Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

From Boston what? What is the actual link? Out of courtesy, if you are going to quote then at least give us a link.
    My apologies - I thought I had included the link.
    But tbh, it doesn't matter anyway, because who ever made that statement is obviously an idiot. If Brady had of suffered a serious knee injury yesterday? Then I have a better chance than Tebow has, of passing Mallett out.
    CM - you are missing the point I was making - for the Tebow fans it doesn't make a blind bit of difference - if Brady goes down they will be baying for Tebow to start irrespective of what he can do in the Pats offence and they will be creating a whirlwind until Mallet is dumped just like the did in Denver with Orton. All you have to do with Tebow fans is give them a chink of light and they are like an uncontrollable galloping herd. The Broncos experienced it - the Jets experienced it - and if anything happens to Brady, the Pats will experience it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

so...?

The fans aren't making any decisions in New England.

for the Tebow fans it doesn't make a blind bit of difference - if Brady goes down they will be baying for Tebow to start irrespective of what he can do in the Pats offence and they will be creating a whirlwind until Mallet is dumped just like the did in Denver with Orton. All you have to do with Tebow fans is give them a chink of light and they are like an uncontrollable galloping herd. The Broncos experienced it - the Jets experienced it - and if anything happens to Brady, the Pats will experience it too.

Well thankfully Tebowmania fans are few and far between in New England. We aren't the Broncos and we cetainly ain't the Jets. And as promised, Tebowmania has disappeared on the practice fields at Gillette. Not that you would know, but Tebow has been booed on multiple occasions - because he was so slow at making his reads and trying to decide who to pass to. So nope, there ain't no Tebowmania in New England I can assure you.

Pats fans couldn't give a crap about Tebow. We've been spoiled by the excellence and mastery of Brady for all these years. So when Tebow takes reps, they'll let him know what they think of him if he's not up to standard. In fairness to Tebow, I think he has really enjoyed working with a team that has a no divas, no crap attitude to all players.

The assortment of Tebow groupies/trolls are really irrelevant to us. Of course they can dream and rave all they want, but thankfully they hold no sway amongst Pats fans. I could if you like, link you to a US Pats forum I'm a member off. But I warn you, they are pretty brutal on all things Tebow.

As I said here and in other threads before, I really like Tebow and he's a wonderful role model for young kids. Will he start if brady went down? Not a chance. But the team will find a use for him no doubt. Many think he can't be improved, but he's never had anyone like Brady around. Maybe a couple of years under Brady will help him, but only time will tell.

Good to know that Brady is wearing his knee brace at practice today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Good to see someone follows mods rules and stays out of threads he is advised of staying out of oh wait. No surprise he picks up on a nonsense article written by a "obnoxious boston fan". Good to see someone cant see hack writing and a piss taking all at the same time. The fact no one put their name behind the article sums it up. But hey good man for following rules jolly and good man for getting sucked into it. I find it hilarious you keep telling us Tebowmania is coming with the Pats and you are the one who is clearing trying to push it around these parts even though you keep telling us you hate Tebow.

Your agenda is pretty clear. Start Tebowmania threads and then tell everyone your opinion of it on how you hate it and how everyone excluding you buys into Tebowmania. Am I right? Of course I am.

Oh and the Tebow thread is where you were told to take this sh1te to begin with but again no surprises you can't help yourself.

And here is the clown that wrote the article and his blog:

http://www.obnoxiousbostonfan.com/

Yeah its safe to say he and his opinion are his own. His own blog is nothing but rubbish. Surprised Boston.com even gave his tripe the time of day. Having said that real New England sports fans dont tend to go to said website for their sports news to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Not that you would know, but Tebow has been booed on multiple occasions - because he was so slow at making his reads and trying to decide who to pass to.
    This is interesting CM - because while some heckling has taken place from what I have been reading its not all a one way street -
    Tebow, who actually throws a decent deep ball, grounded a number of the shorter throws, eliciting delight from some and exasperated groans from others...

Almost everyone had an opinion on Tebow and they were happy to share it—often unprompted—with anyone near them. At the end of practice rivalrous groups alternated chanting his name and booing as he practiced running the read option with the running backs corps.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2013/07/29/what-youll-find-at-patriots-training-camp/

From the Boston Globe
    By 5:07, the field emptied. One player remained.

Dozens of fans spilled behind a roped-off corner, leaning as close as they could to the field. They waved footballs, hats, and programs.

They called his name, again and again. They sounded like a flock of seagulls.

“Tee-bow!” they cried. “Teee-bow! Teeee-bow!”

and

"My Heart is still pumping" said Alaina Doyle, a Maine resident who posed for a picture with Tebow, her husband, Drew, and their 2-year-old son.

“Framing it, blowing it up, I don’t even know,” Alaina said. “It’s definitely going up in our house.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/08/04/patriots-quarterback-tim-tebow-connects-with-fans-with-his-signing-autographs/PxNph85iPgiYMDPRbkBYhK/story.html

Undoubtedly there are very many Pats fans that will let him know what they think when he doesn't produce - it also appears that there are Tebow fans around who think he walks on water.

Of course none of this will be an issue as long as Brady stays healthy - the question is what will happen if he does his knee again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Are Pats playing tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Tristram wrote: »
    Are Pats playing tonight?
    At home to Tampa.
    Thank you Game Pass :)

Jolly, please take the Tebow 'hype' comments to the Tebow thread. We'll discuss his footballing performances here, the Tebow thread can deal with the other stuff.

This is interesting CM - because while some heckling has taken place from what I have been reading its not all a one way street -

Some heckling? He has been booed throughout camp for being way too slow making reads and his slow decision making when making a pass. And his accuracy at times has been just terrible. Patriot fans don't like it when a QB is running around for 15 seconds trying to find a target.

And?.......And?

Breaking New: Some kids love Tebow

And this tells us what exactly? Everyone knows he’s a gentleman and he will sign autographs until the cow comes home. Of course kids tend to love him and as I already said, he’s a good role model. But how does any of this mean he will be a starter over Mallett?
    Of course none of this will be an issue as long as Brady stays healthy - the question is what will happen if he does his knee again.

I have already addressed this in my earlier post and you either didn’t read it or chose to ignore the opinion of a Pats fan, with 32 years following the team under his belt. But once again you post the same thing and offer or say nothing. Maybe you should be more concerned if Manning goes down? Perhaps you guys will even resign Tebow and go one better this year by winning a playoff game.

I know there are a fair amount of Denver fans that still pine for Tebow. And your fixation on him in here, certainly seems to suggest that you fall into that category. But keep it to your own team thread please. There has been a Moderator warning on Tebow already in this thread and I assumed you would have the decency to respect it. So I’ll tell you straight up, If you post anything again concerning Tebow I will report you. Because you are just spamming the thread with a topic, that was already addressed by the Moderator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

FFS, Tebow will never get a start at QB for the Patriots.

If for whatever reason Brady and Mallet were both struck by lightening tomorrow, BB would be quick to sign a FA more suitable to running the offence.

Tebow is there only to play a role. Whatever Tebow fans want is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Some heckling? He has been booed throughout camp for being way too slow making reads and his slow decision making when making a pass. And his accuracy at times has been just terrible. Patriot fans don't like it when a QB is running around for 15 seconds trying to find a target.

And?.......And?

Breaking New: Some kids love Tebow

And this tells us what exactly? Everyone knows he’s a gentleman and he will sign autographs until the cow comes home. Of course kids tend to love him and as I already said, he’s a good role model. But how does any of this mean he will be a starter over Mallett?

I have already addressed this in my earlier post and you either didn’t read it or chose to ignore the opinion of a Pats fan, with 32 years following the team under his belt. But once again you post the same thing and offer or say nothing. Maybe you should be more concerned if Manning goes down? Perhaps you guys will even resign Tebow and go one better this year by winning a playoff game.

I know there are a fair amount of Denver fans that still pine for Tebow. And your fixation on him in here, certainly seems to suggest that you fall into that category. But keep it to your own team thread please. There has been a Moderator warning on Tebow already in this thread and I assumed you would have the decency to respect it. So I’ll tell you straight up, If you post anything again concerning Tebow I will report you. Because you are just spamming the thread with a topic, that was already addressed by the Moderator.
    :D

Really looking forward to tonight game.
    Don't get me wrong, this is just pre-season, and the result in many ways is meaningless (but winning can at least inspire confidence after a less than ideal off season with the distraction of Hernandez).

There's a lot that we already know, i.e. that Brady and the OL will be spot on again this year, there's nothing to worry about there.
    With Brady, I have confidence that Amendola, Fells and Hooman, and possible two of the new WR's will do enough to win the division in the air. Plus, if a fit Gronk returns by week 9/10, then this team should wrap up another Div title.
    We'd a good running game last year, and any slight improvement will help our passing game.

What I'm really looking to see is:
    Sudfeld - Nice cameo last week. Made a play after the catch for extra yards, and he made the final block for Blount's 1st TD. This guy could be huge for us if initial impressions are to be believed.
    Blount - Can he follow up on last week, and can the running game continue to impress? We will need to run the ball well if we want to go more than 1 and out in the playoffs.
    Vereen - Who isn't hopeful on this guy? I loved Woodhead, but Vereen can go to the next level.

We really had an unprecedented off-season, will all the crap and drama. Yet right now, it really looks like we could be going into the season with 4 rookies - Dobson, Boyce, Thompkins and Sudfeld making up the core of Brady's targets.

Now that would be pretty amazing. Because no QB has ever gone through the amount of change of receiving targets, that Brady has throughout his career. The fact that he now appears to have integrated them so well into the offense, is nothing short of remarkable.

Not too long ago, I was dreading the start of the season. But right now I don't think I have ever been so excited heading into a season. Once our young lads keep going in the right direction and if we can have some luck with injuries during the important part of the season. Then who know what might happen this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It really doesn't matter a jot how healthy the Pats are in September, barring Brady's knee giving in. They'll make the play-offs regardless, as they invariably do.

If they're healthy in Janauary, that's when it'll matter. And likewise if they're not, that's when any major injuries will come back to bite them. I'd be nursing Gronk like a big, over-sized baby with being match-fit and match-sharp for late December the only real consideration. Anything extra would just be a bonus.

Syferus wrote: »
    I'd be nursing Gronk like a big, over-sized baby with being match-fit and match-sharp for late December the only real consideration. Anything extra would just be a bonus.

Yes I agree, just give me a fit and sharp Gronk when we really need him for once. And if that happens? Then watch out, because it will be......

6QUH25.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Pretty cool tool posted on Patsfans.com: http://patspicker.patsfans.com/

The more i mess with the tool, the less and less likely Tebow makes the team.

My attempt:
    QB (2) Brady, Mallett
    RB (4) Ridley, Vereen, Washington, Blount
    WR (6) Amendola, Dobson, Boyce, Slater, Thompkins, Edelman
    TE (4) Hoomanawanui, Ballard, Fells, Sudfeld
    C (1) Wendell
    G (4) Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, Patterson
    T (4) Vollmer, Solder, Zusevics, Svitek
    DE (5) Ninkovich, Francis, Cunningham, Bequette, Jones
    DT (4) Wilfork, Forston, Grissom, Kelly
    ILB(2) Spikes, Fletcher
    OLB(3) Mayo, Collins, Hightower
    CB (6) Talib, Arrington, Cole, Ryan, Dowling, Dennard
    SS (3) Wilson, Wilson, Ebner
    FS (2) McCourty, Gregory
    ST (3) Mesko, Aiken, Gostkowski

Total players: 53

FYI Gronk and Armstead start on PUP.

Pretty light on the OL and i just picked Patterson as a G just because their is no way we start the season with just 3 Gs. I expect a veteran pickup for Patterson's spot.

Pretty light on LB and DT. But i expect either Beauharnais, Tarpinian, Vellano to be on the practice squad and called up when needed and Koutouvides to be available off the street when needed.

What a beautiful drive.
    Brady, Danny, Vereen, Ridley, and Sudfeld.
    This team will score pts.
    But will the defence be good enough???

It really was and a couple of sweet lasers from Tom. Great catch from Sudfeld and Blount looks like a real battering ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

How good does Tom look. I could sit and watch him play all day long.:D

• Advertisement

me89 wrote: »
    How good does Tom look. I could sit and watch him play all day long.:D

I think we all could, one word sums him up - imperious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Chandler Jones is just a beast.

Is there a legit battle for punter? I guess we'd save a decent bit of money by replacing Mesko with somebody decent, but I was under the impression that Mesko's stats were some of the best in the league.

me89 wrote: »
    Chandler Jones is just a beast.

If he goes into beast mode this season, god help the league.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Is there a legit battle for punter? I guess we'd save a decent bit of money by replacing Mesko with somebody decent, but I was under the impression that Mesko's stats were some of the best in the league.

I think Allen can match him kick for kick. Last week Allen averaged 54 yards a punt and Mesko averaged 44.3 yards.

I read some article that said it could come down to release and hang time, where Mesko has the edge. I just think I remember reading something that said Mesko was elite had leaving the other team deep in their own half, I guess the offense helps with that though. Zoltan is pretty badass and seems like a tough dude, would suck to lose him.

I think Mesko has the edge on where he puts the punt. Love Mesko, one crazy dude. If you ask me, Gost should be getting the competition not Mesko.

Oh look, surprise, surprise, Marquice Cole leaves a big hole for the TD.

That 1 on 1 thing with Brady and Strahan needs to be linked in here at the weekend!

• Advertisement

2 penalties and 15 yards given up by the field goal unit. Gost was unlucky to hit the upright on that 50 yarder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement