Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brandy n Baileys...she's back

Options
  • 14-01-2011 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

God where do i start...welcome back everyone, i see your all highly motivated and running around like mini Sonia O'Sullivan's:( I'm not jealous at all...

So the hips have got a bit wider, the head gone a bit jollier and overall i've enjoyed my post DCM & Christmas Holiday, A BIT TOO MUCH:P

So now i need to start putting the wheels back in motion. I honestly don't know where to start with a plan for races this year, any ideas from anyone?

To date i haven't been as bad as a slob as i think, i have been mountain hiking alot over the Christmas with the snow at ours. Also got in a good few runs, nothing mental, 7/8 milers. Alot of walking too. Recently starting rock climbing and i love it, i thought running gave you happy endorphins.

Anyway, my plan is another marathon this year, DCM definitely - would like to do 2, maybe Kildare aswell in May. Other than that no plans.

So everyone please let me know how your doing and what your plans are i need inspiration.

Lastly, i couldn't be arsed looking up my PB's etc. from last year, so will do that later when i have my running head back:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

JEmily wrote: »
    God where do i start...welcome back everyone, i see your all highly motivated and running around like mini Sonia O'Sullivan's:( I'm not jealous at all...

So the hips have got a bit wider, the head gone a bit jollier and overall i've enjoyed my post DCM & Christmas Holiday, A BIT TOO MUCH:P

So now i need to start putting the wheels back in motion. I honestly don't know where to start with a plan for races this year, any ideas from anyone?

To date i haven't been as bad as a slob as i think, i have been mountain hiking alot over the Christmas with the snow at ours. Also got in a good few runs, nothing mental, 7/8 milers. Alot of walking too. Recently starting rock climbing and i love it, i thought running gave you happy endorphins.

Anyway, my plan is another marathon this year, DCM definietly would like to do 2, maybe Kildare aswell in May. Other than that no plans.

So everyone please let me know how your doing and what your plans are i need inspiration.

Lastly, i couldn't be arsed looking up my PB's etc. from last year, so will do that later when i have my running head back:eek:

You were always partial to clambering up on a couple of rocks:D Welcome back to the asylum;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Its all about speed now - 5 mile and 5k races. See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Good to see you back J :) Sounds like you have been busy! And as for rock climbing, the thoughts sends shivers down my spine :eek:

Best of luck with the 2011 plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Welcome back! We need somebody around here to keep those two (you know who I mean!) in check!
    Best of luck for your plans, whatever they may be in 2011. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Welcome back boss, let the games begin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

RayCun wrote: »
    Its all about speed now - 5 mile and 5k races. See you there!

Anyone doing the 5k race this Sunday?

Anyone doing the 5k race this Sunday?

Yeah, I'll be there, I think jcsmum, shazkea too...

I'm sorry i haven't updated you thread in a long, long time. Work and other crap in the way.

Anyway to make up for it i've been hitting the roads and hills in my new Asics 2130's which i love. I've put the brand new Brooks practically in the bin as i hate them (and they gave me calf strain before DCM last year). I'm sure they are brilliant but i just feel the changes are too great especially after wearing them for miles of walking and i still can't break them in:mad:

So i've clocked up a 4 miler (uphill) run on Tuesday this week, kettlebell class Wednesday, 8.9 miler last night so i may find a nice LSR coming on the weekend. We'll see...

Am feeling good but i really want to enjoy running again with no pressure. So for now i'm going to concentrate on enjoying and i don't know but DCM 2011 is in the back of my mind (i must be mad). Sub 4 or less is a calling...

I've a 5k fun run on in April so will do that and have nothing else planned YET.

So did Digger do anything else major after DCM yet, am dying to know...

Did RK do another marathon yet?

And is MrSlow becoming the serious roadrunner?

Did RayCun take over the runners world?

Did RayCun take over the runners world?

Sssshhh, it's a secret plan

RK ran a sub 4 in Barcelona!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Did RK do another marathon yet?

3:59:00 in Barcelona and gave myself a dose of ITBS in the process. :eek:

You make it sound so dirty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Sounds like you've been busy JEmily, good work! You'll do DCM 2011, you know you want to.

Nice to see you back posting :)

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Wowzers, that's brilliant, well done you. I'm soooo jealous. Ah sure it was worth the pain i'm sure. In years to come you'll still be talking about "that 3.59 marathon in Barcelona where i picked up IT band strain" :)

Well done again.

I'm sorry i haven't updated you thread in a long, long time. Work and other crap in the way.

So did Digger do anything else major after DCM yet, am dying to know...
    QUOTE]

Well he's been busy updating his flourescent running attire :rolleyes::D

Glad to see you posting again. A sub 4 is definitely on the cards for you this year.
    I've signed up to do Cork in June, sub 4 is the goal. :)
    I am doing the 5k on Sunday, not really looking forward to it to be honest, but it's cool running through the streets of Dublin if nothing else!

Well B 'n' B......Good to have you back...Stay here this time;) I haven't raced since DCM but have been keeping things ticking over, started January with a bang (easy lads) but not such a great February...Anyway, upping the mileage again and am running the 10 miler in Mallow on the 27th and looking at possibly doing the Cork Marathon, in discussion with mr-not so-slow about it!

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Well B 'n' B......Good to have you back...Stay here this time;) I haven't raced since DCM but have been keeping things ticking over, started January with a bang (easy lads) but not such a great February...Anyway, upping the mileage again and am running the 10 miler in Mallow on the 27th and looking at possibly doing the Cork Marathon, in discussion with mr-not so-slow about it!

Better pack my shades so! :cool:

jcsmum wrote: »
    Better pack my shades so! :cool:

And bring your Husband ;)

Does anyone have a name/number for a good sports massage therapist or physio in Dublin or Kildare/Wicklow who will actually rub out knots in your back, legs etc.

I'm going to a fab girl in Athy but it's so far to go, was just wondering if anyone know someone else good too so i can swap on alternative weeks.

Need about 6 weeks of intense massage as my back etc. has got so bad now it's like a piece of brick.

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement