Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Where we play Hernandez even if we convert him he want be as fast of agile as Hernandez. We lose Hernandez and we are practically looking for another slot not a TE.

The guy shot in the face there is now becoming more holes in his story than his face at this point

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/19/aaron-hernandez-lawsuit-shooting-strip-club-alexander-bradley/2438713/

I do believe this will be thrown out of court if it ever makes it there.
    The man who is suing Aaron Hernandez and claiming the New England Patriots tight end shot him in the face told responding police the night of the incident he was shot by "both black and Hispanic males," according to a police report obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

Alexander S. Bradley, a 30-year-old Connecticut native who is the plaintiff in the suit against Hernandez, initially told police he didn't know who shot him but then provided the description of the two males to Officer Alex Mack, according to the 17-page report. Bradley then said he didn't want to talk anymore because it hurt, the report stated. When he refused to cooperate with investigators later at the hospital, police deemed his case to be inactive.

Remember when the story broke yesterday he was shot in a car by Hernandez who accidentally fired the gun? Yeah now look at the above quote from that article. Guys story is all over the shop not even the cops know the full thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

TO. wrote: »
    Where we play Hernandez even if we convert him he want be as fast of agile as Hernandez. We lose Hernandez and we are practically looking for another slot not a TE.

My comment should probably have had a smiley face after it.

My comment should probably have had a smiley face after it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85100978&postcount=2382

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Really hope this guy has terrible sources.
    A law enforcement official tells FOX 25 Hernandez appears to be directly tied to the homicide which is why authorities executed a search warrant at his home Tuesday night. According to the same source, Hernandez, Lloyd, and two other men were at a bar in Boston the night of the homicide, and at some point, the four men left together in a car driven by Hernandez which was confirmed by a text Lloyd sent another friend, the source says.

It is unclear where the car went or what happened during the ride, but according to the source only three men returned to Hernandez's home at the end of the night and Lloyd was not one of them.

The source also says forensic evidence places a vehicle driven by Hernandez at one of the crime scenes in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

It's not looking good. It's at the stage now where I'd be surprised if Hernandez is on our roster come game time.

Way I see it if he has done something wrong and is part of this mans death then fook him enjoy your jail time. If not then he will be in the clear and all good in the hood. Either way this is bigger than football and the Pats right now and worrying about it is the wrong thing to do as lets face it, this case right now is either going to make Hernandez a fully fledged scumbag or just an unlucky dude. Oh well such a waste of talent if he is the scumbag they are making him out to be.

Based on what we know, I think it'll be a minor miracle if he fades criminal charges and then a ban from the nfl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ballard, Fells and Hoomanawanui to start the season with Gronk to come back later on, not too bad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ballard, Fells and Hoomanawanui to start the season with Gronk to come back later on, not too bad really.

And do you know what? Our young UDFA Zach Sudfeld, has been emerging as a bit of a star this offseason. The kid has caught the eye and caught everything Brady has thrown at him. He seems to be a similar style of player to Hernadez, but it would be nice if he can block better. Obviously once the pads come on we'll get the bigger picture, but the kid has already looked like the leading UDFA to make the roster. And with all this Hernandez crap, then his timing couldn't be bettter.

I just hope we get come certainty soon and know whether Hernandez is guilty or not. But if he is involved in this man's death, then fúck him because we can really do without having someone like that. Regardless of being guilty or not though, I hope the Patriots are starting to make plans for the future without him. Because things at the moment don't look good for him.

And do you know what? Our young UDFA Zach Sudfeld, has been emerging as a bit of a star this offseason. The kid has caught the eye and caught everything Brady has thrown at him. He seems to be a similar style of player to Hernadez, but it would be nice if he can block better. Obviously once the pads come on we'll get the bigger picture, but the kid has already looked like the leading UDFA to make the roster. And with all this Hernandez crap, then his timing couldn't be bettter.

More I read about Sudfeld the more I hope he makes it. He is one of the shining lights so far with the off season. If he can keep it up and make these kind of plays for the Pats, Kid has a future

I just hope we get come certainty soon and know whether Hernandez is guilty or not. But if he is involved in this man's death, then fúck him because we can really do without having someone like that. Regardless of being guilty or not though, I hope the Patriots are starting to make plans for the future without him. Because things at the moment don't look good for him.

What annoys me in all of this is how fooking stupid some of these NFL players are. I agree with and said it myself if he is guilty fook him. If not and his name is cleared happy days. Some of these players need to start grasping reality a tad more and come out of the clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Too many things seem to point to it not being good for Hernandez being completely innocent.

Nice vid there TO. Really rooting for this kid, Go Zach!
    What annoys me in all of this is how fooking stupid some of these NFL players are. I agree with and said it myself if he is guilty fook him. If not and his name is cleared happy days. Some of these players need to start grasping reality a tad more and come out of the clouds.

My gut is telling me a scumbag friend could have pulled the trigger on that poor man. But if hernadez drove or was in the car, as some reports are suggesting? Then that make him equally guilty in my eyes.

Nice vid there TO. Really rooting for this kid, Go Zach!

My gut is telling me a scumbag friend could have pulled the trigger on that poor man. But if hernadez drove or was in the car, as some reports are suggesting? Then that make him equally guilty in my eyes.

Guilty by association and will be charged as an accessory if he was there. What a fooking dumbass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Looks like Hernandez may not be the man we thought he was...no wonder he fell to the 4th round

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130620/aaron-hernandez-new-details/

I'd like to think he's innocent and that he was just running with a bad crowd and he wasn't involved in the murder that it was his scumbag friends but there's too much smoke to suggest that Hernandez isn't just a scumbag.

I hope he wasn't involved but its not looking likely.

Hazys wrote: »
    Looks like Hernandez may not be the man we thought he was...no wonder he fell to the 4th round

I'd like to think he's innocent and that he was just running with a bad crowd and he wasn't involved in the murder that it was his scumbag friends but there's too much smoke to suggest that Hernandez isn't just a scumbag.

To be fair to him these things listed are sketchy at best and seem to be linking him for the sake of it
    SI.com obtained a Providence police report that detailed an incident in which police found a gun disposed under a car after a Jets fan confronted Hernandez at 2:26 a.m. on May 18 on Thayer Street in Providence. The report stated: "Brown Police observed a black male, heavy set wearing a stripped (sic) shirt, discard (sic) a firearm under a vehicle in front of the Karta Bar." There's no evidence the gun belonged to Hernandez.

Heavy set black man and no evidence. Ok

In 2007, Gainesville police interviewed Hernandez about a shooting that took place late after Florida's 20-17 loss to Auburn. Hernandez was not considered a suspect in the case. His mother confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel that Hernandez and a friend from Connecticut were in a nightclub near where the shooting took place.

In the area of a shooting? Really? Im going to go out on a limb and say there are plenty of Hispanic looking guys in Orlando.

On Tuesday, the story emerged of a Hernandez's alleged involvement in a civil lawsuit. Alexander S. Bradley alleges that Hernandez shot him with a gun Hernandez illegally possessed, leading to Bradley losing the vision in his right eye. The alleged incident occurred on the way home from a strip club. "Hernandez shot him," said Bradley's lawyer David Jaroslawicz in a phone interview with SI.com. "It's either a negligence case or a deliberate shooting. We'll see if Hernandez wants to come in and raise his right hand and tell us what happened."

And this lad Bradley gets me. He waited until this murder comes up to press charges or sue Hernandez? Wtf. At first he claimed he was shot in a car by accident then the story said it was Hernandez and another man and yet he never reported it to the cops. Yeah ok

All of the above are the type of things that come out when someone gets into to trouble. Granted he could have been involved in all of the above but the evidence against him is slim at best.

As for the current case well I gave my feelings known. He is either going to go down on record as a low life thug or his name will be cleared. Either way he has just become another clown of a NFL player who does stupid sh1t.

Guilty by association and will be charged as an accessory if he was there. What a fooking dumbass.

It's not just if he was in the car.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder_rule

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Holle

Masked Man wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_to_murder

Surely the prosecution will aim for the Accessory charge if he didn't pull the trigger. Rental car in his name. If it turns out he was driving also falls under it. Either way he will have to prove he had nothing to do with and they prosecution will have to prove he had some knowledge of it and aided in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-destroyed-home-security-system-phone-sources/story?id=19445131#.UcNDvflQG8A
    Police are back at the home of New England Patriot's tight end Aaron Hernandez today with another warrant based on evidence that "he destroyed his home security system,'' an investigator close to the case told ABC News.

The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally.

And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »

Some of those 'incidents' in the SI article are a bit laughable though. Look at the sensationalist way SI leads into the examples it gives.
    The latest incident continues a pattern of Hernandez being associated with guns that began in college.
    Associated with guns?.......O.K. that's worrying, but now read the stupid 'incidents they quote.
    The report stated: "Brown Police observed a black male, heavy set wearing a stripped (sic) shirt, discard (sic) a firearm under a vehicle in front of the Karta Bar." There's no evidence the gun belonged to Hernandez.
    So the cops saw a big black guy dump a gun under a car. And Hernandez is linked to this how?

This is even more laughable.....

In 2007, Gainesville police interviewed Hernandez about a shooting that took place late after Florida's 20-17 loss to Auburn. Hernandez was not considered a suspect in the case. His mother confirmed that Hernandez and a friend from Connecticut were in a nightclub near where the shooting took place
    So SI just gave us two examples of Hernandez and his assocation with guns. Yet the two examples they gave clearly suggest, that Hernadez was not associated with the incidents in question. I mean what kind of journalistic idiots do SI employ? They try to make a point that dispproves their own point.

What next? They gonna blame him for the Kennedy assassination?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_to_murder

Surely the prosecution will aim for the Accessory charge if he didn't pull the trigger. Rental car in his name. If it turns out he was driving also falls under it. Either way he will have to prove he had nothing to do with and they prosecution will have to prove he had some knowledge of it and aided in some way.

I don't really know what they'll go for, I was just saying the felony murder rule broadens the possible scenarios where he gets done for something serious.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Man i just cant get over how brain dead these guys are getting involved in all this stuff. They have the chance to become legends and make a s**tload of cash and for some a realistic chance of winning a SB and what do they do get involved in some much crap that it beggars belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/06/20/aaron-hernandez-was-hanging-out-at-a-bar-with-odin-lloyd-in-boston-on-the-night-lloyd-was-murdered/
    Aaron Hernandez, the New England Patriots tight end, was hanging out at a bar in a Boston recently with a man named Odin Lloyd and two others. According to Fox 25 in Boston, the four men left the bar together. Only three returned to the home of Hernandez later that night. Lloyd was not one of them.

Police say Lloyd was killed that night.

The report from Fox 25 has not been confirmed by police, but it gets worse for Hernandez, if that’s possible: “forensic evidence places a vehicle driven by Hernandez at one of the crime scenes in this case.”

Hernandez, Lloyd, and two other men were at a bar in Boston the night of the homicide, and at some point, the four men left together in a car driven by Hernandez which was confirmed by a text Lloyd sent another friend, the source says.

It is unclear where the car went or what happened during the ride, but according to the source only three men returned to Hernandez’s home at the end of the night and Lloyd was not one of them.

So in 48 hours, we’ve gone from:

* Police want to talk to Hernandez because a rental car with his name on it was part of the investigation
    * The man who was killed was an “associate” of Hernandez (Lloyd dated the sister of the woman Hernandez is dating)
    * Hernandez has NOT been ruled out as a suspect in the homicide investigation
    * Holy shirts and pants, Hernandez was hanging out with this guy the night he died?

Clearly, hanging out with Hernandez is a dangerous. Hernandez is being sued by a man who went Strip Clubbing with Hernandez in Florida, and then ended up getting shot in the head and losing part of his eye. The man claims Hernandez pulled the trigger.

And now Sports Illustrated is reporting Hernandez fell to the 4th round in the 2010 draft not just because of his marijuana concerns, but because of worries about gang connections:

Personnel sources from multiple NFL teams tell SI that they had off-field concerns about Hernandez. In particular, the questions pertained to alleged gang activity of some of Hernandez’s associates in his native Bristol, Conn. A law enforcement official familiar with Hernandez reiterated concerns about his circle of influence.

There are gangs in Bristol, Connecticut?

Crazy, this.

Paully D wrote: »

The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally.
    Who? What's his or her name?

And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.
    The sources said? Again, care to name your sources? Because it would certainly add serious credibility to these reports if you did.

Now all those alleged reports are very, very worrying if true and it really seems to be getting worse for Hernandez. But it would be nice to get soemthing concrete and verifiable from law enforcement agencies. Rather the the flood of bullshít 'sources' reports that the media are starting.

I usually take them with a pinch of salt, because the media are now going into overdrive to try and 'outsource' each other with their 'sources'.

Who? What's his or her name?

The sources said? Again, care to name your sources? Because it would certainly add serious credibility to these reports if you did.

Now all those alleged reports are very, very worrying if true and it really seems to be getting worse for Hernandez. But it would be nice to get soemthing concrete and verifiable from law enforcement agencies. Rather the the flood of bullshít 'sources' reports that the media are starting.

I usually take them with a pinch of salt, because the media are now going into overdrive to try and 'outsource' each other with their 'sources'.

As per usual with the Media Guilty until proven innocent and pure sensationalism. The guy getting shot in the face keeps coming also as evidence even though that has yet to be proven or tried and lacks any kind of solid evidence as is. No surprise Fox have been mentioned a couple of times. Wonder did they tap the broken phone.

As per usual with the Media Guilty until proven innocent and pure sensationalism. The guy getting shot in the face keeps coming also as evidence even though that has yet to be proven or tried and lacks any kind of solid evidence as is. No surprise Fox have been mentioned a couple of times. Wonder did they tap the broken phone.

It's a matter of throwing enough stuff out there and hoping something sticks.

Fox had a live videos from a helicopter following his car around earlier, I guess they're trying to turn him into OJ or something. Serious invasion of privacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

This might seem a little insensitive but what happens to the cap hit etc if Hernandez gets charged with something serious?

Can't believe he's possibly been so stupid he was almost my fav pats player. :(

SK1979 wrote: »
    This might seem a little insensitive but what happens to the cap hit etc if Hernandez gets charged with something serious?

Not insensitive at all imo, we have to look at best and worst case scenarios. For the 2013 season his contract is as follows....

Base salary: $1.323 million (guaranteed for injury only. This will become fully guaranteed if Hernandez is on the roster in March of 2013)

Roster bonus: $118,000
    Offseason workout bonus: $82,000 (non-guaranteed)

If things go wrong, I'd imagine you could add that $1.32 million to our cap space making it $9.32 million. But right now we have $8 milllion in cap space.
    SK1979 wrote: »
    Can't believe he's possibly been so stupid he was almost my fav pats player. :(

I'm still pretty much shocked by what's alleged to have gone on. I was raving in here about Hernadez last summer, expected big things for 2012 befoe the injuries of course. But christ Jesus, who could have expected this crap.

• Advertisement

Cheap Hernandez Jerseys all round :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement