Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When does my employer have to pay my redundancy?

Options
  • 14-01-2011 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Check out this page:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/redundancy/redundancy_payments.html

This section near the bottom probably covers it:
    On the date of the termination of employment your employer must give you a "Redundancy Certificate" - section B of form RP50 - and should pay the redundancy lump sum due to you.

If your employer has not paid your redundancy lump sum, you should apply to your employer for it using form RP77 (pdf). If your employer still refuses to pay it, you can apply to the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation for direct payment from the Social Insurance Fund using form RP50 (pdf) as follows:

If your employer is unable to pay your redundancy lump sum, he should sign the RP50 and submit a letter from an accountant or solicitor stating he is unable to pay and accepting liability for the 40% owing to the Social Insurance Fund together with documentary evidence such as audited accounts
    If your employer refuses to pay your redundancy lump sum or if there is a dispute about redundancy you can bring a claim to the Employment Appeals Tribunal using the application form TI-A. This must be done within one year of your dismissal. To apply for your lump sum you should send a completed form RP50 together with a favourable decision from the Employment Appeals Tribunal
    Insolvency: If the company has been liquidated or is in receivership, the completed form RP50 should be sent in by the liquidator or receiver on behalf of the employees.

The application for payment from the Social Insurance Fund should be sent to the Redundancy Payments Section, Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation, Davitt House, 65A Adelaide Road, Dublin 2.

You can find information about redundancy payments guidelines and procedures as well as a list of frequently asked questions about redundancy on the website of the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Innovation. Further information about redundancy entitlements is in this Guide to the Redundancy Payments Scheme (pdf).

For further information about the Redundancy Payments Scheme contact the Information Services of the National Employment Rights Authority (NERA).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

When they have to let you go and that they are not replacing you with anyone else. In a nut shell when the work you are doing is not needed any more . You are entitled to redundancy if you have worked there for a set number of weeks without breaking your employment. Check the siptu web site , it may have more info for you. You should get the payment with your last weeks wage.

Advertisement