fair few to know. Got to laugh at folk who use that against me. Talk about nonsense. From what you said this stands true and to be honest half the nonsense you have spouted in here I stand by my knowledge over yours. You clearly have no idea how a football program works whether it is high school college or pro. The part I quoted proves that to be true.

Not surprised you came into this thread. Surprised you haven't mentioned spygate yet. Simple fact is the debate with you or Jolly is waste because you clearly dont like Tebow so no matter what is said you will clearly just roll back down the road of he is crap the end. I never liked Tebow as a QB and but do believe with the right coaching and team he can be fixed but you see unlike you I can stand behind my working knowledge of the game. I'm not going to write him off just yet. But hey you keep banging that nonsense drum of yours and making it up as a you go a long.

Experience doesn't make you an expert though. Not surprised you are throwing the toys out the pram, you always do it when someone argues with you. I've no doubt soon you'll close your account (yet again) and then be back (yet again). Why bother? I've never rated Tebow as a football player, why would I? He lacks in so much of the basics needed to play the position. You're argument is "well no one has a cyrstal ball so he could still make it". We might as well never debate anything about predictions(players and team) in this forum if that is the attitude. I always thought he was a crap QB who would never make it - why would him being picked up by the Pats change my opinion of that? If Pats decided to sign Jamarcus Russell I wouldn't suddenly be of the opinion he will make it as a QB.

Oh look, shock horror, you never answered my question. Quoting something EE never said.:rolleyes:

The only downer about the Tebow move was, was oh you just knew the shít stirrers and trolls would creep back into the thread.

He never said it. I'd still like to know why Tebows work ethic is going to be the difference.

Just so you know what's happening with Tebowmania - comments from a variety of sources -

CNN, ESPN and many of the local television stations are set up in Gillette Stadium parking lot, with live reports.

Trey Wingo + Tim Hasselbeck, Fox, Yahoo, USA Today, NY Post and NY Daily News here today, plus a lot of extra local people

The New York Post has sent TWO reporters to cover Tebow's first day in Foxboro. #ComprehensiveCoverage

Tebow got zero work in team drills until very end with the threes - day 2 works on the 'opportunity' team with the rookies.

This is hysterical, I'm watching this press now, Belichick has repeated himself at least 5 times already, "He's a smart player, he works hard." and "Anything we do is for the best interest of the team." Belichick: "I've already answered that question twice." Clearly already annoyed with Tebow questions. Then "I think I've already talked enough about him."

Tebow question: Belichick says "everybody is ... in the same boat." Some bright spark comments - Tebow's might be an ark.

This one for a laugh - Patriots tinkering with Tebow's motion. Throwing righty. Results promising

tebow15%5B1%5D.r.jpg

I was just talking to a close friend in Boston who is a big Pats fan. He is absoluely livid that BB signed Tebow - he says the hype is already gone ballistic - Tebow fans are already demanding that Mallett be traded and Tebow installed as the back-up. Pats fans are threatening to run Tebow's car off the road to keep him out of traning camp. He says the Pats fans are blaming McDaniels and want him sacked. Fans in a panic about what would happen if Brady got injured.

Tebowmania has only started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

You think Bill Belichick - BILL BELICHICK - is signing Tebow to sell jerseys?!?!?

1358617103578.gif

Not to mention jersey sale profits are shared among the 32 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

JRG, you seemed pretty obsessed with Tebow/Tebowmania. It's kind of ironic that you keep posting about it.

Also, maybe you've never seen a BB press conference. He always comes across as annoyed with the media. It's part of his policy of trolling the nfl. They also insist on asking stupid and pointless questions.

He never said it. I'd still like to know why Tebows work ethic is going to be the difference.

But that's not what you asked EE, this is what you asked...

Do you really believe he is the hardest-working QB ever? confused.png

Pretty baffling since EE never said Tebow was the hardest working QB in the league. So why you trying to make out that he did?

But that's not what you asked EE, this is what you asked...

Pretty baffling since EE never said Tebow was the hardest working QB in the league. So why you trying to make out that he did?

That's I assumed from his post. Obviously a mistake on my part and I shouldn't have assumed. He thought Tebow was the(or one of at least) hardest workers ever in the NFL. I think I remember him saying something similar before about how much work he'd put in.

I was just talking to a close friend in Boston who is a big Pats fan. He is absoluely livid that BB signed Tebow - he says the hype is already gone ballistic - Tebow fans are already demanding that Mallett be traded and Tebow installed as the back-up. Pats fans are threatening to run Tebow's car off the road to keep him out of traning camp. He says the Pats fans are blaming McDaniels and want him sacked. Fans in a panic about what would happen if Brady got injured.

Dude, that would make an excellent movie script right there. You must think none of us have no connections/ties to Boston/Patriots. I suspect your friend is smoking some serious shít to come out with that. Or more than likely probably a stone Broncos or Jets fan.

Love the Tebow fans bit to, what Tebow fans? You surely can't be referring to Patriot fans? This isn't the Broncos or the Jets that you're talking about. We have one QB God/living legend on the team and his name is Brady. He gets the well earned adulation and nobody else. Nobody passes out Brady. Unless Tebow can seriously prove himself, then he won't be passing out Mallett either.

Surely you know that we don't do divas at Gillette. Tebow will get a fair crack of the whip like every other player fighting for a roster spot and nothing more. Us signing Tebow surprised me but it's a low risk signing for us. No gauranteed money on the contract ect. He's a nice guy and I'm glad we''re givng him a chance. The key difference is now he has a chance to learn from Brady. He never had that chance at the Broncos or the Jets.

Only time will tell how it pans out for him and I can can safely say most Pats fans wish him the best. Last year we only carried two QBs on the roster, which was a bit tight. So if Tebow is carried at 3 it will be no problem or us, providing he makes the roster of course.

If you knew anything about the Patriots franchise, you'd realise how pointless that comment was. Belichick blew it out of the water yesterday in a way only he can. You'll be disappointed to hear there was only a fraction of the journalists present today that was there yesterday. Even more diappointing for you was the presss conference itself. Yesterday the first 14 questions were all about Tebow, until Belichcik halted that gallop. Today we had to wait until the 6th question in, for one Tebow question to pop up.

• Advertisement

That's I assumed from his post. Obviously a mistake on my part and I shouldn't have assumed.

O.K. that's fair enough, happens to us all I suppose.

This is hilarious and tell your "friend" to lay off the wacky tobaccy or whatever it is he is on. I am marrying into a Die hard Pats fans family in MA I have hundreds of friends and acquaintances in MA and not one of them has mentioned anything like this. Where ever you are getting this stuff I can assure you none of it is true. Whether its your "friend" or your own head its hilariously funny in a comical way. Give it a rest already.

I am going to post this in a couple of places I know where plenty of Pats fans from MA will read it and watch the hilarity of it all.

As for your tebowmania stuff let it go already none of us give a sh1t. Christ you just can't drop it can you? You will keep beating that drum until you convince at least one of us.

Experience doesn't make you an expert though.

Maybe not to you but it has thought me a lot of things and I will take my own opinion over your any day on a lot of things football related.
    Not surprised you are throwing the toys out the pram, you always do it when someone argues with you.

Throwing my toys out of the pram? hahahaha Where did I do such a thing? You seriously are trying your hardest to troll with nonsense. Keep it up.
    I've no doubt soon you'll close your account (yet again)

Crystal ball stuff again good man.
    Why bother? I've never rated Tebow as a football player, why would I? He lacks in so much of the basics needed to play the position. You're argument is "well no one has a cyrstal ball so he could still make it". We might as well never debate anything about predictions(players and team) in this forum if that is the attitude. I always thought he was a crap QB who would never make it - why would him being picked up by the Pats change my opinion of that? If Pats decided to sign Jamarcus Russell I wouldn't suddenly be of the opinion he will make it as a QB.

As I said it is pointless debating with you. You came in here made a false statement and mis quoted someone from the get go and then you debated the same opinion we all know you have of Tebow. You were wrong in the first place and even tried to convince me EE said what you think he said. And went from there.

What so you can tell us Tebow is crap? What does it matter at this point? You have made up your mind so it would be pointless even for EE to explain his opinion of it to you.

I actually do like Tebow - I appreciate that he is a fantastic athlete - I thoroughly enjoyed the edge-of-the-seat last minute comebacks and wins from two years ago - I rooted for Tebow to make a success of the NFL. None of this was ever the issue.

Funny way of showing it.
    The problem is that Tebow has not and will never become an NFL QB - after two years with Denver and seeing everything he was doing and was capable of - that is clear.

So you keep telling us
    You on the other hand have never liked Tebow but feel the necessity to come on here and attmept to ridicule people who actually have some knowledge of Tebow and his abilities after watching him in action (both training camp and regular season) for two years.

I laughed at this but hey good attempt. We all watched Tebow for 2 years being a Denver fan does not make you exclusive to Tebow. do you think some of us just go on tid bits of players when we talk about them? You would be wrong. I watch a lot of football film including his college days. If you feel I am ridiculing you report me then as I am not but if that's how you feel nothing I can do about it.
    The Pats now have Tebow - my guess is that he will be cut during pre-season and the Pats will pocket the money from the jersey sales (not saying that's why they signed him - can't actually figure that one out - but it will be a nice payout for having to deal with the Tebowmania cr*p). In the meantime I will allow myself to be slightly amused as BB and others attempt to deal with the hype.

So you keep telling us.

If you knew anything about the Patriots franchise, you'd realise how pointless that comment was. Belichick blew it out of the water yesterday in a way only he can. You'll be disappointed to hear there was only a fraction of the journalists present today that was there yesterday. Even more diappointing for you was the presss conference itself. Yesterday the first 14 questions were all about Tebow, until Belichcik halted that gallop. Today we had to wait until the 6th question in, for one Tebow question to pop up.

And here is how he handled them. Oh yeah Tebowmania taking over :D
    Q: How did Tim Tebow look yesterday?

BB: I think everybody out there is pretty much in the same boat: just trying to get better day by day. Some guys are starting at different points; he’s obviously starting at a point different than where other players were. They’re all moving along. Guys that are out there are making progress. Guys that aren’t are doing what they can do and they’re falling behind.

Q: With a guy like Tim Tebow who has versatility and flexibility, would you want to try him at one position and then move him around and see what he can do, or would that vary from player to player?

BB: Each player is different.

Q: So there’s no formulaic way to start with him? You just say ‘We want you to learn this spot first and then after that, go from there.’

BB: You have to start somewhere. Where the starting point is, is what it is and then you grow to wherever you grow to.

Q: Have you been able to see anything in Tim Tebow’s mechanics or throwing that looks better or different?

BB: Like I said, we’re not going to get into a minute-by-minute evaluation of a player. I don’t think that’s the way to go, especially at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's I assumed from his post. Obviously a mistake on my part and I shouldn't have assumed. He thought Tebow was the(or one of at least) hardest workers ever in the NFL. I think I remember him saying something similar before about how much work he'd put in.
    Chucky you always seem to go to extremes in your thoughts about what somebody else has just posted.

I never said he was the hardest worker but he certainly is right up there in work ethic with the very best. Its the combination of that, his self-belief and desire to succeed that has always made me feel he was going to make it.

And even without being properly prepared he has managed to have a winning record as a starter. And I don't want to hear some rubbish about the gameplan being set up to suit him because that is done for every QB who is starting.

Also lest you forget he was a project when drafted but the head coach who drafted him was fired after one season with him and then the lockout happened which didn't help him at all.

He is in a very good situation now where there is little expectation on his shoulders and the media are kept at arms length. If he makes the roster he will finally get a chance to learn from a great QB and get well coached. If he doesn't make it after that then myself and many others will be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The only hype will be from quarters who don't even follow football because no journalist is going to be shouting for Tebow over Brady. If Brady's knee got a big blow and Mallett was starting that's when the Patriots would start to feel some heat.

Syferus wrote: »
    The only hype will be from quarters who don't even follow football because no journalist is going to be shouting for Tebow over Brady. If Brady's knee got a big blow and Mallett was starting that's when the Patriots would start to feel some heat.

Highly doubt it as Most Pats fans would consider Mallet a better QB than Tebow. If it happened this season no Pats fan would cry for Tebow it would be Mallet 100%. 2014 in their also. It will probably take a couple of seasons for most Pats fans to even consider Tebow as 2nd string and in those couple of seasons Bill B would have had to come out and say he is confident Tebow is ready. And Tebow would have to be producing in the very little game time he will see in the off season. It is going to be a long road for the Pats to be convinced Tebow is even 3rd string nevermind pressuring Mallet in 2nd. As for journalists lets face it no one cares what they think really.

So you say he is one of the hardest workers - yet people cry foul when I claim you said he is the hardest. Is there really much difference? Obviously there is to TO.

He writes all that and this is what you come up with? Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So you say he is one of the hardest workers - yet people cry foul when I claim you said he is the hardest. Is there really much difference? Obviously there is to TO.
    There is a huge difference between singling somebody out as 'the hardest worker' and saying he is a really hard worker.

Its been said by almost everybody who has worked with him so I'm not saying anything that isn't common knowledge. Thats the end of the conversation about his work ethic as far as I'm concerned. If you want to believe he is not an incredibly hard worker then so be it but don't bother coming back to me about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement