Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Margarets Chruch, Finglas

Options
  • 14-01-2011 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've tried googling and looking on maps but I can't find any location for St. Margarets church in Finglas and I have a funeal to go to there today, if anyone could point me on how to get out there from town, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,

Z

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

There is a St. Margaret's church in St. Margaret's which isn't far from Finglas, is that the one you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

abejail wrote: »
    The image in mind comes from the book A Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Attwood. My conncern, as Emily Rose pointed out is that with increasing power given to fundamentalist Chrisian movements, the erroding wall beween Chruch and State, the Faith Based Initiatives, and the culture war on abortion...are we headed for a church-influenced totalitarian society?

No thats a different church :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think it must be that St. Margarets, roughly where is it? I'm looking to get there from town.

Thanks a million.

Also:
    The image in mind comes from the book A Handmaid's Tale, by Margaret Attwood. My conncern, as Emily Rose pointed out is that with increasing power given to fundamentalist Chrisian movements, the erroding wall beween Chruch and State, the Faith Based Initiatives, and the culture war on abortion...are we headed for a church-influenced totalitarian society?

What? :confused::confused:

Are you driving - you need to take the N2 towards Finglas, continue up the bypass until you come to a roundabout (Finglas village will be on you right hand side)

At roundabout take 3rd exit, (passing Lidl & Aldi on your left), continue forward until roundabout and take 1st exit, continue forward until roundabout and take 2nd exit.

St. Margarets church is not far from the left hand turn signposted St Margarets.

(There will be a left turn soon off the roundabout, thats not the one you want, it is just houses/bungalows) take the next left turn signposted St Margarets, I think it will be the 2nd on your left (the bungalows being the 1st turn), its only a very short road, take a right (not a great road) and you should see the church on your left.

Alternatively take the N2 from the city to the M50 and exit at the first exit for coldwinters, take a right from this exit heading north. Continue forward, at Kilshane Cross/ Kellys Timber junction (name has since changed. The junctions is easy to see as it is a large signal controlled junction. take a right at the lights and continue forward to rounabout. Take 1st exit at roundabout and (there will be a left turn soon off the roundabout, thats not the one you want, it is just houses/bungalows) take the next left turn signposted St Margarets, I think it will be the 2nd on your left (the bungalows being the 1st turn), its only a very short road, take a right (not a great road) and you should see the church on your left.

If you miss that turn, the next turn is also for St Margaret's, take that turn continue to the junction and take a left follow the road around (windey road) the church will be on your right.

Thanks for that, really appreciate it.

I should have said I was hoping to take public transport- is that an option? I feel really bad asking all these questions but google is failing me badly today!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The nearest bus I can see is the 140, get off it when it gets a bit past Charlestown shopping centre, and walk to the church from there.

On the timetable it's somewhere the third last and second last stages

No problem, I'm not sure about public transport, the 40B from Parnell St, used to serve the general area but I think that service is gone. The 140 only goes as far as St. Margarets Road afaik, but thats way too far for you to walk.

I don't know if any of the Bus Eireann buses serve St. Margarets either.

St. Margarets church is in a rural setting, sorry I can't really help any further hopefully someone else can help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The 40b is defintely gone, and neither a 40 or 40a goes anywhere near the church.

As said, the 140 is the best option.

Here's another option.

Get the 40/40a or 140 to Charlestown or Finglas and get a taxi from there.

There's a taxi company in Finglas Village

Thanks a million guys. Really appreciate it.

Zo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/New-timetable-Route-40-a/
    Toberburr is a housing estate known as Rivermeade, which the bus passes through St Margarets to get there, there's a bus sevice from Parnell St that goes there so use the above link and you'll find which bus it is as not every 40 goes out there. St Margarets village is about a 45 minute walk from Finglas not recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Dotsey wrote: »
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/New-timetable-Route-40-a/
    Toberburr is a housing estate known as Rivermeade, which the bus passes through St Margarets to get there, there's a bus sevice from Parnell St that goes there so use the above link and you'll find which bus it is as not every 40 goes out there. St Margarets village is about a 45 minute walk from Finglas not recommended.
    53°25'51.01"N 6°18'3.13"W theyre the coordinates for the church for anyone who wants to google it

Advertisement