Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Result delay?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I wouldn't read too much into what it says on SIS at the minute. The credits could be incomplete due to all the results not being uploaded on the system. Or it could be any number of other issues due the results not yet being officially released. Don't forget that many exam papers would have been corrected late due to the bad weather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

My credit statement has returned to its original status now anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    They won't give the actual result, its against college rules.

They will just say if you done good bad or average, that is if they say anything.

I doubt it's against the college rules, seeing as I got complete results for two of my modules last year within about 3 days of sitting each exam last year.

So as I said if you're that worried, send an email, worst that can happen is they just say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

If you were to repeat, you'd most likely have to resit an exam in May, not re-do the entire module.

Nope this one is a full on repeat of the module in its entirety :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

At the bottom of the window it says
    Total Credits by Level
    Level 0. Earned: 0. Registered: 0
    Level 1. Earned: 20. Registered: 0

If I look at my credit statement now - it says I've earned 0, but Registered 60 Level 1.

Very strange indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oops, I may have caused a stir about this, I asked one of my lecturers and he checked with the assessment office and it means nothing at the mo.

Sorry for panicking people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

I know where to find my results:

www.ucd.ie/stuweb ->
    Information for Students ->
    Student Records ->
    View your Examination Results ->
    select a year from the drop-down-menu (this year is not on the list yet)

but where can I see this "credit statement"?

Slippers wrote: »
    I know where to find my results:

www.ucd.ie/stuweb ->
    Information for Students ->
    Student Records ->
    View your Examination Results ->
    select a year from the drop-down-menu (this year is not on the list yet)

but where can I see this "credit statement"?

In the module registration part of SIS over on the right hand side

misslt wrote: »
    Oops, I may have caused a stir about this, I asked one of my lecturers and he checked with the assessment office and it means nothing at the mo.

Sorry for panicking people :)

People should listen to me :pac:
    I wouldn't read too much into what it says on SIS at the minute. The credits could be incomplete due to all the results not being uploaded on the system. Or it could be any number of other issues due the results not yet being officially released. Don't forget that many exam papers would have been corrected late due to the bad weather.

In the module registration part of SIS over on the right hand side

All I see on the right hand side of the module registration page is:

Your Profile
    [my name]
    Occasional Human Sciences 2010/2011
    Stage 1

blank_button_left.gifView Calendarblank_button_right.gif

Key to Symbols
    legend.gif
    Steps Completed
    Step partially completed
    Step to be completed

conflict.jpg Schedule Conflict
    ucd_blackboard_icon.gif Module in Blackboard
    ucd_suggest_icon.gif Suggested Module

This is on the page that says
    STEP 1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
    STEP 2. MODULE REGISTRATION

and
    "Your Details, Survey Info, Accommodation, Fees, Your Summary"
    across the top. Am I looking in the right place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

It will be the best/worst 21st Birthday present ever. Final semester,hopefully flawless but I have my doubts.

All I see on the right hand side of the module registration page is:

Your Profile
    [my name]
    Occasional Human Sciences 2010/2011
    Stage 1

blank_button_left.gifView Calendarblank_button_right.gif

Key to Symbols
    legend.gif
    Steps Completed
    Step partially completed
    Step to be completed

conflict.jpg Schedule Conflict
    ucd_blackboard_icon.gif Module in Blackboard
    ucd_suggest_icon.gif Suggested Module

This is on the page that says
    STEP 1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
    STEP 2. MODULE REGISTRATION

and
    "Your Details, Survey Info, Accommodation, Fees, Your Summary"
    across the top. Am I looking in the right place?

Click on the Module Registration tab and it should be over on the right under "credit information". If it's not there, well, I'm all out of ideas.

I don't think I have a Module Registration tab. Thanks for your help anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

Everyone does have a Module Registration Tab.

SIS web : Enter Registration Process.
    Then click on Your summary (at the top of the page) : You go down and click on " Begin Module Registration "

And your credit statement is supposed to appear on the right hand of the page !

At the bottom of the summary page it just says

"STEP 2. MODULE REGISTRATION
    Step 2 of the registration process is...
    ...There will be an opportunity to change next semester modules at the start of that semester."

and then lists my Semester One modules and Semester Two modules.

At the beginning of last semester I had to email the school of economics and get them to register me for my modules (core and option) because I couldn't find a way to do it online. My course is the MA Qualifier in Economics which isn't really a course on its own so I think that's what's causing the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Slippers, on the side of the module registration page it tells you how many credits youre registered for kinda like this:

Core 30
    Electives 20

and it goes across to say how many you've completed etc. Underneath that there is a little link called 'View your credit statement' (I think it's called that). Doesn't mean anything atm anyway, so no point in checking really :P

snooleen wrote: »
    Slippers, on the side of the module registration page it tells you how many credits youre registered for kinda like this:

Core 30
    Electives 20

and it goes across to say how many you've completed etc. Underneath that there is a little link called 'View your credit statement' (I think it's called that). Doesn't mean anything atm anyway, so no point in checking really :P

Thanks but I can't find any of that stuff. This is what I see. What do you guys see?

Top of page:

Modules%201.jpg

Bottom of page:

Modules%202.jpg

At the beginning of last semester I had to email the school of economics and get them to register me for my modules (core and option) because I couldn't find a way to do it online. My course is the MA Qualifier in Economics which isn't really a course on its own so I think that's what's causing the problems.

Your course is an example of one of many that has a different SIS set-up. The credit statement that people keep referring to is mainly there to help people who are picking modules online know when they have enough credits. You didn't have to do that, so you don't have one.

People are putting far too much importance the credit statement! Same as I said when people were thinking they had got their results early due to changes in it, ignore it as it is not that important!

Ok thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

apparently because of the results delay the county council grants are being held until UCD confirms you're still in attendance.......

• Advertisement

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    apparently because of the results delay the county council grants are being held until UCD confirms you're still in attendance.......

You are meant to do this to confirm you are still in attendance. In case you don't know.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/registration.html
    Forgotten to confirm your attendance at UCD this semester? Don’t worry, there’s still time! (posted 27 January 2011)
    You are required to confirm your continued attendance at UCD before Friday, 28 January 2011. To do so please log into SISWeb. All you have to do is click on 'Enter registration process'. This confirms that you are in attendance for Semester 2 so don't worry when you don't get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

What time did the results go up last year? I think I remember getting mine at something like 6am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

In Semester II of last year, I got them at like 1am or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

You are meant to do this to confirm you are still in attendance. In case you don't know.

http://www.ucd.ie/students/registration.html

Yeah I did confirm!! apparently, UCD wait until they know everyones status and then send the info on to the county council in one big list instead of drips and drabs. It makes sense, but it's such a pain because of the delays!!

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    Yeah I did confirm!! apparently, UCD wait until they know everyones status and then send the info on to the county council in one big list instead of drips and drabs. It makes sense, but it's such a pain because of the delays!!

That is not true. UCD will have confirmed your attendance by February 1 via the link I mentioned. For example, this is what they say for Dublin City Council grant students.
    Payments will be made into students' bank accounts by your Dublin Local Authority - you do not need to sign or collect. For the purposes of grant maintenance payment 2, UCD will have confirmed a student's continued attendance, or otherwise, to the Local Authority by 1 February 2011. It is expected monies will be paid into a student's bank account in mid-February 2011.
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/maintenance_cheques.htm

At what point does it become reasonable to keep hitting refresh on the results page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Em... Id leave it for now, and try again tonight. And again after Midnight... Once its officially the 4th, they could be any time! But its unlikely they will be available until then!

Yeah I'll wait until midnight and then begin the compulsive mouse tapping.

I'm pretty sure these will be the worst results of my three years in college, but I'm just so damn impatient!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

They normally come out between 11pm and 3am. As far as I remember. Averaging around 1am.

• Advertisement

TDOie wrote: »
    They normally come out between 11pm and 3am. As far as I remember. Averaging around 1am.

See you all on this thread later so. Bring beer.

Advertisement