Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Twin Shotgun Cable ?

• 14-01-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I bought a quad LNB upgrade kit from a UK seller on Ebay. He sent me 20 metres of Twin 63-008A cable. It's pretty thin and I was just wondering if this stuff will be ok? I have a fixed dish for 28.2 only atm.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Tis rubbish.
    Only good for very short runs. Shielding on some kinds is poor enough to let in DECT phones.

Just add extra runs as required of TX100 or PF100 or similar quality cable.

You can put RCA plugs on it and use it as Stereo Hifi Cable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

watty wrote: »
    Tis rubbish.
    Only good for very short runs. Shielding on some kinds is poor enough to let in DECT phones.

Just add extra runs as required of TX100 or PF100 or similar quality cable.

You can put RCA plugs on it and use it as Stereo Hifi Cable :)

thanks watty, if it's that bad then its for the bin unless anyone wants this run then? 20m twin cable going free if anyone wants it.

Advertisement