Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FYI: Amazon Super Saver Delivery Issue

Options
  • 14-01-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Not a bargain alert, more of a notice that Amazon are having issues with their Super Saver Delivery selection for Irish customers.

I had e-mailed them on Wednesday in relation to a purchase that qualified for Super Saver but no option was given in the checkout to select Super Saver so I was charged £6.55 for delivery. They contacted me yesterday and today with updates and assure me they are working on the issue and in the meantime will refund the delivery charge.

If you're ordering and having a similar issue I'd advise e-mailing them and you should hopefully get a similar refund of the delivery charges.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Tech Guy Sligo

Just got a refund from them with no hassle.
    Great Customer Servce
    Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Cheers OP, you justed saved me £6.17..

:D Hey it all adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

yeah happened me a few months back, I emailed and got the refund too....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I noticed that in checkout there are 2 options, one normal delivery (with charge) and the other super saver. The normal delivery option was preselected / defaulted, so maybe keep an eye on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Noticed that also before Christmas. After some random removing and adding in again of the items I wanted I got the free delivery option. Seems to be a software bug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

i thought they had stopped the super saver delivery to ireland cos it did not work for me in the weeks up to xmas. thanks op,this will save me a fortune

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I bought stuff last week from them and the total came to £24.95 and I still got free delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Reply from Amazon:
    Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to avail free super saver delivery for your order ########. Due to some error your are not able to select free delivery.

However, as the order was eligible for Super Saver Delivery, we will be happy to apply the discount on this occasion. In this case please contact us after your order has been dispatched. We will be happy to provide refund for your delivery cost.

Was just browsing Amazon there and items far less than £25 are available to me with the Super Saver delivery! Previously you had to spend £25 or more. Maybe it's a bug but hopefully it's a permanent change. If you're thinking about buying something now's the time folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yup, same for me.
    Green Zone Steelbook is £11.08 after Irish VAT is added, and I have the option for free shipping.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Thanks op. Got a new printer at beginning of Jan and paid postage. Thought it was strange, but figured that it was because the printer was heavy.

Emailed them 30 mins ago and explained situation. They came back to say they were refunding £9.73 - result! Superfast customer service too.

Love Amazon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭epiphone

I tried to order a TV stand for delivery to Ireland but it wont accept my delivery address. I bought books last week without any problem. Do they not ship all goods here? Is there any way around this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

I had an issue with delivery today on an inflatable mattress. I wrote to them to ask them why that couldn't be delivered and they just quoted their all encompassing 'we can't deliver some items to all destinations policy' but were not able to explain why this item (only 3kg) wouldn't be delivered (it was an amazon item and was part of an order of £25 so I was lined up for free delivery). It was a simple inflatable mattress with no electrical parts so it seems quite an odd thing to have restriction on.

Anyway, I don't know if something has changed recently and they are having more restrictions - perhaps anything over a certain weight. After a couple of emails back and forth they couldn't tell me so for now if I am buying something I'll just keep my fingers crossed they actually can deliver here as there doesn't appear to be any clear logic to what they exclude.

Any others have any experience of seemingly random items being excluded? Maybe it's linked to the dodgy super saver delivery issues being reported on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

I had the same problem with ordering a hdmi cable and couldn't figure it out.
    I then changed to a different seller and it worked no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Dacelonid wrote: »
    I had the same problem with ordering a hdmi cable and couldn't figure it out.
    I then changed to a different seller and it worked no problem

There are some products that Amazon won't ship to Ireland.

While some independent sellers will only ship items within the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

walshki wrote: »
    I had an issue with delivery today on an inflatable mattress. I wrote to them to ask them why that couldn't be delivered and they just quoted their all encompassing 'we can't deliver some items to all destinations policy' but were not able to explain why this item (only 3kg) wouldn't be delivered (it was an amazon item and was part of an order of £25 so I was lined up for free delivery). It was a simple inflatable mattress with no electrical parts so it seems quite an odd thing to have restriction on.

Anyway, I don't know if something has changed recently and they are having more restrictions - perhaps anything over a certain weight. After a couple of emails back and forth they couldn't tell me so for now if I am buying something I'll just keep my fingers crossed they actually can deliver here as there doesn't appear to be any clear logic to what they exclude.

Any others have any experience of seemingly random items being excluded? Maybe it's linked to the dodgy super saver delivery issues being reported on this thread.

Had same problem before Christmas with an order. I removed all the items and added them in a different order and it then seemed to work. I can't explain it - looked like a software bug. :)

leex wrote: »
    Had same problem before Christmas with an order. I removed all the items and added them in a different order and it then seemed to work. I can't explain it - looked like a software bug. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried a few different ways but everytime says the same item can't be shipped to Ireland. Never mind - be nice to understand their policy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Amazon's policy on what they will or won't ship seems to be totally arbitrary. You can order a Toshiba TV but not a Sony, an Archos MP3 player but not a Sandisk. WTF? I tried to order filters for a water jug and couldn't but I could order filters for a water purifier. Makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bmaxi wrote: »
    Amazon's policy on what they will or won't ship seems to be totally arbitrary. You can order a Toshiba TV but not a Sony, an Archos MP3 player but not a Sandisk. WTF? I tried to order filters for a water jug and couldn't but I could order filters for a water purifier. Makes no sense.
    Are you sure you are ordering from amazon and not a third party seller?

