Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC price increases - Comreg's complete capitulation and abdication of responsibility

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Elessar wrote: »
    My mother signed up to UPC digital TV just before christmas. I am with UPC for broadband for over 2 years. Now, my mother hates it. She's getting fewer stations than she thought she was plus the program guide is very slow and sluggish. She wants to go back to sky. On top of this, we have just got the first bill and UPC have overcharged us (I KNEW this would happen, but she wouldn't listen). Unfortunately we are now in a 12 month contract.

We want to cancel so I can just go back to broadband only (never had a problem until we added the TV) and so she can go back to sky.

Do these price increases mean a change of contract, thus allowing customers to cancel their contract without penalty? I remember O2 did similar and because of the change, people were allowed to cancel their contracts with them.

Hi all,

Just to update this thread: Success!

After emailing UPC complaining about not being told of the price increase (and copying ComReg) they did not respond within the 10 working days.

ComReg followed it up for me and lodged a formal complaint on my behalf. I got a call from UPC two days later (there is a specific person who deals with ComReg complaints alone!) and she cancelled the contract for me :D

Result! Thanks to the OP and others in this thread for the help. We're now going back to Sky for TV but I will be signing up for UPC broadband again once the dust settles. I never had a problem with them until we added the TV package, and they offer the best internet deal for me (30mb Fibre power).

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Hmmm, I think giving comreg a kick up the hole is proper order. Telecoms are a joke, vodafone keep dropping calls, eircom line rental is still too high and BB is still tied to eircom equipment.

Some nice press coverage in the times would be a good read!

Advertisement