Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allergy Testing Food Intolerence testing

Options
  • 14-01-2011 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hello

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to have some allergy testing and food intolerence testing done. Not the ones now where they prick your finger and test for lots of things (dont think they work very well) but a full on proper one...

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think you need to go to your GP for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I found this thread from a couple of years ago, dunno if its any help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68749750

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Thanks for the link i shall have a look through it see what is there...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I know that the Bons Hospital do them but you need a letter from your GP. It is done by a full blood test.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh yes I spotted that in the link posted. I might ask my GP so about this. I got one of the ones ages ago in the health store but it is true they just tell you your allergic to everything that they dont sell in the store. I was a veggie at the time and the only thing i could eat according to them was red meat and seasame sticks... Hopefully one of these blood test will tell a bit more..thanks for all the info:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭farmerval

Milly,

Just found this thread on a search and wondered how you got on?

I'm looking at getting a food intolerance test done, but don't know much about them.

Advertisement