If you are certain it is amazon you can try emailing them, people have reported doing so in other threads and they fixed the product.

I think they might have people quickly sorting products and so putting them in incorrect categories. e.g. a cushion for your hands for a keyboard might be listed in PCs and so be incorrectly recognised as electronics

rubadub wrote: »
    Are you sure you are ordering from amazon and not a third party seller?

If you are certain it is amazon you can try emailing them, people have reported doing so in other threads and they fixed the product.

I think they might have people quickly sorting products and so putting them in incorrect categories. e.g. a cushion for your hands for a keyboard might be listed in PCs and so be incorrectly recognised as electronics

All the products I listed were fulfilled by Amazon. I did e-mail them and got the usual cover all reply plus an opportunity to comment on their policy in the matter, which I did. Haven't heard any more since.
    I put an Archos MP3 player into my basket just to see would they ship and they would, (even qualified for free shipping:)) that was in Electronics. The biggest surprise was the water filters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Amazon can burn in hell for all I care.

I've contacted companies on amazon that were listed as UK but not Ireland delivery and the companies were totally cool with sending to Ireland.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have used Amazon I have had issues with Irish delivery. That probably a grand total of 20 times over the last 3 years. They should have got it right from the start with regards to treating us like a civilized country rather than some 10 year old micro-colony on antartica.

Fûckem.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Amazon can burn in hell for all I care.

I've contacted companies on amazon that were listed as UK but not Ireland delivery and the companies were totally cool with sending to Ireland.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I have used Amazon I have had issues with Irish delivery. That probably a grand total of 20 times over the last 3 years. They should have got it right from the start with regards to treating us like a civilized country rather than some 10 year old micro-colony on antartica.

Fûckem.
    That's unfortunate for you, but I've ordered off them..

** counts "Your Order With Amazon.co.uk" e-mails in Inbox **

.. a total of 27 times since August 2007 and not once have I had trouble.

Me <3 Amazon! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Basq wrote: »

Me <3 Amazon! ;)

Please teach me your ways sage master - seriously. Did you go to some voodoo amazon charm course?

Spill the tricks/tips

(I really get frustrated with not knowing what I can and can't buy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I have never had a problem with Amazon, my orders have been Books, Dvds/Blurays, wii games, and CDs, bought a DSi from there too with no problem. So only small, run of the mill stuff.

Just grateful they deliver a bit more to Ireland now than they used to, and offer some free delivery on stuff. Although I am sure it would be annoying to click away right up until the delivery page and then get knocked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Please teach me your ways sage master - seriously. Did you go to some voodoo amazon charm course?

Spill the tricks/tips

(I really get frustrated with not knowing what I can and can't buy)

After you run your search, refine it further using the filters in the left-hand margin. Refine it to only those with free supersaver delivery and/or fulfilled by Amazon only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

never had a prob with delivery, mostly buggies and big nursary things. Always try to get the free del.

After you run your search, refine it further using the filters in the left-hand margin. Refine it to only those with free supersaver delivery and/or fulfilled by Amazon only.

In fairness I've never historically had any major problems getting items delivered other than the known electrical items issue. That's why I'm wondering if the current issue is a glitch but for now amazon are just sticking with the general policy and haven't offered anything regarding the item in question. For info it's this item
    Quickbed

I also added this Link
    and this
    Batteries

to give a handy kit for camping coming to just over the £25 all told.
    The items are all fulfilled by amazon and eligible for free super saver delivery. I'll still use amazon but it is slightly annoying to have to deal with a policy which seems to be a bit random. Think I'll just try another email and maybe ask them to review it - could be a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

That will work most of the time, but not all of the time.

For example - and these were all fulfilled by Amazon. Not by a Marketplace seller.
    1/ Could order a Cowon S9 16GB mp3 player, but not the 32GB one (which was reduced).
    2/ Could not get an Airfix model kit delivered - perhaps as the included glue is considered a harzardous substance? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfix-A50078-Kittyhawk-Aircraft-Brushes/dp/B00203O038/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1298929307&sr=8-1
    3/ Couldn't get a bleeding Eeyore hot water bottle shipped here. That one really annoyed me!

Basq wrote: »

Me <3 Amazon! ;)

I'd have to infer from this that you haven't been ordering the right (wrong?) stuff.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NX0MF0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0AQQ0MD4EK0XW4W8PZ15&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0040GIZTI/ref=s9_ri_gw_ir01?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-8&pf_rd_r=0AQQ0MD4EK0XW4W8PZ15&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=188832687&pf_rd_i=468294

These are two links to Amazon's website, one is for a Sansa MP3 player and the other for an Ipod. Different, granted but both essentially Mp3 players and both sold from the same site. Put them in your basket and try to buy from an Irish address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

These are two links to Amazon's website, one is for a Sansa MP3 player and the other for an Ipod. Different, granted but both essentially Mp3 players and both sold from the same site. Put them in your basket and try to buy from an Irish address.
    Decided to move to Consumer Issues.. seems more relevent to that now!

Did you contact Amazon about this? Might be just a glitch!

Did notice this in the delivery restrictions:
    Blank media items, such as CDs, DVDs and MP3/4 players.
    Don't know how an MP3 / MP4 counts as a "blank media item" but maybe it's that.

Advertisement