Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating In Waterford

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Its a fantastic way to meet someone who is attractive because if you sit in beside someone they have to talk to you for the duration of the journey

omg, so you're one of those scary guys who chats up women in taxis and makes them squirm with awkward conversation until they breathe a sigh of relief until they see the safety of their own house!!

haha just kidding, but when you just read the above line, that does sound creepy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

if you sit in beside someone they have to talk to you for the duration of the journey and if you dont like them you can always move seat- it pretty perfect.

I disagree. If ever I have to share a mode of transport with others it is headphones on and look out the window time. One time getting a bus from Waterford to Dungarvan I was told a very long and terribly exciting story about scabs on some old mans ankles. And the worst thing of all is all the seats were gone at that stage. /me shakes fist at WIT bus stop.

The moral of my story is this, there are too many weirdos out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DeiseX

wagtail99 wrote: »
    I am told by a reliable source that Hillwalking is the way to go, plenty of firm calves & thighs, boots are also worn if you're so inclined, the balaclava may also be useful, but you'd need to advance to mountaineering to use the ropes.

Tell us more about this hillwalking.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

DeiseX wrote: »
    Tell us more about this hillwalking.... :D

I don't know about dating, but hill walking is one of the most sociable sports going. Unlike with soccer or tennis you can have a conversation while doing the actual sport, and you can go for a drink after, and have a chat in the car on the way too/from the mountains. Its a good way to get fit too.

Also its not so expensive anymore. You can get decent boots in Aldi when they have their specials. I'm an experienced hiker, with fancy Gore-Tex boots that cost over €200, but my €35 Aldi boots are just as good for walking in the Comeraghs in the more moderate weather of Spring/Summer/Autumn.
    The club go each Sunday. There is a notice somewhere, I think in the Munster Express clubs section. They leave from the Hyper market car park.

Also hillwalking is not a gender specific sport, so a mix attend the walks.

Advertisement