Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fiat Coupe Turbo

• 14-01-2011 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

HI Folks, I'm very new to this forum so please excuse. I am about to inherit a 2007 Fiat Coupe 20 Valve Turbo. It has around fifty thousand miles done. I know the Cam belt has been changed, but not the water pump. Another thing is that the alternator soe not seem to charge the battery??? The car starts fine most times, but if used at night with full lights on it totally drains the car. You guys seem to know lots about these cars. Will the engine have to come out to change the alternator? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Hi there, welcome to boards, I just moved this post to a thread of it's own, the one you post in is over 2 years old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

07 Fiat coupe? I thought there was none newer than early noughties?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I owned one a few years back. The last ones were made in 2000 so it couldn't be a 2007.

I'm not sure about the alternator as I never had that problem with mine. But I know the timing belt is practically an engine out job on the Coupe so I'd imagine the alternator is a pretty big job. The engine bay on the Coupe is very tight which makes working on them very difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 McShaft

Hi Folks

My apologies for the typo. Quite right, it is a 97 model.

Anyone know a good mechanic who can service the car and do any nescessary bits and pieces to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's Gerry Campbell in Dublin - he's a real gentleman, but that's probably too far for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I had a FIAT with "timing belt done" - of course it had been done on the cheap and it was the tensioner that broke. Check out with the owner if the tensioners were done. You may be as well to do belts/tensioners/waterpump/alternator all in one go if it's engine out job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

langdang wrote: »
    I had a FIAT with "timing belt done" - of course it had been done on the cheap and it was the tensioner that broke. Check out with the owner if the tensioners were done. You may be as well to do belts/tensioners/waterpump/alternator all in one go if it's engine out job

The book does say engine out for the belts and waterpump, but it may be the case that if the engine is lowered onto a dolly and moved away from the inner wing, then there is enough room to do the belts.

Advertisement