Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car check

• 14-01-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Whats the best website to use to get a car checked, stolen, crash etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It could have been stolen, crashed and never been recorded, those online checkers give no guarantee, keep your money for a good mechanic to check it our for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Is there anyway of making sure it aint stolen?

You could take the reg into your local Garda Station, if your lucky someone might tell you if it's ok or not. They don't have to and i'm not sure if there allowed but if you meet someone sound, they'd have a fair idea if it was stolen or if it was in a crash if the Garda had to be called to an accident.

Is there an insurance disk in the car? You could call the insurance company. Why do you think it's stolen, have you a link to the car?

no reasonreally, just want to be sure :)

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1788312

I'd say you'd probably safe enough with that once you get it checked out, it has NCT until 2012, it's an 9yr old city car so it's probably got a bit of paint work along the way but it's probably nothing to be worried about.
    Any mates that are mechanics and take them with you to have a look?

I'd be offering, 1200.

• Advertisement

Nah it seems ok like, took it for a spin, gears were fine, steering was fine, breaks were strong. Im literaly gona keep it for a year and upgrade, just need something cheap to run, cheap to buy and reliable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'd say you'd probably safe enough with that once you get it checked out, it has NCT until 2012, it's an 9yr old city car so it's probably got a bit of paint work along the way but it's probably nothing to be worried about.
    Any mates that are mechanics and take them with you to have a look?

I'd be offering, 1200.
    If I was selling that car and you came to me and offered 1200 I'd probably punch you in the face. :pac:

yeah was thinking maybe 1750 1800, I want to service it and get it valeted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No need to service it if it's already been serviced recently, assuming the seller has receipts etc.

Ah been honest id like to get a service done by my mechanic, Just to be safe like. Gonna buy seat covers and matts too, Want her clean :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement