Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this even legal?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Jagle wrote: »
    ok honestly, do you think a child can fully understand and use the xbox to its potential, im pretty tech savvy but when i was a kid if there was an xbox i probably couldnt of understood how to use it properly, and if my mother sat me down and said, dont click on anything that says buy because you will owe me money for it, i probably wouldnt of wasted my parents money, is my point
    Yes I do think a child can understand a xbox sure most of them can hack them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Jagle

Yes I do think a child can understand a xbox sure most of them can hack them now.

yes 6 year olds can hack:rolleyes:, would love you to show me where kids are hacking there xboxs, and by hacking i dont mean getting an older brothers friend to get some guy they know to put in a mod chip to play burned games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

ok honestly, do you think a child can fully understand and use the xbox to its potential, im pretty tech savvy but when i was a kid if there was an xbox i probably couldnt of understood how to use it properly, and if my mother sat me down and said, dont click on anything that says buy because you will owe me money for it, i probably wouldnt of wasted my parents money, is my point

if your parents said dont click something the first thing you're going to do is click it as soon as they turn their heads :rolleyes:

op
    when you cancel the account, try using live codes or other sites, check out the sticky at the top of the xbox forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

these will email you the code and your child has no access to your cc. you can also buy microsoft points for him/her and when they're gone they're gone he cant spend any more of your money

Did I say a 6 year old anywhere in my post.

Did I say a 6 year old anywhere in my post.

no but we were talking about kids and i went with a pretty good age,
    what age would suit you better for explaining kids hacking xbox's your choice

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    if your parents said dont click something the first thing you're going to do is click it as soon as they turn their heads :rolleyes:

op
    when you cancel the account, try using live codes or other sites, check out the sticky at the top of the xbox forum. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055846688

these will email you the code and your child has no access to your cc. you can also buy microsoft points for him/her and when they're gone they're gone he cant spend any more of your money

Ye its a bit cheaper aswell than buying in stores.

10 or 11 and don't say there not kids cause they are.

10 or 11 and don't say there not kids cause they are.

i agree they are kids, 12 i would consider no longer kids, ok now to finsih what we were talking about show me 10 and 11 year olds that are openly hacking the os and software of the xbox and ps3, come on admit defeat on that one at least

No I wont cause I guarantee You that if you go online on a game you will get a kid with a JTag'ed or flashed xbox that they probably did themselves.Can we just leave it now?

No I wont cause I guarantee You that if you go online on a game you will get a kid with a JTag'ed or flashed xbox that they probably did themselves.Can we just leave it now?

cool no problem thanks:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Why the rolled eyes?

cool no problem thanks:rolleyes:

showing you someone of any age on here hacking a xbox would be against the rules and charter so i dont think i will.
    http://forums.xbox.com/1386/ShowForum.aspx

have a read here. you'll find alot of my son this and my son that

and also the best one there
    sonwasban.png

im rolling my eyes because after you claim its easy for kids to hack xbox's or ps3's you fail to show any proof, i dont want a link to how to do it i want a link to an article showing how a 10 or 11 year old managed to crack something deep within the xbox such as the recent ps3 security crack weave had the last week, links to support forums where kids have followed guides on google is not hacking,

but we are completely off topic here, my original point was, the mother should know that these consoles come with this built in cc memory as most xbox or ps3 games are adults and this is a very handy feature to have, such as with itunes or any other subscription service, and that maybe she should talk to the child about how to use the console properly and supervise him while doing so, not all the time just check up on the console make sure he isnt buying stuff, you know be a responsible adult

Yes it is a good feature and I agree that she should check up on him and make sure he isnt buying stuff without his or her permission .

im rolling my eyes because after you claim its easy for kids to hack xbox's or ps3's you fail to show any proof, i dont want a link to how to do it i want a link to an article showing how a 10 or 11 year old managed to crack something deep within the xbox such as the recent ps3 security crack weave had the last week, links to support forums where kids have followed guides on google is not hacking,

but we are completely off topic here, my original point was, the mother should know that these consoles come with this built in cc memory as most xbox or ps3 games are adults and this is a very handy feature to have, such as with itunes or any other subscription service, and that maybe she should talk to the child about how to use the console properly and supervise him while doing so, not all the time just check up on the console make sure he isnt buying stuff, you know be a responsible adult

most people do follow a guide or a video on youtube to do it ?
    even adults follow these guides

most people do follow a guide or a video on youtube to do it ?
    even adults follow these guides

thats not hacking tho is it

thats not hacking tho is it

yes?:confused:

it will still get them banned off xbox live
    one person figures something out and everyone else follows suit.

yes?:confused:

it will still get them banned off xbox live
    one person figures something out and everyone else follows suit.

just cos it gets you banned off xbox live doesnt mean its the 10 year old thats hacking, getting someone to put a mod chip in my xbox wouldnt be hacking yet thatll get me banned

just cos it gets you banned off xbox live doesnt mean its the 10 year old thats hacking, getting someone to put a mod chip in my xbox wouldnt be hacking yet thatll get me banned

its modding which yeah will get you banned. hacking game lobbies will get you banned and you dont see it as much on xbox now because ms is really strict on banning accounts. changing your avatar colour will even get you banned. thats hacking the system and you see on the link i posted kids made their avatars green and got banned for HACKING
    they hack lobbies in call of duty all the time. some are adults, some are teenagers, some are KIDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I browsed back quickly but I thought I should mention I just removed the credit card details of the parents card on xbox.com. Added my shiny new details so im still not saving money :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

You can click cancel on the subscription online. It doesnt actually cancel the subscription, but cancels automatic renewal (which is something you probably dont want anyway?).
    It should allow you to remove the details then i think.

Advertisement