Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

"I've seen a lot of things over 13 years," Brady said, "and what I have learned is that mental toughness and putting aside personal agendas for what's in the best interest of the team matters most. My job is to play quarterback, and I'm going to do that the best way I know how, because I owe that to my teammates regardless of who is out there on the field with me."

Said Brady: "I have moved on. I'm focusing on the great teammates I have who are committed to helping us win games. The only thing I care about is winning. Nothing is going to ever get in the way of that goal. I'm just excited to report to camp and see what we can accomplish as a team. The fate of our season will be determined by the players in our locker room -- nothing else."

From a Peter King interview when questioned about Hernandez.

I know this is exactly what we'd expect from him, but I don't think there's enough of this being said by people in the organization to the media.
    It's one thing to say these things behind closed doors, but players do still react when they see a teammate making public statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

BizzyC wrote: »
    From a Peter King interview when questioned about Hernandez.
    I know this is exactly what we'd expect from him, but I don't think there's enough of this being said by people in the organization to the media.

Are you a Pats fan? Don't you know how the Pats have consistently conducted their media business? I mean what else needs to be said on the matter????????

1) Rober Kraft was out of the country for 2 weeks when this blew up. He returned on a Saturday and the next day he gave a very detailed Press interview on the whole matter. The guy even gave us his own personal feelings on the subject, how he was let down, duped, ect, ect. So what more do you want?

2) And just to remind you, this also blew up when coaches like Belichick and support staff have their own real holiday during the year. There are no coaches around at Gillette between mini-camp and Training camp. And that happens every year.

Check the Training camp schedule, the fist thing slotted is a Belichick prsee conference. And this will be the first time he himself will have an oppourtunity to discuss the matter since he returned from holidays.

Thankfully unlike you, the vast majority of the media have far praised the Pats for how they have handled the situation.
    It's one thing to say these things behind closed doors, but players do still react when they see a teammate making public statements.

Seriously? O.k. then, sure lets have another 89 interviews with the remaining players on the roster just tos ee how they're feeling. Ya that makes total sense alright.

Anyway just to remind you, maybe you should take the Hernandez related chat to the Hernadez thread.

Wow Gronk, way to jump down someone's throat for saying public affirmations of the teams ethos is good for team morale....
    I know we get a lot of crap in the thread, but no need to attack anyone who posts.
    Thankfully unlike you, the vast majority of the media have far praised the Pats for how they have handled the situation.
    What???

You need to grow up and learn to read properly before attacking people on a forum.

The team's handling of the media from a player perspective to date has been to say nothing.
    Brady has effectively done the same, but in a manner that pushes home the Patriot way and I see that as a good thing because there's a major need of leaders within the locker room to drive that point home.

Is that ok with you?
    Are we allowed to discuss a team leader making a statement that we think is one that needs to be passed through all the ranks of the team?

I am sorry Bizzy, I totally misread what you said earlier.
    I know this is exactly what we'd expect from him, but I don't think there's enough of this being said by people in the organization to the media

I missed the 'of this' bit above. :o

Based on that mistake I made, I just thought you were given an oppourtunity for a troll or two to come into the thread. So didn't mean to jump down your throat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

And peace reigns again! :)

I love how Brady talks to the media. Everything about him is so purely focused and driven towards winning. My man-crush grows with each passing year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This felt like the longest offseason ever and yet it has probably been our craziest/busiest off season ever. Which leaves me :confused: as to why it felt so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

http://deadspin.com/tv-panel-erupts-in-epic-screaming-match-over-aaron-hern-889471854?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I don't know if that show is always like this or if the media is finally starting to go insane because of Belichick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Masked Man wrote: »

Such a bad show. Watched ST so many times and the show is garbage.

In case you're interested lads, live Belichick press conference here at 18.45pm (Irish time) to kick off the start to camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hazys wrote: »
    This is probably the greatest thing i have ever seen in my life:

The reporters are so wet for some information on Tebow, BB just cockblocking the whole situation.

