Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Terrible by Tebow. Can't give up a sack in that position.

Decent first half by the Pats.
    Plenty of work to be done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Commentators in the Eagles game mentioned a cool fact: The patriots have won the same amount of games in the 19 seasons since Kraft became owner (it's 225 wins), as they did in their 34 year history up to that point.

Running game has had a big night.
    Blount and Ridley are a nice combo, with Vereen and Bolden also adding to the mix.

Tebow needs to simplify his game. Trust his receivers and throw the ball a lot quicker. Holding the ball as long as he does will result in sacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I know it's early, but there's a lot to be optimistic about, running game, Thompkins and Dobson looked decent. I thought Tommy Kelly looked good.

Tebow was as expected, secondary still looks poor, I was disappointed in Wilson, but all in all, a lot to be optimistic about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well the big thing out of that tonight was how good Blount looked. Kenbrell Thomkins looked quite good too and I can see him being kept.

Tebow is interesting, he was innacurate and he doesn't seem able to put a real zip on the ball but he has certainly been working on his throwing motion and his footwork and he looked a lot better tonight in those areas than I've ever seen him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

TO any insight into Gary Guyton? Titans have just signed him presumably as McCarthy looks to be injured (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

TO any insight into Gary Guyton? Titans have just signed him presumably as McCarthy looks to be injured (again)

Guyton's best seasons were 2009/2010, he played every game those seasons where he racked up 148 tackles and 4.5 sacks. After that he went off the boil in 2011. He has moved about a bit since he left us and I lost tabs on him. But right now I'd say at best, he's a servicable back up.

When I saw Sanchez throwing a pick-six to Ansah on his first pass and drive of the preseason game, I nearly fell of my chair it was so bad.

Anyway, this is the bold prediction I am making when he plays us.....

7ZCCaB.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers TO, i think last year he was signed and cut by 3 teams alone!

Cheers TO, i think last year he was signed and cut by 3 teams alone!

I think the auld age is catching up with ya :p, look at my username again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Brady hurt in practice? Any more word on how serious it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

SK1979 wrote: »
    Brady hurt in practice? Any more word on how serious it is?
    He only missed one play so I presume he is ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

me89 wrote: »
    He only missed one play so I presume he is ok?

Think he went off for one then came back and threw a few passes but then went off for good again. He walked off etc do hopefully he's OK. Worrying though all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

He'll be just fine.

RE:Brady - Thanks to the lack of brain cells brain cells in most journalist, their reports are not very clear.

Mulitple reports of 'Brady went down' none of the idiots specify if he slipped after an incompletion with Dobson. Or if he was hit in anyway. Kibda off a key bit of information you would have thought. One site did mention that he was hit by aboterh player, but gave no more details. Afterwards, he briefly returned to throw another three passes but then left and was clearly not comfortable. The worry is, this is his old ACL injury knee (left knee).

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about, but it is a timely reminder that he needs to be protected. We lose Brady, forget about it. What he has done this offseason and during training camp has been outstanding. Working with an entirely new bunch of targets. He has brillianly intergated our rookie WR's + Sudfeld into the offense.

After the nightmare offseason and losing all his leading targets. We now have an offense with a kind of targets, that he has lacked really since Moss left. He must stay healthy, because this year he could really do something special.

Some more details from a good reliable source....

Mike Reiss just reporting that Solder was pushed back into Brady, just after he threw the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Tebow/Brady QB controversy in 5...4...3...

Here's a photo after Brady got hit..

7EnyzN.jpg

And the biggest surprise is the same man who has been a big proponent of knee braces, wasn't waering one eek.gif. Hopefully everythings works out alright. And after today, I reckon Brady will be wearing braces even in bed.

The MRI on Brady's knee has revealed no ligament damage and no damage to the old ACL injury site. The injury has been categorised as a knee sprain. Brady is likey to practise tomorrow, but I would prefer if he doesn't.

Knee strains can often take 4-5 weeks to sort themselves out. Personally I wouldn't be bothered if he didn't play another snap in a preseason game. We had a very close call today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Unapologetic

Season almost went up in smokes there.

While I agree to a certain extent about limiting him in preseason, the offense is so green we need as much time as possible to gel otherwise regular season performances will suffer and it's not like we have an elite defense to counter that.

• Advertisement

Welcom to the forum new Pats fan.

He will be getting more preseason game reps, but they'll be kept to a minimun like the Eagles game. I'd prefer to give him the Buccs game off, but Brady intends to play once his knee is reexamined later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Do you think it would be realistic that the Pats would cut Tebow from the roster or keep him on as a third string warming the bench at this stage?

BKWDR wrote: »
    Do you think it would be realistic that the Pats would cut Tebow from the roster or keep him on as a third string warming the bench at this stage?
    Third string, but won't see match day.

BKWDR wrote: »

He could be cut and he could be kept. But if he does stay, then his main use will be running a read option for our defense to pratice against. A number three QB should run the scout teams. But I don't think he has the ability to do that - right noe he's much to slow on his plays & reads to be of any use there.Mallett did a fine job running scout teams last year, so I think it will stay with him.

That said, if he does stay, I think Bill and Josh will have some sneaky stuff planned for him during the season. Throwing ability and mechanics aside, he's a great kid with a great work attitude. He does everything the Coaches ask of him and more. He's usually the last to leave the practive field and he seems really happy as a Patriot. So if he stays, it would be intersting to see how he has progressed this time next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 Unapologetic

He isn't a viable QB in the pats system, I could see him being used in certain situations depending on the match up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

It was tebow's birthday yesterday as well!

Masked Man wrote: »

And today is mine.

7P8kVS.jpg

Veteran WR Michael Jenkins has been released. No surprise there because he has been left behind by the performances of the rookies. It is also another very good sign that the team really like their rookies and are putting their faith in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Masked Man wrote: »

And this from Boston -
    True Tebow believers, or those who love a good story and page views, are thrilled with the potential of Tebow's chances to play with the Patriots under any circumstances. They/we will note that Tebow was drafted by current Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels with the No. 25 pick in the 2010 NFL draft when McDaniels was coaching in Denver....
    At least, Tebow brings some excitement to a team that is woefully average without Brady, especially if Mallett is running the offense.

• Advertisement

From Boston what? What is the actual link? Out of courtesy, if you are going to quote then at least give us a link.

But tbh, it doesn't matter anyway, because who ever made that statement is obviously an idiot. If Brady had of suffered a serious knee injury yesterday? Then I have a better chance than Tebow has, of passing Mallett out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement