Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Drug Problem..

• 14-01-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

We hear and read read stats about a drug problem esp heroin in Waterford but most times I pick up a paper its always court cases about people been caught with hash etc.. are people not been caught or are the media not highlighting stories involving this drug. I have read other threads about muggings etc but only for boards you might not even hear about them.
    Does anybody have any stories of seeing people shooting up etc or the places in town to avoid.. I know the Glen and Ballybricken have a few gaunt heads hanging around.:eek:

Bottom line: How bad is our drug problem???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Waterford has a drug problem? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

We hear and read read stats about a drug problem esp heroin in Waterford but most times I pick up a paper its always court cases about people been caught with hash etc.. are people not been caught or are the media not highlighting stories involving this drug. I have read other threads about muggings etc but only for boards you might not even hear about them.
    Does anybody have any stories of seeing people shooting up etc or the places in town to avoid.. I know the Glen and Ballybricken have a few gaunt heads hanging around.:eek:

Bottom line: How bad is our drug problem???

The munster express ran a big story last year on heroin and how it is effecting the city.

But on a serious note Waterford has a very big drug problem,you won't see people shooting up on the streets or anything like that.

I have seen the effect heroin and cocaine has on people,myself included in the latter,and I was at two funerals in 2009 one from cocaine and one from heroin both men were in there early thirties,I was also at a 25yr olds funeral last year who died from cocaine,I have known of at least 5 people who died from drugs over the last two years but these don't get reported in the papers,because most of the time theses lads come from honest decent families and it's probably not something you would want in the papers saying your son was a drug addict.

Cocaine has been in Waterford for a long time over ten years I'd reckon,heroin has been here a lot longer than people think too,but it's only over the last 2/3 years it has got worse and it's slowly taking over cocaine as the number 1 class A drug in the city,there is a few reasons for that one of which is the price, heroin is a lot cheaper than cocaine for one.But you shouldn't associate all heroin users with the idea that they are shooting up as a lot of people smoke it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would say it has actually Mitch but compared to the likes of Dublin we are not a 1/4 as bad.

I would usually (right or wrongly) attribute the various attacks that we read about to drug use. However, I am a small town country lad so these kinda things still shock me so someone with a bit of perspective might see no real problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

on chatting to my 17 year old nephew yesterday the drug of choice amongst his age group is ketamine!:confused: Scary!!!:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Ketamine is cheaper than coke and heroin again, I've never taken it myself, but it ****s you up beyond belief, which is what people are looking for, to get as whacked as possible for the smallest out lay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Meh what happened to the days of zippo fluid and tipex at lunch time in school!!!

Granted when I was about 20 ecstasy was all over the place same with speed. Enjoyed it myself for a few months, at 5 pound a tablet it was a good night out from what i could remember :P

Only drugs I see people using these days is hash, But then I aint out every weekend like i used to be

Stokolan wrote: »
    Meh what happened to the days of zippo fluid and tipex at lunch time in school!!!

Granted when I was about 20 ecstasy was all over the place same with speed. Enjoyed it myself for a few months, at 5 pound a tablet it was a good night out from what i could remember :P

Only drugs I see people using these days is hash, But then I aint out every weekend like i used to be

Ha ha I remember them myself,but sure it's probably not cool these days!

Bangers and speed are still all over the place,and it's a lot cheaper than 5 pound these days ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

The problem with drugs in Waterford is they're too darn expensive. I'm off to England next week in a van lads - if anyone wants any drugs bringing over just send me a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Get us some panadol. Sound.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Get us some panadol. Sound.

St John's wort, perhaps shaman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

If you want cheap drugs in England just go to any supermarket and pick up 16 ibuprofen tablets for 28pence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Stokolan wrote: »
    Exactly, and the Ferrybank punk rockers sniffing glue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

During work experience at Pets R Vets about 3 years ago the owner found a bag of used syringes on the sidewalk outside the shop, bloody nasty eh?

cocoshovel wrote: »
    During work experience at Pets R Vets about 3 years ago the owner found a bag of used syringes on the sidewalk outside the shop, bloody nasty eh?

Where i come from we call it a footpath,but your right it is nasty,and welcome to Ireland in so many bad ways.

sidewalk

:eek:

I suppose you people say lift when going on about elevators too?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I suppose you people say lift when going on about elevators too?

Shaman, we gave you a language. Kindly use it.

You also gave us Jim Davidson and Noel Edmonds. Some things can never be forgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Sigh* does it really matter if we call it sidewalk or foothpath, Elavator or Lift? I never understand why I'm met with such hostility when I say something like tiny that. Its not like I'm trying to do it, its just habbit :confused:

Sigh* does it really matter if we call it sidewalk or foothpath, Elavator or Lift? I never understand why I'm met with such hostility when I say something like tiny that. Its not like I'm trying to do it, its just habbit :confused:

To be honest its not hostility,it is the Waterford forum after all and the way we speak is a big deal,there is nothing wrong with calling it a sidewalk but its just something you wouldn't hear a blaa calling it,just as i say yella instead of yellow and Welsh instead of Walsh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement