Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killiney dart station parking

Options
  • 14-01-2011 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am wondering if there would be parking at or near killiney dart station on a sunday? I don't know the area at all..
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Hi, I am wondering if there would be parking at or near killiney dart station on a sunday? I don't know the area at all..
    Thanks
    On a Sunday you probably would, depends if its a nice day and what time too. I remember not getting parking there on a sunny sunday in summer but at this time of year it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

plenty of parking this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Thanks,so its at the grounds of the station itself ? Is it pay and display?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Thanks,so its at the grounds of the station itself ? Is it pay and display?

no its free (well it was anyway) it across the road from the station.
    There are smaller carparks on the beach slightly further down also that are definitely free if the station is not your destination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Thanks! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 PIKOMAN

I see they have just installed pay and display parking back in Killiney. This was free for years. I cant find any reference to the implementation of pay parking by dun laoghaire rathdown council. Very annoyed and dont understand the logic here.... ( apart from more money grabbing by the council)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

They've put pay parking up by Cherrywood Luas too.

Very shortsighted IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Great incentive for people to use public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

http://www.dublinpeople.com/article.php?id=1964

The councillors apparently voted for it, let them know what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Larbre34 wrote: »
    http://www.dublinpeople.com/article.php?id=1964

The councillors apparently voted for it, let them know what you think

nothing in that article makes it sound like it was voted in. Something else was and this is the council trying to increase it's revenue as an offset.

Pay and display at the Station is a bit much, the area is also heavily used for recreational purposes throughout the day, especially in summer. A maximum stay on a set number of the spaces to keep the free for non commuters would be a good idea. AN extra 40-45 euro a week will mean many will just drive to their destination rather than get the train.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

nothing in that article makes it sound like it was voted in. Something else was and this is the council trying to increase it's revenue as an offset.

Pay and display at the Station is a bit much, the area is also heavily used for recreational purposes throughout the day, especially in summer. A maximum stay on a set number of the spaces to keep the free for non commuters would be a good idea. AN extra 40-45 euro a week will mean many will just drive to their destination rather than get the train.

It was voted in as part of the budget approved by the council

“It is against this background that a number of pay and display schemes were adopted as part of Budget 2013.”

People could drive to Dalkey DART station where it will be cheaper to park legally - €3 per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Is Shankill still free to park at? Would be easier getting there than going to Dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Is Shankill still free to park at? Would be easier getting there than going to Dalkey

Not for long. I saw a plan to pave the carpark there and install pay and display

Advertisement