Get fcuk out of town Circus...Hoodie4Life

Can't wait for another classic BB cock blocking of the media...its gona be epic!! I'm giddy with excitement!

Fcuk the media and their sense of entitlement...get da fcuk outta Foxboro!!

• Advertisement

This seems like a good opportunity to ask a pretty simple question and try and earn a little credit with the pats. "How do you plan on dealing with the loss of Hernandez on the field", "How will this affect your decision on when to bring back Gronk". I know you'd probably get a Belichick answer but at least you stick out a bit. Asking a question that you know won't be answered, or the same question being asked four times is kinda stupid. And whatever question you could ask about Hernandez is going to be asked by somebody else anyway.

edit: a question about the pats process for evaluating the character of the players was just asked for the fifth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Hazys wrote: »
    Can't wait for another classic BB cock blocking of the media...its gona be epic!! I'm giddy with excitement!

Fcuk the media and their sense of entitlement...get da fcuk outta Foxboro!!

Classic Bill so far anyway :D:D

Walking out mid question! That's gotta sting a little.

Of course my Wifi broadband decided to stop working before the press conference even started. So I couldn't watch the stream.:mad:

Now I haven't seen it yet, but let me guess. Did some reporter ask a question that BB already answered? Or did a reporter raise a topic that BB said he wouldn't be taking anymore questions on? If so, then nobody should be surprised. Everyone knows he has a low threshold for idiot reporters.

Finally got to watch the conference.

Go to 21:19 in the Press Conference video, turn up the volume and you can clearly hear a voice off to the side saying...

"This is the last question of this conference.......the last question."
    This was probably a Patriots Press Officer who was running the press conference.

After this was said, a reporter then asked how his relationship is now with Robert Kraft. Bill answered this, so the last question was answered by Bill and he then left. I can't see what the problem is there? Of course journalists are gonna still keep trying their luck with questions. But the last question warning was given, Bill answered it, conference over. A non-issue imo.

I thought it was a very good press conference and his opening statement for the first 6-7 minutes, ticked all the right boxes for me anyway.

I agree Corvus, it was a very good conference and I heard the last question warning near the end myself. Now hopefully that's it parked to the side and we can now focus on camp.

I heard the warning. It's still got to sting a little for whoever asked it, especially because BB looked straight at her.

I never said there was a problem.

I heard the warning. It's still got to sting a little for whoever asked it, especially because BB looked straight at her.

She's a reporter and they're a particularly thick skinned ignorant sort of animal. So I wouldn't lose any sleep over her. But out of interest, how did you know BB was looking at her? All I could see was Bill and the podium, so unless you were sitting behing her, how do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

Was there any questions put to the captains today about Tebow ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Finally got to watch the conf

Go to 21:19 in the Press Conference video, turn up the volume and you can clearly hear a voice off to the side saying...

"This is the last question of this conference.......the last question."
    This was probably a Patriots Press Officer who was running the press conference.

After this was said, a reporter then asked how his relationship is now with Robert Kraft. Bill answered this, so the last question was answered by Bill and he then left. I can't see what the problem is there? Of course journalists are gonna still keep trying their luck with questions. But the last question warning was given, Bill answered it, conference over. A non-issue imo.

I thought it was a very good press conference and his opening statement for the first 6-7 minutes, ticked all the right boxes for me anyway.

My broadband crapped out on hols here too so missed the end but preferred when I thought he was being a bad ass bill

TRAINING CAMP YUSSSSS! NEXT STEP PRESEASON GAME!!!

• Advertisement

I'm fierce proud of our team captains for the way they handled the media yesterday and how they represented the franchise. Brady was his usual classy self, but Wilfork was also excellent. I haven't read or seen what Mayo or McCourty said, but no doubt they did a good job.

Overall, including this and the Belichick press conference, The feedback from the media has so far been very good and complimentary towards the Pats. They've dealt with a very unique and tragic situation in an excellent manner. Robert Kraft can feel well proud of all his boys.

Now we can focus on Football and do what we do best.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Goose_Hyypia

Tim Tebow had struggles on Friday, starting with a delayed read on his first 7-on-7 rep. Tebow short-armed a few throws, had some passes deflected, and forced a couple throws into coverage, one of which was picked off by safety Nate Ebner. What also stood out about Tebow is his ability to break the pocket. His movement skills are unique for the quarterback position, as many know.

Tim off to a flyer at training camp :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Tim off to a flyer at training camp :facepalm: :rolleyes:

You do realise you're only givng trolls an oppourtunity to start again dont' you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Gronkastic wrote: »
    You do realise you're only givng trolls an oppourtunity to start again dont' you?

Tebow watch time get used to it ;)

Apparently he spent a portion of the session working out at RB & WR. Be very interesting to see how Bellichek uses him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1717387-tim-tebow-lines-up-with-receivers-during-patriots-training-camp-drill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Has there been any update on edelman? Any idea how long he'll be out for? Have really high hopes for him this season.

SK1979 wrote: »
    Has there been any update on edelman? Any idea how long he'll be out for? Have really high hopes for him this season.

He is still sidelined with the same foot injury since last December. He had a setback in May which pushed things back again. And that in a nutshell is the problem with Edelman, his fragility. In fact he is so fragile he injures his injury :(. The guy would be a superstar if he could just stay healthy, his talent is not in question. His durability sadly, always is.

Because of this, the Pats have him by the balls with the 1 year contract and rightly so. The onus is on him to earn a big payday. But I just can't see him getting through the regular season, without him having his usual injury spell on the sidelines. But if we ever needed him to stay healthy and deliver the goods, then this is the season for him to do it.

What stood out for me for the start of camp was..

First day of camp yesterday was conducted during a virtual rain storm which made conditions challenging. Good to see our young rookie WR's Dobson and Boyce on the field. Media feedback on both was postive. Dobson in particular caught the eye and made a couple of fine catches in tight coverage. Good to see our young guys getting lots of reps with Brady.

Kamar Aiken continues to look good from where he left off at mini-camp. He made a fantastic leaping catch down the sideline on a sweet pass from Brady. Amendola once again was looking real good, quick and sharp and he also made a spectacular divng catch for a Brady pass near the sidelines.

Jake Ballard fully participated and made a nice catch on a deep ball from Brady. He still has a limp, but many are beginning to wonder whether is this just the after effects of his injury and not an actual issue per say. I didn't realise he also had a micofracture issue as well when he hurt the knee. So that could account for the limp.

Chandler Jones made the defensive play of the day. On a Tebow rep, he dropped back into coverage and made a fine diving interception that really stood out. Jamie Collins got a lot of reps with our first defense team, stepping in for Spikes.

Leon Washington looked real impressive on kick return duties yesterday. And that's an area we really could do with his ability in. Tebow didn't have a great day from a QB point of view. But he did take part in some interesting reps later on outfield.

In light of what our former No 81 did, his betrayal of his teammates and the fans. Tebow is the total opposite, he's a great, clean living kid that always conducts himself in the right manner. Belichick made it clear yesterday that he wasn't here to solely play QB. A fact we saw later on in practice and a wise move imo.

Frustrating to see Armond Armstead sidelined for a non-football related injury. Is he out of condition or what? Was really hoping to see how he got on in camp for us. Hopefully he'll be fully participating soon enough. It would be nice to see some sunshine at practice today, to reduce the risk of slips and injuries happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

No surprised to see Tebow struggle at the QB position at camp, I really hope we don't see him take any game time away from Mallet (who is likely to see little game time with Brady about).
    At 25, I don't see Tebow developing the required talent at another position. But, I'm hoping that Bill can prove me wrong, because this team needs a bit more to compete at the level it expects to compete.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't get too worried about what Tebow does or doesn't do. As long as Brady stays healthy, nobody, no even God starts in front of him.

Actually that's wrong, Brady is God, silly me. :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement