Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I graduate being short 5 credits?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I'm pretty sure I've received a NG for a module I never handed up an essay for. That would mean I have 145 credits out of the 150 needed to graduate. Do I have to go back and pay fee's to complete one module? I don't think passing by compensation works on a No grade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Unless theres a semester 2 option for the module.

Or if its an elective I think you can register for 2 electives in a semester and just pay the fees associated with doing an extra elective. Not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This page should give an idea of what the cost could be.

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/repeats/first_year.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

OSI wrote: »
    Cost of an extra elective (substitution) is usually far more expensive than a repeat though.

But it would mean they could graduate on time and start their masters/career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

OSI wrote: »
    Cost of an extra elective (substitution) is usually far more expensive than a repeat though.

If the repeat option was not available in semester 2, then it is the only option that does not involve paying for half the registration fee in the following year. And as PandorasBox says, the OP can graduate on time.

€344 is not that much expensive than €230 either. Obviously anything is a lot for a student, but it is much cheaper than coming back in September.

Although hopefully for the OPs sake, there is an immediate repeat option. You can check that out in the course descriptor by reading the option describing what happens if you fail.

Advertisement