Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting power outside to a shed

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Bill Electrical Aprentice

come back to haunt me, i dig trenches i get my hands dirty.i might have a lot to learn but i cant know everything who does?I just stated that people cant give out that being a electrician is a clean occupation i personally took this career path because i dont want to be complaining of a sore back or have aches and pains when im older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

paddy147 wrote: »
    Be carefull who you call thick and who you slagg off,because there might be people here that may actually know you and things like this can come back to haunt you.

O feck, i hope no one knows me:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

robbie7730 wrote: »
    O feck, i hope no one knows me:pac:

You never know,do you?:pac::pac:

come back to haunt me, i dig trenches i get my hands dirty.i might have a lot to learn but i cant know everything who does?I just stated that people cant give out that being a electrician is a clean occupation i personally took this career path because i dont want to be complaining of a sore back or have aches and pains when im older.

You are quoted as stating the people who dig trenches on building sites are too thick to be an electricain (very last part of post 89).

So I pulled you up on your idiotic,mocking quote,comment and post.
    You havent a clue what you are saying with regards your comments and people on sites.So wize up.

quote...most people

• Advertisement

quote...most people

You still mocked others,when you clearly dont have a clue as to their backrounds or mental and technical ability/abilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

total BS alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Ok lads, we've gone off topic.

Please keep this inline with the op. Bill Electrical Aprentice you are new to the forum so we have to give you a break.
    Please read the forum charter before you post again, your comments about people being thick are offending to some and add nothing to the point you were trying to make, please try to be nice here.

Also you may want to revisit your user name unless you are a troll who intended to call people thick while deliberately spelling your current work status incorrectly.

I don't want to lock the thread because it's not a bad one. So keep it on track please.

Thank you all.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jarvisob

Right i'm gonna throw my questions into the mix....
    I'm looking to bring power out to a shed which will be used as a band practice room. There is already another garden shed just off the house which from future on will not have any significant load and just the occasional light on.
    Is is okay to just bring the power from this old shed to the new one instead of going from main board in the house ( i think this shed is fed from another outdoor socket too).
    The run to the new shed is only bout 20mins...will 6sq SWA be okay?
    Also when i get to new shed what will i need in the board? I'm using 6 double sockets, 1 pendent light and one spur for an extractor fan....does fan need to be on it's own circuit? Should i split the 6 doubles into two circuits? Thanks for yer time....

jarvisob wrote: »
    Right i'm gonna throw my questions into the mix....
    I'm looking to bring power out to a shed which will be used as a band practice room. There is already another garden shed just off the house which from future on will not have any significant load and just the occasional light on.
    Is is okay to just bring the power from this old shed to the new one instead of going from main board in the house ( i think this shed is fed from another outdoor socket too).
    The run to the new shed is only bout 20mins...will 6sq SWA be okay?
    Also when i get to new shed what will i need in the board? I'm using 6 double sockets, 1 pendent light and one spur for an extractor fan....does fan need to be on it's own circuit? Should i split the 6 doubles into two circuits? Thanks for yer time....

It would be far better to bring the supply to the new shed from the board in the house. 6 square from there will do fine if its 20 meters like you said. There would be little point in going from the first shed to the second one with 6 square if the first one is only fed from a socket circuit.

The fan can be on its own circuit, or taken from a switched fused spur from the sockets. 6 sockets can be fed from one circuit MCB, or split into 2. You could have them wired as 2 circuits of 3 sockets each, and put them into a single MCB, but can then easily seperate to 2 MCBs if ever needed later on.

• Advertisement

what work status ? sorry was in a bad mood yesterday

It would be far better to bring the supply to the new shed from the board in the house. 6 square from there will do fine if its 20 meters like you said. There would be little point in going from the first shed to the second one with 6 square if the first one is only fed from a socket circuit.

The fan can be on its own circuit, or taken from a switched fused spur from the sockets. 6 sockets can be fed from one circuit MCB, or split into 2. You could have them wired as 2 circuits of 3 sockets each, and put them into a single MCB, but can then easily seperate to 2 MCBs if ever needed later on.

Thanks for your feedback...it's looking very awkward to come from main board of house and since i'm doing this job for free i'm looking at minimising the time factor ( whilst making sure i still do things correctly of course)....so would it be ok to just use 2.5 SWA from shed one to new shed so instead of 6 square?? Also would you (or others) have any idea whether having a fan on same circuit as sockets might interfere with amps and recording equipment?? Thanks for your time...

jarvisob wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback...it's looking very awkward to come from main board of house and since i'm doing this job for free i'm looking at minimising the time factor ( whilst making sure i still do things correctly of course)....so would it be ok to just use 2.5 SWA from shed one to new shed so instead of 6 square?? Also would you (or others) have any idea whether having a fan on same circuit as sockets might interfere with amps and recording equipment?? Thanks for your time...

Well it will work using the 2.5 swa, and slightly better if use 4 square even though its likely 2.5 feeding the first shed. Certainly not the best way to do it though.

I dont think the extractor fan would cause any problem to the amps and recording equipment. Even if it did, it would be unlikely to improve it by connecting the fan straight to its own circuit on an MCB board which itself is only fed from a cable the same size as the socket circuits anyway. Should be ok though. You could get a fan and put a plug on it and try it into the same socket as one of your amps and try it before you even wire the shed up.

Well it will work using the 2.5 swa, and slightly better if use 4 square even though its likely 2.5 feeding the first shed. Certainly not the best way to do it though.

I dont think the extractor fan would cause any problem to the amps and recording equipment. Even if it did, it would be unlikely to improve it by connecting the fan straight to its own circuit on an MCB board which itself is only fed from a cable the same size as the socket circuits anyway. Should be ok though. You could get a fan and put a plug on it and try it into the same socket as one of your amps and try it before you even wire the shed up.

Cheers

Advertisement