Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

So it seems Armstead's non-football injury was an infection that he's had surgery to clear up.

Hopefully he gets back to full fitness soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

BizzyC wrote: »
    So it seems Armstead's non-football injury was an infection that he's had surgery to clear up.

Hopefully he gets back to full fitness soon.

Yes, they had made it sound a lot more sinister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I don't know if I dreamt this or not but did Edelman leave practice injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Tristram wrote: »
    I don't know if I dreamt this or not but did Edelman leave practice injured?

Can find no mention of it on any of the sites, but it's Julian Edelman so it's bound to happen at some point!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Very quiet in here of late... where are all the regulars?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

davyjose wrote: »
    Very quiet in here of late... where are all the regulars?

Not much to talk about really. The Aaron Hernandez stuff (dare i say it) we have moved on from. No new info on Gronk's injury. Not much to go off of in training camp as all the information is second hand.

The only thing we can really debate at the moment is where Brady's new magazine cover ranks over past covers:

tom-brady-covers-mens-health-september-2013.jpg
    egtifgn5o4qpgf5g.jpgegnq24d0d120e0nd.jpgtom-brady-covers-vman-fall-2012.jpgtom-brady-details-cover.jpeg

Granted it's only pre season practice, and it's only the Eagle's defense, but there's great reports coming out about the passing game, which is encouraging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Yeah, that Brady kid's really coming along ;)

He can make scrubs look good, that's been proven by this stage. That's not where NE's season will be won or lost.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/welker-says-dealing-with-belichick-was-kind-of-hard/

Lost a lot of respect for Welker here. Bad mouthing the coach and franchise that turned you from a undrafted, 3rd WR for the Dolphins to a Pro Bowl player who plays in Super Bowls* and all you had to give up in return was to shut the fcuk up when talking to the media and do what was best for the team.

He just comes across as petty and a bit of a cry baby airing his dirty laundry like this.

*Obviously it wasn't 100% BB and the Pats that made him a Pro Bowl player but who the fcuk was Wes before the Pats traded for him.

infacteh wrote: »
    Granted it's only pre season practice, and it's only the Eagle's defense, but there's great reports coming out about the passing game, which is encouraging!

:mad:heeeeeyyyy...... at the same time your right apparently tom brady looks real good

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/welker-says-dealing-with-belichick-was-kind-of-hard/

Lost a lot of respect for Welker here. Bad mouthing the coach and franchise that turned you from a undrafted, 3rd WR for the Dolphins to a Pro Bowl player who plays in Super Bowls* and all you had to give up in return was to shut the fcuk up when talking to the media and do what was best for the team.

He just comes across as petty and a bit of a cry baby airing his dirty laundry like this.

*Obviously it wasn't 100% BB and the Pats that made him a Pro Bowl player but who the fcuk was Wes before the Pats traded for him.

i kind of agree with you but at the same time the pats did try to phase him out while he was still performing at a pro bowl level for them

i kind of agree with you but at the same time the pats did try to phase him out while he was still performing at a pro bowl level for them

Did they try and phase him out?

The first game of the season he wasn't used as normal, supposedly as part of the game plan, the next 17 games he was used as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

He started getting used as normal once we had some injuries.

Early in the season he was sitting in favour of Llyod, Edelman, Branch, Hernandez, Gronk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Excited to see how Tebow gets on now tonight!

BKWDR wrote: »
    Excited to see how Tebow gets on now tonight!

I doubt he even gets more than a handful of snaps at QB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I doubt he even gets more than a handful of snaps at QB!
    He is the third QB, he is likely to get at least a quarter and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,306 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah here. That eagles D is great between the two 20 yard lines. It's inside that that the problems start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Awesome start by Ridley.:D NFL is back, woohooo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Its football baby!!!!

Nice start:D

Great start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Bad start!

Masked Man wrote: »
    Bad start!

Go on desean ya legend.

Nice to see desean trying again

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah here. That eagles D is great between the two 20 yard lines. It's inside that that the problems start.

We had its a compleatly new scheme and staff and most of the players are different

Great td

Nice!

Anybody know anything about Quentin Sims?

Brady one more series...mall or tebow in...mix?

cause the tuck rule only works for the pats right :D

• Advertisement

Tebow needs to do better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement