Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange question maybe but....

• 14-01-2011 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i could get a balaclava and/or night vision goggles in Waterford?

Might sound dodgy but I like to go on late night walks in country areas and it can get quite cold late at night. Also I like to go into the woods hence the goggles would be really handy...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Army/Outdoor store on the quay.

Good luck using that excuse in the future though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

The army shop on the quay would be your best bet,they used to sell balaclavas before but I'm not to sure about the goggles but the could probably order them in for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You could also I imagine buy them (NVG's) pretty cheap second hand over on the Airsoft Adverts fourm. Seems to be a good few people based locally involved in the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭newportwex

Cheers lads, am heading into town now, need some rope aswell as it happens, assume any harware will sell that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

Yes, Woodies have a good selection of ropes. You could get a spade and a bag of lime there also, if you don't already have some in the boot of your car. Some plastic cable ties are often useful too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

newportwex wrote: »
    Does anyone know where i could get a balaclava and/or night vision goggles in Waterford?

Might sound dodgy but I like to go on late night walks in country areas and it can get quite cold late at night. Also I like to go into the woods hence the goggles would be really handy...

Cheers

Stalking is just so hard going during the cold dark winter nights, eh?
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Mods,

Do any of you live down a country road near a wooded area? Lock all your doors and windows - he's gonna clean up this forum whether you like it or not!

gscully wrote: »
    Mods,

Do any of you live down a country road near a wooded area? Lock all your doors and windows - he's gonna clean up this forum whether you like it or not!

Great joke, but I'd advise you not to mention the mods or they'll just close the thread.

Like they did when Richie Cranium handed them their arse the last time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Great joke, but I'd advise you not to mention the mods or they'll just close the thread.

Ah, but I'm just warning them, not being critical of them. Apart from Ziedth's taste in football, they seem ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Is this in anyway related to your thread about meeting women in the Waterford area newportwex?

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    Ah, but I'm just warning them, not being critical of them. Apart from Ziedth's taste in football, they seem ok :D

His posts are very bland and idiotic alot of the time too, which is why people seem to ignore him if they can.

But we're getting off topic here i fear. I managed to get a balaclava in the army shop and have the goggles ordered off ebay.

I'm excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

ah good old fashion stalking
    it was all the craze before face book made it possible to stalk someone without leaving the house.

back on topic, i dont beleive a word of it op

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was that your attempt at handing us our arse? Richie did better. Your a ****e troll and tbh, most of us have had enough of you.
    His posts are very bland and idiotic alot of the time too, which is why people seem to ignore him if they can.

But we're getting off topic here i fear. I managed to get a balaclava in the army shop and have the goggles ordered off ebay.

I'm excited.

Share your excitement somewhere else. Take a two week holiday in the woods. Call it a sabbatical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement