Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.1e wii

Options
  • 14-01-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

Hey guys planning on softmoding my wii and was wondering should i update it from 3.1 to a certain update to get the most out of my wii and how i would go about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

no your on perfect firmware to install the homebrew channel, no special games needed

you want to use the bannerbomb alpha - v1 hack !

and when you do, first thing to do is copy your wii nand to memo card, this will make your wii brick proof, if anything happens you will always be able to restore to this state !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

and when you do, first thing to do is copy your wii nand to memo card, this will make your wii brick proof, if anything happens you will always be able to restore to this state !

Not if you don't have BootMii installed AFAIK :)

Bannerbomb it, my own wii was 3.1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

doesnt bootMii come with HBC ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Hey guys going to be following this <link snipped> just curious about step 4 updating to 4.1, what is the reasoning behind this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hey guys going to be following this <link snipped> just curious about step 4 updating to 4.1, what is the reasoning behind this.

Link removed due to:
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN RELATION TO BACKING UP/RIPPING GAMES. THIS INCLUDES WHERE/HOW OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO DOWNLOADING GAMES
    DO NOT LINK TO SITES THAT HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Hey guys, just a few stupid questions for ya's.

So I soft modded my Wii 3.something (cant rememeber what it was) a few days ago to 4.1E, now everything went fine, HBC there, but when I partitioned my new usb HDD - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KQ3SL0/ref=oss_product things started to go wrong, black screens, usb loaders not reading 222(?) files etc.

So I am thinking, could I go back to my 3.1 (I think) Wii with the Nand file that was made and start this all over again in a slower manner to update to 4.1e? And how do I use the Nand file as I read somewhere that you should only use the Nand file when all else fails.

Sorry for the annoying questions, I just seemed to have got lost when I started to update to hermes222(?) so I could play my backups and took in too much informations and moved and deleted things etc. just so you know if it helps, my Wii still turns on, the HBC is still there and usbloderGX, Wiiflow and CFGloader are still there on my 1gb sdcard even though i removed a few files to try and install this again.

Since I'm not sure if its ok to link to a site on here but I used Wiihacks guide New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii then I used the guide FAT32 Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing for my usb HDD.

Sorry it this is all over the place in trying to explaining whats going on, I am kinda out of my depth a little here...

Thanks for any help, its very much appreciated!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hey guys, just a few stupid questions for ya's.

So I soft modded my Wii 3.something (cant rememeber what it was) a few days ago to 4.1E, now everything went fine, HBC there, but when I partitioned my new usb HDD - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KQ3SL0/ref=oss_product things started to go wrong, black screens, usb loaders not reading 222(?) files etc.

So I am thinking, could I go back to my 3.1 (I think) Wii with the Nand file that was made and start this all over again in a slower manner to update to 4.1e? And how do I use the Nand file as I read somewhere that you should only use the Nand file when all else fails.

Sorry for the annoying questions, I just seemed to have got lost when I started to update to hermes222(?) so I could play my backups and took in too much informations and moved and deleted things etc. just so you know if it helps, my Wii still turns on, the HBC is still there and usbloderGX, Wiiflow and CFGloader are still there on my 1gb sdcard even though i removed a few files to try and install this again.

Since I'm not sure if its ok to link to a site on here but I used Wiihacks guide New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii then I used the guide FAT32 Hard Drives - Formatting, Loading, Ripping, Playing for my usb HDD.

Sorry it this is all over the place in trying to explaining whats going on, I am kinda out of my depth a little here...

Thanks for any help, its very much appreciated!!!!!

Charter:
    DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN RELATION TO BACKING UP/RIPPING GAMES. THIS INCLUDES WHERE/HOW OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO DOWNLOADING GAMES
    DO NOT LINK TO SITES THAT HAVE INFORMATION ON THE ABOVE.
    DO NOT DISCUSS HOW TO RUN PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE ILLEGALLY - THIS INCLUDES LOADERS/FLASH CARDS/MODIFIED CODE ETC

If it's homebrew your looking to get running, it's not the firmware version thats the problem. Your likely missing some cIOS files.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

EnterNow wrote: »
    If it's homebrew your looking to get running, it's not the firmware version thats the problem. Your likely missing some cIOS files.

Sorry if i broke the rules there! Just looking for some direction I think. cIOS files, I think I was messing around with some of them lastnight to update them I think. I'll have another go of it tonight and see what happens anyway.

Sorry again! :o

Advertisement