Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

They way things have been going, I really fear you could be right. But it would be such a stupid thing to do. And ya resting him until January if at all possible, sounds real good to me. :D

Really depends on how good the Dolphins are I'd say!! Can't see the Jets/Bills being up to much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Really depends on how good the Dolphins are I'd say!! Can't see the Jets/Bills being up to much!

Yeah defo. If we have a piss easy AFC East again Id say we might get away with a weak WR corp and missing Gronk. Our non Division and conference games are a mix and match of quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

TO. wrote: »
    Yeah defo. If we have a piss easy AFC East again Id say we might get away with a weak WR corp and missing Gronk. Our non Division and conference games are a mix and match of quality.

Jets/Bills shouldn't challenge.
    The Dolphins are better this year, no doubt in my mind.
    The question is how much better?

I'm not sure that I can say the same about the Pats.
    Welker V's Amendola?
    Will Jones (extra bulk for the new season) have a Watt (or something close) type two year to aid the pass rush?
    Hightower to justify his 1st round pick?
    Will the new WR's be good enough?
    Gronk back by mid to late in the season?
    Hernandez to have a 16 game season?

If we make the playoffs, and remain close to injury free, then we have another shot at the SB.
    I'm slightly less confident this year though.

Jets/Bills shouldn't challenge.
    The Dolphins are better this year, no doubt in my mind.
    The question is how much better?

Even with the Fish improving I still feel we will clean sweep the AFC east. I do think they will run us close in the 2 games but we will beat them.
    If we make the playoffs, and remain close to injury free, then we have another shot at the SB.
    I'm slightly less confident this year though.

I have no concerns about us picking up enough wins making the playoffs as well as clinching the Division which will get us in the post season but it is what we do in the playoffs that is the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

it is what we do in the playoffs that is the issue.
    Agreed, we should make the playoffs.
    If what I stated above all go our way, then the SB is a real shot.
    Just not as confident as previous years.
    But it's only June, and by the time the bye week arrives we'll have a good idea of where we stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

taidghbaby wrote: »

Dominating a division can be a real curse for a team. So if the fish have imporved to the point where they can give us a couple of real tough games? Then that will only help us in the business end of the season.

Hate to be the one to break it to ya but as soon as the pats signed tebow this became a tebow thread for the duration of his stay

This is a Patriots thread and it will stay that way. Now if anyone wants to start a seperate groupies thread for Tebow, then I'm sure that won't be a problem for the powers that be. We have welcomed and accomodated all reasoned Tebow discusssion so far in here. But I think most of my Patriot brethern will probably agree with me when I say, we're now moving on from this topic.

This is a Patriots thread and it will stay that way. Now if anyone wants to start a seperate groupies thread for Tebow, then I'm sure that won't be a problem for the powers that be. We have welcomed and accomodated all reasoned Tebow discusssion so far in here. But I think most of my Patriot brethern will probably agree with me when I say, we're now moving on from this topic.

I'm sure the jets tried the same but I wish ye all the best

On other pats news apparently Vladimir Putin stole one of Robert krafts sb rings pretty ****ty news Kraft is one of my favourite owners

On other pats news apparently Vladimir Putin stole one of Robert krafts sb rings pretty ****ty news Kraft is one of my favourite owners

Did you actually read how it happened? It's pretty funny...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1673940-robert-kraft-admits-vladimir-putin-stole-his-super-bowl-ring
    Kraft: "I took out the ring and showed it to Putin, and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring.’ I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."
    Love that part - ‘I can kill someone with this ring.’ And he probably has since. :D

Nobody fúcks with the Putin.

Twas funny but I would have found it far more amusing had it happened to the likes of jerry jones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I've moved the Tebow posts from last night to the Tebow thread and in future can all users keep their Tim Tebow discussions in that thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I usually hate bleacher report but this is kind of brilliant.

The Belichick Hoodie Database is now one of my favourite things about the internet.

So I just went to the NFL website to check out some news.......

4MdqcQ.jpg

Ya nothing really exciting there at all, hang on, wait a sec......

4MdqcQ.jpg

Wtf????............

4YeTQ5.jpg

TO.?

So I just went to the NFL website to check out some news.......

Ya nothing really exciting there at all, hang on, wait a sec......

Wtf????............

TO.?

Haha in the words of Bart Simpson it wasn't me :D Some lad called Terrel Owens no idea who he is though :D Was having a **** morning until I read this post made me laugh out loud brilliantly done Corvus well played and thank you.

Was having a **** morning until I read this post made me laugh out loud brilliantly done Corvus well played and thank you.

Glad to be of service bud. I saw it and I just couldn't resist.:D

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130618/patriots-hernandez-questioned-by-police-in-homicide-probe/

Deep breaths. Good thoughts.

Please don't be bad. Please don't be bad.Please don't be bad. Please don't be bad.

Apparently there's ten police cars at his house. Seems like some serious **** :(

Jeasus this could be a disaster

Lads do ye think there's a chance ye don't make the playoff if gronk and Hernandez miss most of the season the receiving cupboard is looking empty add to that amendolas injury history and you could have Tom Brady throwing passes to himself by seasons end

This Is jumping the gun of coarse but I think it's very important he gets cleared the playoffs without the pats seems wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hernandez is not a suspect according to every report I've heard. He has done nothing wrong it seems so I don't think there are any worries here as far as the Patriots are concerned.

"Not a suspect" could be a PR thing or just standard procedure.

There's quite obviously something to worry about it. It seems that at the least a car that was rented in his name is believed to be connected to a killing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

@TheRedzoneorg: Source: Aaron Hernandez not ruled out as suspect in murder case http://t.co/hZKaPn5FZF #NFL #Patriots

I have read pretty much every report about this case and to be honest every article contradicts each other to some extent. The "sources" also contradict each other. The truth is no one really knows what went on and until he is officially charged or released we wont know. I would take everything you read with a pinch of salt. The only thing that seems clear is the cops are clinging on to the fact his name was on the rental car.

The last time I stepped out the thread for awhile we signed Tebow. And now this happens :eek:. The Press are having a field day with speculation and counterspeculation. No doubt this will probably continue until the police make a comprehensive statement on the matter. But feck it's the last thing we need right now.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22478039/report-aaron-hernandez-to-be-sued-for-shooting-man-in-the-face

Apparently he shot somebody in the face in February...

If this is true how does it not come out until now???

ehmmm
    We're also told ... Bradley will argue that the bullet initially struck him in the arm and continued traveling through his body until it struck him in the face .... blowing out his eyeball.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/19/aaron-hernandez-new-england-patriots-lawsuit-gun-shooting-miami-strip-club/#ixzz2WguYUkRx

Masked Man wrote: »

Happens in February and he files on Monday and then withdraws that case to refile today due to paperwork error. Seems suspect and good timing to file now while Hernandez is under the spotlight now for a homicide. Why not file in March April May.

And to add how sketchy his attorney was avoiding the question about a police report and if one was ever made. I have a feeling this is a case of opportunity.

Guy gets shot in the face on February, kinda forgets about it until now. Strange......makes me feel like this little dude.

4LpcTn.jpg

LktFaNf.jpg

Vollmer's 525Lbs Bench Press :eek: and former patriot Joe Andruzzi's 725Lbs squat :eek: just boggles the mind.

More crap emerging in the Hernandez story. We so don't need this shít right now. Gronk had his back surgery and I'm beginning to wonder will Gronk be the Gronk we know from 2011? We have a new and pretty dodgy WR corp who I'm not putting much faith in atm. Then we have Hernandez, gimped by injury last season, we so needed him him right for 2013. Now this crap comes along. Even if things work out in his favour, this is bound to affect him. We all know keeping Brady healthy is the number 1 priority. But now I'm beginning to wonder the way things are going, who will he be throwing too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

We all know keeping Brady healthy is the number 1 priority. But now I'm beginning to wonder the way things are going, who will he be throwing too?

Beginning to think the same thing myself.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement