Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Result delay?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Is it really worth staying up for results? I never stayed up once to view them. They'll be the same results in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Is it really worth staying up for results? I never stayed up once to view them. They'll be the same results in the morning.
    Usually for people who worry about them they can't sleep if they don't get them asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Can't agree more.Your results at 1am are they same as 7am.No point waiting up, there could be a last minute hitch and they might be delayed til tomorrow morning / afternoon.One can't change them now, so why worry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

alan4cult wrote: »
    Usually for people who worry about them they can't sleep if they don't get them asap.

But they might not be up until the next day anyway, so why stay up all night stressing? Get your nights sleep and go to college tomorrow. Or else go out and have a laugh with friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

I was just kidding anyway, jaysis I never stayed up waiting for them before. Better to be in a sleepy haze viewing them in the morning anyway so the shock and disappoint is dulled somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I did that last semester actually, rolled over and half woke up at 6 am or so and had a text from one of my mates saying that were results were up. Kept my eyes closed, felt around for the laptop and turned it on and put in my password. Opened one eye to get the results up and fell back asleep. Had to recheck them when I woke up because I'd completely forgotten what they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Will probably stay up, not sure if it will be solely for the results though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I usually dont care but I may have failed a module so this time I care (sham of a module)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

I usually dont care but I may have failed a module so this time I care (sham of a module)

How come people never get A's in the "sham of a module" classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Some people do, I'm sure. (out of nearly 40 modules i've done, this is the only one ive ever complained about)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

Oh I'm definitely staying up. I know I won't sleep anyway so have just opened wine and preparing for the long haul! I wished some people in my class good luck this evening and they said they forgot results were coming out. I would love to be so relaxed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Server is down at the mo for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭EoghanRua

Server is down at the mo for me

Working fine for me so I wouldn't read anything into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

Yea fine for me too.

Advertisement